Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
MagicianCelemis

Cool Professor Layton Gathering: AX 2013

Professor Layton Gathering: AX 2013
July 4 – 7

Welcome to the first organized Professor Layton Gathering!
I was so inspired from seeing so many Layton cosplays during AX 2012, this game series deserves a proper cosplay gathering!!—Especially with the “Miracle Mask” coming out!

I may include Cross-overs, like inviting Phoenix Wright cosplayers to the gathering!
To Phoenix Wright cosplayers: YOU ARE INVITED TO LAYTON’S PARTY! ^w^

Bear with me, this is my first time organizing a gathering!--but I am confident in my abilities!

Hosting the Gathering: MagicianCelemis

HELPERS: (Tentative – not sure how big this gathering is gonna be)

MAP: http://www.kupoknights.com/fantasydo...ring_Sites.jpg

DAY: Day 2 - Friday, July 5

TIME: 2:30 PM

Schedule:
1) EARLY BIRD Call Time - 2:00 PM
2) Individuals
3) Groups [order by game series]
4) Pairings [MAY include Yaoi, if audience is generally yaoi-based – skip down to
5) Yaoi Shots [pairings/ shippings / OTP]
6) ENTIRE Group photo

AFTER THE GATHERING, WE WILL BE DOING OTHER ACTIVITIES, SUCH AS:
  • Harlem Shake Dance - Professor Layton Style (OFFICIAL)
  • PSY Gangnam Style Dance (pending?)
  • PSY Gentleman Dance (pending?)
  • Private photoshoot [Eternal Diva, Last Specter, Professor Layton cosplay cast]

THE YAOI POLICY (Activated during Yaoi Shots):
PLEASE ASK before you do anything! With the cosplayer’s consent, tactfully strike a yaoi pose that’s generally appropriate and “stable” to pose. (You can fall over on the cosplayer on accident!) Some suggestions:
1) “Kiss” = face your person, step closer, and cover their face [with prop or hand]
2) “Love pose” = ask to lift person’s leg onto your leg, tell person to pose as a “damsel in LOVE” [hand flopped over forehead]

Creativity is appreciated! (Posing and pairing-wise)
We will have a checklist of pairings, you can add your own pairing when the time comes!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

TOTAL: approx. 23 people
(Usernames are from deviantART and/or tumblr, labeled respectively with colors)

Non-cosplayers/attendees: XbluekittycatX's 5 friends, 0-MidnightBioshock-0

Last updated: 5/31/2013

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Professor Layton: neoPootling's boyfriend, chickionade, sarahalexis13, asa-turney [PENDING]

Luke Triton: MagicianCelemis's sister, neoPootling, spiderettes, chickionade's sister, belligerency

Flora Reinhold:

Clive Dove / Future Luke / Legal Luke: ohkin

Emmy / Remi Altava: maxxspin, corink, NimaruHinodashi [PENDING]

Jean Descole: MagicianCelemis

CURIOUS VILLAGE

Granny Riddleton:
Ramon:

DIABOLICAL BOX

Anton Herzen:
Katia:
Sophia Herzen:

UNWOUND FUTURE

Claire Folly / Celeste: mexicanstallion
Dimitri Allen:
Puzzlette:

LAST SPECTER

Clark Triton:
Arianna Barde:
Crow: YamiRyuu-chan
Loosha:

ETERNAL DIVA (movie)

Janice Quatlane: nevilleswaltz

MIRACLE MASK

Masked Gentleman:
Randall Ascot: XbluekittycatX
Angela Ledore:
Henry Ledore:

Last edited by MagicianCelemis : 05-31-2013 at 08:37 PM.
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
MagicianCelemis

Hey guys, you can contact me via tumblr or deviantART.com!
--That way, I can register you on the cosplay list! Thanks alot, much appreciated!

deviantART.com
http://magiciancelemis.deviantart.co...DATE-319688939

tumblr.com
http://magiciancelemis.tumblr.com/po...nime-expo-2013
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
MagicianCelemis

Exclamation

:: UPDATE as of 4/19/2013 ::

Most of the active attendees going to this gathering are at deviantART.com!

Please check out the official gathering details on my journal entry:
http://magiciancelemis.deviantart.co...ring-334255591

We currently have approx. 21 people attending. For those attending the gathering - If you have a Cosplay.com account AND are from deviantART, PLEASE please please "bump" this forum with your own comment! I greatly appreciate the support!!
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
MagicianCelemis

BUMP!!

