Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 08-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Cyx3withlove

Commission Review: CosplayandWig.com

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay and Wig
Website/C.com gallery: Cosplayandwig.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Gumi Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9054045.htm
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 3 days
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: *deep breath* I just started cosplaying so I was cautious about ordering a wig online, especially since most, if not all, come from China, so I searched and searched and found this website. The wig I wanted was perfect for my Gumi cosplay so I ordered it and it took three days to process, but they never gave me a tracking number, despite their website saying they provide tracking numbers with everything they ship. I emailed them about it and they provided me with a tracking number. They shipped it on June 20th and I got it on the 28th so I was grateful for the fast (and free!) shipping. I opened up the package and it wasnít the wig I paid for. It was a completely different wig. It was Gumiís wig from Camellia, and this wasnít even a wig that was on their website. I emailed them about the mistake (even sent pictures) and they said since it was their mistake that they would send the right wig within a week, with tracking. A week passes and I decided to give them a day or two, but I never got the tracking number, so I emailed them again and they told me they would give me a number within two days. Two days pass and still no number. Email again and FINALLY they gave me a number on July 23rd. Turns out that they JUST shipped it that day. I was pissed but I let it go because I thought I was getting the right wig. It came and (of course) for a second time, they sent me the wrong wig. They sent me this one:

http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9102150.htm
I emailed them again (included pictures AGAIN) and told them about it. I was getting nervous because Iím going to a convention at the end of September and I need the right wig. Until this day, they have yet to reply and I checked with Paypal two days ago and found out that I couldnít get a refund because it has been 47 days since the transaction. I think they were biding their time until the deadline passed and I admit, I should have been more careful. Not only did I lose my money, Iím stuck with two wigs I didnít even order.

The wigs themselves look decent. They started to shed a bit, but I heard that thatís normal. I also wished the packaging was more secure. It was just a taped-up envelope with the string around two circle things and a little another string around it.

Pros: Fast shipping, free shipping, low prices
Cons: Needed to be reminded (email) to ship item and provide tracking number, non-responsive after refund deadline passes, packaging

Comments: I honestly wouldn't order from them again. If you do and get the wrong wig (like I did) email them and demand a refund ASAP!

Final Grade: C-/ D+
Cyx3withlove is offline   Reply With Quote