Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 11-11-2002, 01:12 AM   #1
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

Sakura Con 2003 anyone going?

hi I was wondering if anyone is gonna be going to sakura con 2003. I've never been myself and am contemplating going, but I wanna know what have the past years been like. And I wanna know how likely Mitsutaka Iguchi & Hiroki Hayashi will be guests for 2003. I know Hiroki Hayashi was supposed to be there last year but had to cancel due to work conflicts, but are either or one of them a repeat guest and will most likely come back year after year like steve bennet for example.

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-12-2002, 04:02 AM   #2
isaacada1

hi I was wondering if anyone is gonna be going to sakura con 2003.

I'll be there in spring 2003.

>I've never been myself and am contemplating going, but I wanna know what have the past years been like.

Check out the reviews of past years cons at fansview.com or usagichan.com

Besides pics, what do you wish to know?

>And I wanna know how likely Mitsutaka Iguchi & Hiroki Hayashi will be guests for 2003.

Very unlikely. Both have heavy work schedules.

>I know Hiroki Hayashi was supposed to be there last year but had to cancel due to work conflicts, but are either or one of them a repeat guest and will most likely come back year after year like steve bennet for example.

We would love to have them back, but I don't know if their workload will be too much for them to take off time to come.

Sincerely

Isaac Alexander
Sakura-Con 2003
Corporate Liaison
isaacada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2002, 11:34 AM   #3
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

awww! I really wanted to meet them considering I love mahou yuugi and made me a padudu costume ^_^; Have you extended an invitation to them to come and you're just waiting on hearing back from them? ^_^; Hopefully they'll be able to come!

back to wanting to know about sakura con: is there a lot of things to do such as pannels and new anime showing? I looked at usagichan.com and fansview.com but both of them only covered a day because fanime was going on at the same time so I only got to see a little bit of how sakura con is like. I'd be coming from california and the trip looks like it'd cost $600 to go, I just want to know if it'll be worth every penny! ^_^ What kinds of events does sakura con have going on during the convention?
Oh and I saw how you guys had ddr and para para with free play. Were the lines incredibly insaine? and were the machines set up for only 1 song so that way more people can play? I ask cause i love playing ddr but I just hate having to waste hours just waiting for a turn to play (don't we all hehehe )

Miaka no Baka
Unread 11-18-2002, 04:14 AM   #4
isaacada1

Post Sakura-Con 2003

>awww! I really wanted to meet them considering I love mahou yuugi and made me a padudu costume ^_^; Have you extended an invitation to them to come and you're just waiting on hearing back from them? ^_^; Hopefully they'll be able to come!

They will probably not be at Sakura-Con in 2003. However, beyond then, who knows.

>back to wanting to know about sakura con: is there a lot of things to do such as pannels and new anime showing?

Plenty to do. Art show, video rooms, anime in your hotel room(4 channels), karaoke, dance, panels, workshops, artist alley, etc....

>I looked at usagichan.com and fansview.com but both of them only covered a day because fanime was going on at the same time so I only got to see a little bit of how sakura con is like.

Check out their reviews of 2001 when both were there for three days. Both of them covered quite a bit for only being there one day.

>I'd be coming from california and the trip looks like it'd cost $600 to go, I just want to know if it'll be worth every penny! ^_^ What kinds of events does sakura con have going on during the convention?

All the events you'd expect from an anime convention.

>Oh and I saw how you guys had ddr and para para with free play. Were the lines incredibly insaine?

Depends when you wished to play them. Usually it wasn't a long wait.

>and were the machines set up for only 1 song so that way more people can play?

Nope. Many choices.

>I ask cause i love playing ddr but I just hate having to waste hours just waiting for a turn to play (don't we all hehehe )

Same.

Sincerely

Isaac Alexander
isaacada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2002, 10:35 AM   #5
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

well what I meant about 1 song is you could play only one song but u could choose from every song that was either unlocked or on the game. ^_^; so you could play the whole 3 or 4 songs per turn then?

Miaka no Baka