Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:32 AM   #46
TishaAlbarn

So excited, just bought my cosplay for Aomine! Can't wait to cosplay as him for AX, now I just need to get his wig and nice Basketball type shoes.
Mega Lucario (Pokémon XY/SSB4) - 100%
Yami Marik (Yu-Gi-Oh!) - 50%
Zen (Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth) - 85%

Conventions I will be attending, so far:
PMX 2014 [Maybe]
ALA 2015 [Definitely]

Live in the LA/SoCal area and want to meet other fellow cosplayers? Then join us: https://m.facebook.com/groups/248400145316182
TishaAlbarn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #47
Gubby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaAlbarn View Post
So excited, just bought my cosplay for Aomine! Can't wait to cosplay as him for AX, now I just need to get his wig and nice Basketball type shoes.
That's awesome, I'm ordering my Kuroko cosplay today~!
I see you went to Anime LA (I attended as well >w<)!
Are you going to Anime Conji by any chance? c:
Gubby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #48
Jodari

I want to do Aomine or Murasakibara. I'm 6'7 so it should be fun. Never cosplayed yet but I'm going to my first con at A-Kon
Jodari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #49
TishaAlbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubby3 View Post
That's awesome, I'm ordering my Kuroko cosplay today~!
I see you went to Anime LA (I attended as well >w<)!
Are you going to Anime Conji by any chance? c:
Thank you and that's great, I love Kuroko too. :3

I loved ALA, who did you cosplay there? I might have seen you.
And sadly I don't think I will be able to attend this year, I will next year, though. I plan to go attend Anime Expo, Anime California, PMX this year and ALA next year.
Mega Lucario (Pokémon XY/SSB4) - 100%
Yami Marik (Yu-Gi-Oh!) - 50%
Zen (Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth) - 85%

Conventions I will be attending, so far:
PMX 2014 [Maybe]
ALA 2015 [Definitely]

Live in the LA/SoCal area and want to meet other fellow cosplayers? Then join us: https://m.facebook.com/groups/248400145316182
TishaAlbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #50
Mukkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodari View Post
I want to do Aomine or Murasakibara. I'm 6'7 so it should be fun. Never cosplayed yet but I'm going to my first con at A-Kon
Hehe I am going to cosplay Murasakibara too ! I am only 5'7 though, but I eat plenty of candies and I am the laziest person alive, so I think it can make up for it haha !

Also I probably am going to cosplay the Teiko version, which makes me think, were do you guys buy the jerseys? I would probably make them myself, but it will cost more to buy the fabric that to just buy it already made!
Mukkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #51
Jodari

Where did you all get your jerseys from? I have been looking everywhere? Also any suggestions on getting a decent wig for Murasakibara?
Jodari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #52
Julesie

Jodari, you can probably get Atsushi's jersey pretty easily as he's a GOM member. If you're really struggling I'd reccomend taobao. I got my Ryo Sakurai outfit custom made there as you couldn't get it on any of the normal English sites.

I'm so excited for May. There's going to be a huge Kuroko no basket group with at least 20 people so far!
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #53
sheepsgobaaa
the booger

Ahhhh I've been looking for Kuroko no Basket fanssss!!
I feel like it's a little rarer to see now since there are so many series that are rising in popularity.

In either case, just ordered my Kuroko costume eheh~ I'm super short e v e;;
I'll probably cosplay as him for a few conventions in FL (Knightrokon and Metrocon?)
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #54
amayaanimenut
amayaanimenut

I will be doing Momoi eventually along with my friend who will cosplay Kuroko.

Cons I'm going to:
ShadoCon 2014 (probably)
Holiday Matsuri 2014 (yes)
Megacon 2015 (yes)
Otakon 2015 (yes)

Cosplays I'm working on:
Ciel Phantomhive 10% complete
amayaanimenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #55
Mukkun

Hehe, so i decided to make the teiko jersey for mura myself, let's see how it turns out ! And I may do Kasamatsu, since one of my friends is planning on doing Kise, and I love Kasa-senpai so much! Once again, I may try to do it myself, since I already own a jersey that is like the same as Kaijou, but without numbers or lettering, so I'll have to see how to do this. I was thinking about hand-painting (with patterns and stuff), do you guys think it would work?
Unread 05-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #56
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukkun View Post
Hehe, so i decided to make the teiko jersey for mura myself, let's see how it turns out ! And I may do Kasamatsu, since one of my friends is planning on doing Kise, and I love Kasa-senpai so much! Once again, I may try to do it myself, since I already own a jersey that is like the same as Kaijou, but without numbers or lettering, so I'll have to see how to do this. I was thinking about hand-painting (with patterns and stuff), do you guys think it would work?
Ahhhh, you love senpai too? I think we will get along wonderfully~ There can never be enough cosplays. ;w;
My heart bleeds for him and Kise...and KiKasa. (Jeesh, now I really feel like wearing his jersey version out,or at least the school uniform, since I have that too. Ahhhh~)