For those attending the gathering - If you have a Cosplay.com account AND are from deviantART, PLEASE please please "bump" this forum with your own comment! I greatly appreciate the support!!

Most of the info is on deviantART[/b], check it out on my journal: http://magiciancelemis.deviantart.co...ring-334255591
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
Skalidra
AX Bleach Gathering Host

Hi! I'm working with Resident-chick on the Unofficial Gathering List, and I noticed that your thread says you're for 2:30, while the UGL says you are still deciding between 1:00pm to 2:30pm. Would you mind confirming for me what time you're planning?

Also, since we're fast approaching AX I'm swinging by to let you know that given the large amount of gatherings, and potential scheduling conflicts, we're asking that if your time and area are absolutely decided to please come by and confirm it for us. The first gathering to confirm for a time and area will get rights to that spot, in case anyone else tries to schedule the same thing.

So if you're sure about your time and area, stop by (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=313579) and let us know!
(Bleach) Hinamori Momo: Done!
(Code Geass) C.C.: Done! I'll be debuting it at AX13!
(Death Note) Naomi Misora: Done! (Not exactly hard though)
(Soul Eater) Liz Thompson: 80% done, still need the damn hat.
(MTG) Liliana Vess: Gathering materials and creating a rough draft, wish me luck to get it done by AX13

Last edited by Skalidra : 05-09-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Skalidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
MagicianCelemis

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalidra View Post
Hi! I'm working with Resident-chick on the Unofficial Gathering List, and I noticed that your thread says you're for 2:30, while the UGL says you are still deciding between 1:00pm to 2:30pm. Would you mind confirming for me what time you're planning?

Also, since we're fast approaching AX I'm swinging by to let you know that given the large amount of gatherings, and potential scheduling conflicts, we're asking that if your time and area are absolutely decided to please come by and confirm it for us. The first gathering to confirm for a time and area will get rights to that spot, in case anyone else tries to schedule the same thing.

So if you're sure about your time and area, stop by (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=313579) and let us know!
Thanks for stopping! I've seen your work on the gathering list, and I'd love to check up with you at this time!

I would like to verify our area: the gathering will be held at West Hall.
The only fear I have is that the gatherings near/outside the West Hall may force me to push my gathering further inside the West Hall, perhaps to the outside concourse of the West Hall or in the West Hall foyer (Location 6), as I have planned other activities for this gathering (Harlem Shake, private photoshoots)

As for the time, I may need to speak with my attendees for that.
Because I added other activities planned for this gathering, I may need to push back the time from 2:30PM to 1:00PM...2:30PM may be used interchangeably as the start time or the end time for the gathering (I'm not certain if I will be using that time)--However, I still need notify my attendees about these changes if I were to make any. I hope to verify with you about the time at the end of this month, after I finish up school.

Again, thanks for stopping by to verify our area and time!

Last edited by MagicianCelemis : 05-16-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #7
neoPootling
*regular doer of good*

greetings! boyfriend and I will be there as (curious v.) Layton & Luke respectively
=)
and I'll go ahead & check out the devart page too ^^
neoPootling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
MagicianCelemis

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoPootling View Post
greetings! boyfriend and I will be there as (curious v.) Layton & Luke respectively
=)
and I'll go ahead & check out the devart page too ^^
Coolz! Thanks a lot! Can't wait to see both of you there!

(Bumping it up~)
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
Tempani

Hi!

I am sorry for posting this late as I just now found out about this fourm. My husband and I are cosplaying as Pheonix Wright and Franziska Von karma, and we are highly interested in joining this gathering since you are inviting cross overs. (BTW, even though it's not happening soon or at all, I am still looking foward to the cross over) Is it ok to still join?
Tempani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
MagicianCelemis

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempani View Post
Hi!

I am sorry for posting this late as I just now found out about this fourm. My husband and I are cosplaying as Pheonix Wright and Franziska Von karma, and we are highly interested in joining this gathering since you are inviting cross overs. (BTW, even though it's not happening soon or at all, I am still looking foward to the cross over) Is it ok to still join?
Oh my goodness, thank you so much for visiting this forum! Please, I commend you to come to the Professor Layton gathering in your Ace Attorney cosplays! I truly appreciate your Phoenix coming over to crash the party--luckily we have a Professor Layton coming over (he's also a male!!)

