Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 08-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
FlamesRage

Question I Need Help Please

i wanna make axels cloak & chakrams but i need a patteren and need detailed instructions step by step i was gonna have custom made metal chakrams but to expensive. i really need help i would appreciate it if i could get some advice no youtube plz i can't do it with videos no good at multi tasking so if anyone has advice please let me know. cuz this is really stressing me out grrr. but i would like to have detailed insrtuctions to making the chakrams can anyone help me please . i would ask for a commission but i am kinda broke. if anyone could help me get patterens or anything i would be very greatful ^_^ thankyou to all who look at this and leave a post
FlamesRage is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
Midnight Dawn

You're actually in luck for axel's chakrams.

If you're willing to spend about $3 for a stack of cardstock, about $10 for resin, and about $10-$20 for fiberglass sheets then this is quite doable.

If you've ever heard of it, there exists a program called pepakura which breaks down 3-dimensional renderings into pieces that you can glue together. Someone was kind enough to post a pdo for his chakram in the gallery. So all you have to is download the pepakura program, print out all the pieces, stick them together, coat it (resin on the outside, fiberglass sheet on the inside), then paint it to which you're all down. It's just a matter if you're patient enough to do this as it's one of the most precise ways of creating props.

But for the cloak, that's something you can post in the other thread under the sub-category of sewing as you can't miss it on the main forum page. There I'm pretty sure they can help you better with the cloak.

Well I hope this helped.
Midnight Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote