Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Akune-chan

Action-Like Areas in NYC?

(man, I am horrible at coming up with titles)

Hallo guys !

I am looking for a few places that would be good for action like shots for animes like Naruto, Black Butler and Yugioh in the NYC area.

I know Jacob Javits might be a good place for a Yugioh Photoshoot but I am unsure about the others.
Central Park is a bit too crowded for my taste (I am kind of shy when going out in cosplay when its not for a convention or Japan Day, 'specially in my Orochimaru cosplay then there are those people that just stare...) so I was wondering if any one knows about any places that would provide a nice background for Naruto, Black Butler, or Yugioh (that are not really that crowded).

Thank you for all of your help!

I would be willing to travel upstate maybe, but I would only do that if it is absolutely necessary.
And if anyone knows about any places that would let people up on roofs or something would be nice too.

Any ideas?

Unread 02-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
hikaru2322

If you're looking for a place in the city, most of the time, you might just have to walk around to find something.

There ARE some days in Central Park/some areas that aren't too crowded.

It all just depends on what day it is and where/how long you're willing to walk around.
hikaru2322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
likewarmtea
:)

Like hikaru2322 said, you can probably just walk around & find great places.
If Central Park isn't your thing than you can always go to Prospect Park. There are some really nice places there for photoshoots, and they're usually not crowded.
The botanical garden has some nice places too, especially during sakura season, so you could probably go there during Sakura Matsuri~
likewarmtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaru2322 View Post
If you're looking for a place in the city, most of the time, you might just have to walk around to find something.

There ARE some days in Central Park/some areas that aren't too crowded.

It all just depends on what day it is and where/how long you're willing to walk around.
But where/what streets should I be walking around in? I don't mind walking around in cosplay when I am with a group of people but I really don't want people to start thinking that I am strange or whatever if I am walking about in front of a church with a large buttbow hitting everyone (unwillingly, of course) xD;

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewarmtea View Post
Like hikaru2322 said, you can probably just walk around & find great places.
If Central Park isn't your thing than you can always go to Prospect Park. There are some really nice places there for photoshoots, and they're usually not crowded.
The botanical garden has some nice places too, especially during sakura season, so you could probably go there during Sakura Matsuri~
OO! I'll check out Prospect Park and see who would like to join me to go there. I never personally been there myself so Idk.
Neither have I been to the botanical garden :0
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
Lucid_Enigma

The area and walkway around the Intrepid is a good spot for that. Perhaps some areas in South Street Seaport as well. I also find that Central Park has some great locations especially near the lakes.
2D (Stuart Pot) 100%

Lucid_Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid_Enigma View Post
The area and walkway around the Intrepid is a good spot for that. Perhaps some areas in South Street Seaport as well. I also find that Central Park has some great locations especially near the lakes.
I actually never thought about the Intrepid location! :O It sounds awesome!

And this is going to sound stupid; there are lakes in Central Park? Wtf where are they hiding??? D8
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Sampatches
Pumpkin Pants

Socrates Sculpture Park (in Astoria, take the N/Q to Broadway), Astoria Park, The Highline, Coney Island (especially around this time, it's pretty dead in the off season)

Cherry Hill is a gorgeous spot in Central Park and usually isn't that crowded. The Waldorf Astoria lobby would be nice for some Black Butler photos, not sure what their policy on pics is tho.

Fort Tryon Park in Washington Heights has some great locations as well
Hinata Saotome (Disco) - Usotsuki Lily - 5%
Kanaya Maryam (Flapper) - Homestuck - 0%
Princess Kururu - Little Princess - 0%
Kazuhi - Silver Diamond - 0%
Lolidragon - 1/2 Prince - 0%

Last edited by Sampatches : 03-15-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Sampatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampatches View Post
Socrates Sculpture Park (in Astoria, take the N/Q to Broadway), Astoria Park, The Highline, Coney Island (especially around this time, it's pretty dead in the off season)

Cherry Hill is a gorgeous spot in Central Park and usually isn't that crowded. The Waldorf Astoria lobby would be nice for some Black Butler photos, not sure what their policy on pics is tho.

Fort Tryon Park in Washington Heights has some great locations as well
Awesome! Thank you very much for the suggestions!
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
BruisedBlood
Your demon butler

i live around NYC! i could take u guys to a few awesome places :3
oAttending NYCC? come check out my thread and post there
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...07#post4620307

(\/)
( . .)
c(")(")

*Contact me on skype ID:emorawrtastic :'3
*Contact me on Facebook :3
http://www.facebook.com/#!/hayden.davatilshi

BruisedBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasoriCereal View Post
i live around NYC! i could take u guys to a few awesome places :3
That would be awesome!
Unread 03-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
BruisedBlood
Your demon butler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
That would be awesome!
then its a deal =)
oAttending NYCC? come check out my thread and post there
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...07#post4620307

(\/)
( . .)
c(")(")

*Contact me on skype ID:emorawrtastic :'3
*Contact me on Facebook :3
http://www.facebook.com/#!/hayden.davatilshi

BruisedBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
maiamaychan

well in my expirence for a black butler theme there are some awsome cathedral like theres one by 116 on the west side i forgot the ave but it is definatly in the columbia university, speaking of which that place has an old vibe feel perfect for black butler there are also the island you can vist like wards island certain area there have a forrest feel with a complete view of the water for the nartuo shoots and theres this place in china town its a ally way for yet again black butler im not a photographer but these are place i would recomend
maiamaychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiamaychan View Post
well in my expirence for a black butler theme there are some awsome cathedral like theres one by 116 on the west side i forgot the ave but it is definatly in the columbia university, speaking of which that place has an old vibe feel perfect for black butler there are also the island you can vist like wards island certain area there have a forrest feel with a complete view of the water for the nartuo shoots and theres this place in china town its a ally way for yet again black butler im not a photographer but these are place i would recomend
You would think that they would allow people to just waltz right in and take photos at Columbia? That place is just amazing ; 3 ;.

Ward's Island? I never heard of a place like that. :0

And where in China town are you talking about? ;o
Unread 05-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
maiamaychan

well there is this ally way in china town a little ways dwon from mcdonaldsum at columbia im really not sure but there has been cases wher i just waltz in and chilled at the grass if not just talk to a few students there they are kind enough to help you plus there always the court houses at the brooklyn bridge which has the black butler fell and chesy peirs has some epic spots aswell im planing to do a photoshoot there soon XD
maiamaychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #15
Akune-chan

Okay!
When you get an exact location be sure to send the address my way!