I'll definitely make a special group shot with you guys for the gathering!!
Unread 06-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
Tempani

Sweet! I told my husband and he's excited. See you then!
Tempani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #12
MagicianCelemis

Exclamation Updates On Facebook (+bump)

The gathering details are now on Facebook! Please spread the word!

https://www.facebook.com/events/150836721774113/

In addition to this gathering, I’ll also be hosting other activities—making dance videos, Layton-style! 8D Here’s what’s in store:

- Harlem Shake (officially planned)
- PSY’s Gentleman (pending)
- PSY Gangnam Style (pending)

(I also plan to make a Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney crossover versions of the above videos, as I have a Phoenix Wright cosplayer lined up for the gathering!)

This means I need lots of Professor Layton fans to make this happen! Again, please spread the word!
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
MagicianCelemis

Exclamation Gathering Location Ideas and Concerns

Hey everybody! Due to time constraints and other gatherings surrounding/occupying the main areas in the West Hall, I got 2 options for the potential yet minor "relocation" of our gathering:

Location #1 is a large niche between the West Hall entrance and the West Hall foyer (which you can barely see at the corner, a sliver of its opening)--In other words, it's a big corner that opens up to the West Hall. I originally chose this location because 1) it's an open space for a "fairly" small gathering and 2) it's a great clearing to attract pass-byers, exposing them to our little gathering! (and allowing more convention floor time for the PL cosplayers in debuting their cosplay)

Location#1:http://media.tumblr.com/7dc0be9b3aff...aT41qz4rgp.png

Location #2 is the standard meeting area in West Hall, it's a bit smaller than Location #1 and much more hidden. I'm only considering this area if it's open by 2:30PM, because I know other gatherings are planning to use that area also. Much of its features also applies from Location #1, so yeah.

Location#2: http://media.tumblr.com/1d061db77f78...wB41qz4rgp.png

My only concerns are with Location #1, because 1) If we occupy the open space, an official or even the Fire Marshal might call on us and force us down the West Hall, and 2) people may be lounging there and I don't want to be too rude to move on them, despite it being a fire hazard just by lounging there in the first place. You can tell already in the picture there are some people lounging there already.

[Sorry about the links, I couldn't figure out how to insert actual photos.]

What do you guys think?
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
MagicianCelemis

Professor Layton Gathering AX 2013: SUCCESS!

The gathering was a success!
I found myself surrounded by fabulous Layton cosplayers, not to mention some Ace Attorney cosplayers that made the gathering more merrier!

We eventually hosted the gathering at the open area of West Hall, at the green-carpeted area. The corner of the West Hall Foyer was occupied by a "drawing wall" that people would draw on. Ironically, there were some small Layton drawings on there, and I eventually added my own drawing up there later one after the gathering.

Anyways, I was a little shaky starting the gathering, as we waited after 2:30PM for more Layton cosplayers to arrive. There would be times when people looked at me with a blank face, as if they didn't hear me, but I pressed my authority on them to move forward with the gathering. (Heheh, I was cosplaying Descole--what a way to conduct a gathering!!) It smoothed out a bit once my sister helped me motion the cosplayers to their places, to pose and what-not. The only problem we had was there was more cosplayers than actual attendees, so it was hard taking a full group shot with so few attendees.

Here's the order of shoots we did for the gathering:

GROUPS
- Professor Layton Trio group (Layton, Luke, Emmy)
- Ace Attorney group
- Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney
- Professor Layton Ladies [girl characters]
- Professor Layton Gentlemen [boy characters]
- Ladies VS Gentleman [girls VS boys]

INDIVIDUALS
- Professor Layton
- Luke Triton
- Emmy Altava

GROUPS: Game Titles
- Curious Village
- Unwound Future
- Last Specter (FRICK I FORGOT TO GET IN THERE AS DESCOLE //FAIL)
- Eternal Diva

PAIRINGS
- Professor Layton x Jean Descole
- Professor Layton x Luke Triton

LAST PHOTO: Group cosplay shot (Professor Layton AND Ace Attorney)

TOTAL # OF PHOTOS: 16

We didn't get to do "other" pairings, as time was running out (it seemed), but next time I'll try to host the gathering earlier next time.

BTW, If you took photos of the gathering, please provide the links here! I want to make a masterlist of all the photos for the gathering for tumblr, deviantART and maybe even Facebook!

Thank you everybody for attending the very first Professor Layton gathering at Anime Expo 2013! See you next year at Anime Expo 2014!!
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #15
neoPootling
*regular doer of good*

thanks for good times MagicianCelemis and all who participated!
my pics of the gathering are within my album
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/neoP...%20Expo%202013
neoPootling is offline   Reply With Quote