Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 01-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
spunky-shrimp

K-ON! Cosplay!

I didn't see a thread about K-ON cosplay ;A; So I made one

So, Who likes to cosplay K-ON? I do! K-ON is one of my favorite shows of all time >w<

I started learning how to play the guitar before K-ON and after watching it I was all *Must Learn songs*

and so I did. LOL It's nerdy, but hey, they are well composed and thought out songs Super fun to play!

Am I the only cosplayer who knows how to play the instrument my character does? XD
spunky-shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2011, 02:31 AM   #2
geomiyo
Feelin' the Flow~

I adore K-On! and Yui is my favorite character so I cosplayed her (in her Don't Say Lazy dress, there's a picture in my gallery/on my profile). I used a guitar hero controller (with a cherry sunburst sticker/skin on it) for my giitah. XD Yui was really fun to cosplay but the outfit was kind of obnoxious and uncomfortable. I want to cosplay her in other outfits, or maybe a different character. But I need a new wig, I don't really like the wig I have for Yui. >.>

That's awesome that you can play the songs from the show. And you make a really cute Yui. ^^ I don't really play any instruments but my friend and I sang "Watashi no Koi wa Hotchkiss" (My Love is a Stapler) for our school's talent show. We sang it in Japanese and she sang Mio's part and I sang Yui's. That same friend hasn't cosplayed Mio (I want her to), but she was learning to play bass (I don't know if she still is). This isn't from K-On!, but once at a con, there was this guy cosplaying and playing the cello because his character was a cellist; it was really cool.
geomiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
songbirdblues
let's sing to the sky

You two make adorable Yuis ;P
And there actually is a K-on thread, but it hasn't been active since June of 2010 ;P But yeah, IDK. Hopefully this one will remain active? xD

I'm going to cosplay as Mio's Don't Say Lazy dress for a con this April! I still need to sew and make her striped glove and the cane, but the costume is close to done. I also have Azu-nyan's Listen!! outfit done, but need to buy a wig for her -__-;

It's cool that you play the guitar! I actually don't any instrument. If anything I want to learn the drums--though sadly I don't cosplay Ristu xD
songbirdblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
spunky-shrimp

Aww thanks both of you >w<

You two are both super cute! xD

Don't say lazy is very popular its so cute :3

I wan't to make a different Yui cosplay for this year, but IDK which one. I love them all xD

Sadly I am a party of 1 in my K-ON group ;A; I wish I had more members xD
Unread 01-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I'm planning to cosplay Azusa, I'm currently working on both the winter and summer uniforms.
I'd like to do her Listen! outfit too though.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
mahoukiyoraka

Yay K-ON!
I've cosplayed as Mio in her Listen! outfit Super fun and easy!
I don't play bass though, just piano :P

But I want to do the winter uniform... trouble is, I already have the skirt and shirt, so I'm only looking for the jacket! I'm trying to find one for about $25 or less; any suggestions?
mahoukiyoraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoukiyoraka View Post
But I want to do the winter uniform... trouble is, I already have the skirt and shirt, so I'm only looking for the jacket! I'm trying to find one for about $25 or less; any suggestions?
I need the jacket too x___x
I'm currently trying to look for one that I can alter since all the K-On! cosplay specific cosplay ones are so expencive to buy.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
atlantisan

I've cosplayed Azusa in two of her outfits. I've done her uniform and Listen! outfits. I really like her Listen! outfit since it's so comfortable. I found the blazer jacket from H&M a while back and re-did the buttons since it was double breasted.

I'm currently working on a Mio cosplay for my friend so we can go to AX together. I was thinking of also working on Azusa's No, Thank You! outfit. :3

I also have a guitar, a red Fender Squire, for Azusa. I got it for Christmas but I haven't learned yet because I've been super busy (ALA was this past weekend!). I really want to learn some songs from K-ON!

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
Sakura Blizzard
Hoshi Hikaru

I may be doing this cosplay soon. I saw them in a chinese manga book when I was in shanghi a year ago. I didn't know what they were called though since I couldn't read it! lol But I know I'll be trying one othe them when I'm done with my D. Gray-man. I play guitar, piano, and littlie singing. hehe also flute. This would be fun! Can't remember that other music filled manga though. -_-' hehe.
Sakura Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #10
spunky-shrimp

Yay~! Lots of replies >u<

For my uniform, right away, I knew I had to make the skirt. But in the end I had to make the blazer >n< I couldn't find one that fit me or was the right color D:

I wish I could find one for cheap online.

Yay! K-ON~ K-ON needs more love D: So many people asked me why I had my guitar with me as Yui OTL
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
songbirdblues
let's sing to the sky

Maybe check out various second-hand or thrift stores for some blazer jackets? I know they have some pretty good blazers for cheap prices xD Granted there probably won't be any that are close to their uniforms, but it's a try

I also have a quick question. I'm going as Mio's 'Don't Say Lazy' outfit... would it be best if I accompany the outfit with her cane or rose bouquet or both? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky-shrimp View Post
So many people asked me why I had my guitar with me as Yui OTL
LOL xD
songbirdblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
spunky-shrimp

They were like- "Why do you have a guitar?"
me- "I'm Yui. From K-ON! Ever seen it?"
Them- "no."
me- "OMGWTHBBQ :< GO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW D:< "
Them- "ok...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbirdblues View Post

I also have a quick question. I'm going as Mio's 'Don't Say Lazy' outfit... would it be best if I accompany the outfit with her cane or rose bouquet or both? :P

I vote cane C: There are more poses and ways to use the cane as a prop C:

You can really only hold a bouquet one way xD
Unread 01-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
atlantisan

Aww! That's sad ;-; I thought K-ON! was super well known and popular haha.

@songbirdblues - hmm. I like the rose bouquet better, it's more elegant :3 There's a couple different poses that come to mind. You can hold the bouquet sticking out, or you can hold it to the side flicked out and having a pensive kinda look. Idk. You really only need 1 pose anyway for most of the pictures lol! Cane makes me think "pimp cane" and I can't stop laughing at Pimp Cane Mio. xD

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #14
geomiyo
Feelin' the Flow~

I thought K-On! was pretty popular and well-known and then I cosplayed Yui (Don't Say Lazy version) to a convention and the only people who recognized me were those who attended the K-On! panel (which was pretty small). I don't see many other K-On! cosplayers at cons and it makes me sad. It's such a cute and fun show with catchy music and lovable characters; what's not to like? But I have some friends who I want to cosplay K-On! with me someday. I really want to do a Listen!! photoshoot... that is when I get around to cosplaying that version and convincing my friends.

@ songbirdblues: I think the cane would be easier/better for con-going but the bouquet would be fun for a photoshoot or something. So I vote that you use both but only bring the cane to cons and just use the bouquet for some photos. ^^

And Mio is most definitely a pimp. XD
geomiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #15
mahoukiyoraka

Ahh I know what you mean! K-On! Seems really popular, but then at cons, everyone's like... what?
I wore my Listen!! Mio to NYAF/CC and only got a few pictures or even people telling me nice costume or something XD I was real surprised when someone yelled Mio! from behind me, but it was fun

I'll have to keep searching for my blazer! My Azusa and Yui friends already have the uniform, so I need to work on looking for that before classes start up again!
mahoukiyoraka is offline   Reply With Quote