Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 09-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Question III wig help

I've done some wig searching online (like searched the popular wig brands); and so far the wig that stands out for Mihael's (or III from Yugioh Zexal) hair is the Wisp wig in Dark Pink from here on cosplay.com (I have bought from here before, so im ok with buying from here again :]).
Could I buy the Wisp in Dark Pink and buy wefts in Dark Brown and sew them on so that my wig looks like his hair?

His hair style:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...I_en_duelo.jpg

And his color color:
http://images.wikia.com/yugioh2/de/i.../ZeXal-III.jpg

dA tumblr livejournal
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Dark Pink is a perfect color for that - I might also suggest going with Warm Brown for the extension though, the Dark Brown color is rather dark (unless that's what you're going for). Also, the extensions have clips on top to make it even easier to put together.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Dark Pink is a perfect color for that - I might also suggest going with Warm Brown for the extension though, the Dark Brown color is rather dark (unless that's what you're going for). Also, the extensions have clips on top to make it even easier to put together.
To me it kinda looks more like Dark or Medium Brown but I guess in the end it's up to me. So basically it'd be me buying the Wisp wig and the wefts in Brown and because they have clips I can just clip them on to my wig where they need to be ? Technically for my wig the wefts would need to be placed almost at the top because they look kind of long and my wig needs to have a two-tone color style look to it (in this case half pink half brown).
But thanks for the info!

dA tumblr livejournal
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeochan View Post
because they have clips I can just clip them on to my wig where they need to be ? Technically for my wig the wefts would need to be placed almost at the top because they look kind of long and my wig needs to have a two-tone color style look to it (in this case half pink half brown).
But thanks for the info!
Yep, it shows a closeup of the clips on the item's page in the store:
http://shop.cosplay.com/weft-extension-60.html

They're 2 feet long, so you could clip them in and then just trim the weft hair down to the desired length. You probably wouldn't need a whole one either, so you'd have some room for experimentation with just one extension.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Yep, it shows a closeup of the clips on the item's page in the store:
http://shop.cosplay.com/weft-extension-60.html

They're 2 feet long, so you could clip them in and then just trim the weft hair down to the desired length. You probably wouldn't need a whole one either, so you'd have some room for experimentation with just one extension.
Oh ok that's good to know.
Thank you!

dA tumblr livejournal