Anyway, as for your question. It probably is possible to handpaint it, but I would absolutely not recommend it...from my experience (first too Homestuck shirts as opposed to later ones). Fabric paint is quite viscous, and therefore pretty hard to apply evenly, and, since fabric isn't as smooth as paper, there also tend to be kind of jagged edges. If you lighten it with water, you have to paint it several times, a real pain.
What I would suggest is iron-on textile foil for dark fabrics. You either print out the design, so a four, or since it's just white, you can also simply cut it out and iron it on.
I know that this Kaijo group did that for the jersey numbers that aren't sold...so all except for 7 and 4.
In progress:
| Yuu Kashima - 90%|
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |

Last edited by LluviaSarcasm : 05-02-2014 at 04:55 PM.
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #57
Tempura Baka
Deep Fried Idiot

I feel like KnB is so popular right now but it seems like no one is actually cosplaying from it!! ^^; Hopefully I'll be doing either Midorima or Aomine for AWA and Otakon; still looking for places to buy their uniforms though
HamaCon{June 6-8, 2014}

★.:Cosplays:.★
Kneesocks(Panty&Stocking)[Outfit:100%][Shoes:100%][Hair:100%][Bodypaint:100%]
Asahina Aoi(Dangan Ronpa!)[Outfit:100%][Shoes:100%][Ponytail:100%]Future Revamp!
Alive Teaser!TOP(BigBang)[Vest:100%][Pants:100%][Wig:100%]Future Revamp!

★.:Future Plans:.★
On and On!N(VIXX)
Junkatsu!Satsuki Kiryuin(Kill la Kill)
Hanji Zoe(Attack on Titan)
Swimsuit!Asahina Aoi(Dangan Ronpa)
Tempura Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #58
oreburgh
awkward turtle

I'm considering Kuroko, Midorima, or Kise! uwu
oreburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #59
Mukkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
Ahhhh, you love senpai too? I think we will get along wonderfully~ There can never be enough cosplays. ;w;
My heart bleeds for him and Kise...and KiKasa. (Jeesh, now I really feel like wearing his jersey version out,or at least the school uniform, since I have that too. Ahhhh~)

Anyway, as for your question. It probably is possible to handpaint it, but I would absolutely not recommend it...from my experience (first too Homestuck shirts as opposed to later ones). Fabric paint is quite viscous, and therefore pretty hard to apply evenly, and, since fabric isn't as smooth as paper, there also tend to be kind of jagged edges. If you lighten it with water, you have to paint it several times, a real pain.
What I would suggest is iron-on textile foil for dark fabrics. You either print out the design, so a four, or since it's just white, you can also simply cut it out and iron it on.
I know that this Kaijo group did that for the jersey numbers that aren't sold...so all except for 7 and 4.
(sorry for the suuuuuper late reply, ive been so busy lately ;-
But ahhh Kasamatsu is actually one of my absolute fave knb charas <3

Also thanks a lot for your answer !! I think there is quite a few stores that sell the special paper thing to print the design so I'll definitely take a look and do this, since ironing really seems like an easier solution, I can't believe I didn't think about it !
Thanks for the link, it looks really neat ! Yeah, I'm really confident I can do this, I will be senpai 8-)
Unread 06-27-2014, 12:48 AM   #60
Rynsi
not a furry

I'm planning on closet-cosplaying Momoi and I was curious about your guys' opinions about her skirt color. It looks like some people make it black while others choose to go with dark blue. I personally like the dark blue but I think that it would be more difficult to find matching socks. Plus it seems like black is canon but it's a bit difficult to tell? Thanks for your thoughts

edit: looks more dark blue here?

Conventions:
Anime Expo '14-- Fight Club!Mako (maybe), Female!Mario, Satsuki Momoi
Fanime '15-- Possibly going

Last edited by Rynsi : 06-27-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Rynsi is offline   Reply With Quote