Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 08-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
strangekid901

Unhappy Ghoulia Yelps For Grownups?!

Okay so I'm going to Ohayo-Con this year and I just found out that the theme is...
Zombies!
Since I LOVE Monster High, and my favorite character is Ghoulia, the super smart zombie, I decided to cosplay as her!
Now here's where the problem kicks in:
I was hoping to buy a costume and just wear that to the Con, but all I can find is costumes for kids!!
So if anyone knows where I can find a Ghoulia Yelps costume for adults, or know how I can recreate the look, it would be much appreciated!!

Unread 08-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Monster High characters wear a lot of individual items, so my first instinct is to list all of her clothes and accessories. She wears red jeans, a striped off the shoulder tee, and a camisole. You may be able to find these items, and simply add the details with fabric paint. She also wears knee high sneakers, a belt, white glasses, green headband, and fishnet arm warmers. If you can make or find these, she also wears earrings and a necklace.

Arda has a mixed blue wig that would work for her (Candy Striper in Blue Danube). It's not perfect, but takes the work out of adding wefts to a base wig (option 2). She wears matching red lipstick and nail polish, with maroon eye shadow. Her skin is pale grey.
Tackle each item as you can. I would get the main items done, and if you have time, gather/make the smaller details.

If you need any help, please visit the Monster High thread in the cartoons forum. Good luck!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote