Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Unread 08-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #1
Inuki1

Angry Crimson Head Cosplay

My upcoming convention is the same weekend as my local Zombie Walk. At first I almost didn't bother with the convention because the Zombie Walk is on the Saturday (intersecting one of the best days of the con) which would hardly make paying full price worth it... But I managed to get a cheaper price on a pass, so I can now attend both.

Due to the Anime Convention / Zombie Walk cross-over I wanted to pick a character that would be both recognizable from a video game or anime and that properly fits in as a zombie with some visible gore. I settled on Crimson Head zombie from Resident Evil. I do the zombie walk every year and have become pretty proficient with Zombie Makeups, although there are a couple things I could use some pointers with.

First off, this is the outfit I am planning to replicate: Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3.

I was really surprised when I search through this site to find no one had cosplayed Crimson Head before... When I ran a search on the web, this was the only image that came up: Crimson Head. However, I think I can make a more accurate effort.

I have two questions pertaining to this outfit,

1) The outfit in question appears to have bare feet. How can I pull off an appearance of bare feet without actually having bare feet? I was wondering if there was some way to cut the sole of a sandal off and somehow attach it to the bottom of my foot? The Zombie Walk is at least 30+ blocks and the convention centre requires some form of footwear for entry if I recall correctly.

2) Claws... How do I go about finding/making some kind of prosthetic claw / claw appliance? Anyone have a tutorial or info please?

I have about 1 week to get this and 2 other outfits done for the con. XD

But I bought the blazer today so I plan to start working on it (the tear on the left arm with exposed flesh is the most important part from the look of it), and will go shopping for the pants shortly.
Inuki1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
Inuki1

LOL Well nobody replied to this thread, but I managed to pull my Crimson Head cosplay off with quite a good success for it's first run.

I am gradually putting up pics on the costume page here.

This time round I literally made claws/fingers the day of using newspaper and makeup. It was a bad idea because I would be applying each claw to my finger and it got sloppier and sloppier as I ran out of fingers to use to make more claws out of... Also, my hands were rendered largely unuseable the whole day... so I really need to construct new claws as hands that I can essentially take off and put on as a single piece.

For anyone who does visit here, more pics will come gradually over time.
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
starnes82

wow, that looks awesome man. my local zombie walk is friday.
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #4
Inuki1

Thanks :3 Have fun! Zombie Walks are one of my favourite things to do every year. They can be as much fun as cons!
Unread 11-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
Ithlia
Row row fight the powa

That looks really fantastic!

For the claws, may I suggest making a paper mache (or however it is spelled! lol) mold, fitted to your fingers. Then, coat it with Bondo and Mod Podge to keep it durable. Then you can slide them off and on, maybe even keep them attached with spirit gum or some kind of body glue. Or, look up a guide for making Witch claws (from Left 4 Dead) and alter it.

As for the footless thing...in case you didn't figure something out, you could just get a pair of flip-flops, paint them read to somewhat match you, then get clear straps and use them instead of the normal strap things that flip flops have.

Your cosplay is really phenomenal though D: good job!

Cosplay Plans:
-Mako (Kill la Kill)
-Popstar Ahri (League of Legends)
-Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 5)
-Poison (Final Fight)

My Facebook Page:Facebook.com/IthliaOfficial
My DeviantArt:DeviantArt
My Tumblr:Tumblr
Ithlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #6
starnes82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuki1 View Post
Thanks :3 Have fun! Zombie Walks are one of my favourite things to do every year. They can be as much fun as cons!
i love going to them, it gives me a reason to break out my resident evil costumes. i like to try to find a big one to go to with a few thousand people, now that would be awesome. lol
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote