Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
lulu.doll

Ada Wong weaponry

Hi! Im not too big a fan of the RE series so my knowledge is limited. My friend is going to be cosplaying as Ada and she knows even less about the series.
My question is, what weapon is Ada known most for?
i thought it was the cross bow but when i see clips of Ada, she also has a hookshot thing? Its not a weapon but which is more recognizable for her?
Thank you!
lulu.doll is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Ithlia
Row row fight the powa

Not to be mean but...why cosplay as a character from a series you aren't familiar with? People at cons will probably call you out for it and be rude to you, just as a warning.

However, I would definitely suggest playing the games and researching the series if you are going to cosplay from it. You won't be in-character at all for photos and will have a difficult time picking correct poses. It is also a fantastic series and the games are highly enjoyable ^_^

Ada Wong does have a crossbow in Resident Evil 6, I forget about the other games. Her grappling gun is not a weapon, but rather she uses it to get to certain places and to avoid enemies. She also uses an smg, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, etc...

Cosplay Plans:
-Mako (Kill la Kill)
-Popstar Ahri (League of Legends)
-Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 5)
-Poison (Final Fight)

My Facebook Page:Facebook.com/IthliaOfficial
My DeviantArt:DeviantArt
My Tumblr:Tumblr
Ithlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Kayobreaker
Registered Zombie Killer

pretty much any weapon you can use for her the beauty of res evil lol but it also depends on which ada from which game.
Fanime 2011
Anime Expo 2011

Future Cosplays:
Tidus-FFX
The Executioner -ACB
Ermac - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mandolorian - Star Wars
Kayobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
lulu.doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithlia View Post
Not to be mean but...why cosplay as a character from a series you aren't familiar with? People at cons will probably call you out for it and be rude to you, just as a warning.

However, I would definitely suggest playing the games and researching the series if you are going to cosplay from it. You won't be in-character at all for photos and will have a difficult time picking correct poses. It is also a fantastic series and the games are highly enjoyable ^_^
\
I said I'm not too big of a fan, like it's not in my top ten but I'm still a fan and I do play the games.
When I say my knowledge is limited, I mean to the origins such as the early games; I played 1, 2, and 4? or was it 3? I can't remember them too much since they all came out when I was very young. So young, that they terrified me and I don't think I went too far with them.
I have 5 and 6, finished 5, no time for 6 but I'm half way done with it. But my knowledge is mostly focused on 5 and 6.
It's my fault for not elaborating specifically on the extent of how familiar I'm with the game but I'm still offended that you would assume that I would have to be a huge fan of something just to cosplay from it. I really like the character I want to cosplay as (Sherry) and my friend really likes the character Ada. Why should we like the series itself and be big fans of it just to cosplay from it?
lulu.doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Ithlia
Row row fight the powa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu.doll View Post
I said I'm not too big of a fan, like it's not in my top ten but I'm still a fan and I do play the games.
When I say my knowledge is limited, I mean to the origins such as the early games; I played 1, 2, and 4? or was it 3? I can't remember them too much since they all came out when I was very young. So young, that they terrified me and I don't think I went too far with them.
I have 5 and 6, finished 5, no time for 6 but I'm half way done with it. But my knowledge is mostly focused on 5 and 6.
It's my fault for not elaborating specifically on the extent of how familiar I'm with the game but I'm still offended that you would assume that I would have to be a huge fan of something just to cosplay from it. I really like the character I want to cosplay as (Sherry) and my friend really likes the character Ada. Why should we like the series itself and be big fans of it just to cosplay from it?
Oh no, I didn't mean any offense by it, I'm sorry you took it that way. I just wanted to warn you that some people are super crazy about that stuff x_x like if you don't know a lot about the series, they get butthurt for some reason. I just got confused when you said you weren't a big fan of it, so I wasn't sure if you didn't like it, or if you just only kind of liked it. I didn't mean that you HAVE to be a huge fan of it, but I would only recommend just reading a little bit up on it in case people start talking about it and expect you to know everything. Though, I do think it is important to at least like the series a little bit to cosplay from it, otherwise it seems a little pointless when it comes to interacting with fans of your cosplay, who are in turn probably fans of the series.

Cosplay Plans:
-Mako (Kill la Kill)
-Popstar Ahri (League of Legends)
-Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 5)
-Poison (Final Fight)

My Facebook Page:Facebook.com/IthliaOfficial
My DeviantArt:DeviantArt
My Tumblr:Tumblr
Ithlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
icemanx62

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=...901400#gallery
icemanx62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
KamiKazeKage
Thou Shall not... I Shall

It's true though, the beauty of RE is that the exact weapon a character is known for isn't always necessary. I mean RE5 Jill - dual Scorpions, RE4 HUNK - TMP, Wesker in general - Samurai Edge. but other than those, any gun really suits the characters. People like to get the iconic guns, cuz it looks good. especially when you get an RE5 Chris with a gatling gun, or RE4 Leon with a PRL. But the same Characters with Random Berettas will look just fine.

Ada really is your classic "femme-fatale" so smaller sized hand guns, maybe even with lazer sights under the barrel will look good. if youre up to it, a sniper rifle of some sort or the cross bow is also cool.
FRI: ??????
SAT: ??????
SUN: ????

Check out my cosplay and other works, on Facebook!
Facebook.com/mysterdote
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
Midnight Dawn

Any beretta model gun would be fine in her case. But I believe her grapple gun is the one I think you should go with.

Hope this helped.
Midnight Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #9
starnes82

i found a photo of the hookshot weapon(movie version) that she uses. maybe that'll help. but yeah, if your friend doesn't want to carry a bulky crossbow around during the con. you can find a cheap airsoft pistol.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...etribution.png
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote