Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #16
glassbutterfly

Oh man the best con memory for me was during my first con which was Anime Expo 2009 when I got to see Moi Dix Mois! I screamed my lungs out during the entire concert. I was a bit bummed they didn't play Solitude, but it was understandable since it was during the Juka era. Damn, Seth was sooo awesome I'll never forget that concert. I wish they bring in more VK guest for future AX.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
jshields86
Ronat

My first con, I went with my family. It was at dragon con 2009 I beleive, and my mom and sister were doing the world record for Thriller. It was awsome that they could be a part of that while I got to spend some quality time with my father people watching. That will ALWAYS stay in my head as a good con experience.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
- Dr. Suess
jshields86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #18
Spazmodroid
AKA, the awesom-o 4000

getting together with my cosplay friends and joking around like we've known each other for years.
Con diet: dipping peanut butter chocolate wafers in peanut butter
Being asked to do the robot for a youtube vid while cosplaying as a robot
randomly having a 5 year girl dressed as a poliwhirl come up and hug me
Receiving a personal insult from THEM
overcoming my fear of hugging and talking to strangers
i could go on forever...
Hello, geeks. Look at your profile, now back to mine, now back at your profile, NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, your cosplays aren't mine, but if you stopped wearing cat ears and fishnets and made your own suits of armor, yours could look like mine. Where does this LINK go? Back at me. I see it, itís my facebook page filled with pics of me creating that thing you love. Look again, THE PICS ARE NOW VIRAL. Anything is possible when your costume looks like Spazmodroid's and not this.

I'm over 9000

Last edited by Spazmodroid : 08-19-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Spazmodroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #19
Rinoa07
Anemic Royalty

This past year SDCC, while cosplaying as Rogue from the X-Men, I climbed up onto a high ledge that was about two stories above a parking lot for a few photos. As I was edging myself over, so that I could climb down, someone shouts up at me, "NO, ROGUE!!! DON'T DO IT!! YOU CAN FLY!!!"

I still crack up at the thought
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
ImNotThatDrunk
Doing it Off the Rack

Not really a 'hella funny' moment, but there were a couple incidents at my last con that just - made my life complete! I could've died happy on both counts I swear!

I cosplayed as Alpha 5, and at one point during the con a guy ran up to me all out of breath and he claimed that he was looking for a group of teenagers with attitude! He must've ran a good a block to catch up with me just to say that sentence, it was great!

The next day I found bulk and skull cosplayers AND a white ranger cosplay and we all had our picture taken together! It was fantastic! Definitely memories that'll last a long while!
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
Shirayuki~Chan

I think one of the moments that made me smile was at my first con, Anime Detour '09, I was at the Code Geass photoshoot, it was a Sunday and I decided not to cosplay that day, and a Li Xingke cosplayer pulled me out of the crowed(and there was a lot of us) and did the little pinkie promise thing he did with one of the characters from Geass. I was so confused, but it made me smile! My friend later said that he "picked the most beautiful girl from the crowed" which made me scoff, but it was still a great first con memory!

Another one was from Anime Detour 2012, it was my first time entered in the AMV contest and I got in! We sat in the first row in front of the big screen- I was so happy when I saw it up there! There were so many people watching it~ I didn't win anything, but to just be entered in the main contest was great!

Cosplays:
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Weiss Schnee (White Outfit)- RWBY

Shirayuki~Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I have another one that was actually more awesome for my brother's girlfriend than me, but still cool nonetheless. At Anime Blues Con this year we entered the cosplay contest (of course I did...I love entering contests^^) and our xxxholic group ended up winning the Master Division. So as we are going up on the stage, one of the guest judges was Todd Haberkorn, who is the English voice of Watanuki from xxxholic, high fived my brother's girlfriend who was cosplaying Watanuki. It was pretty cool (I had actually met him on the elevator earlier that day when I was half in my Yuuko costume, so that was cool too).

And actually, several years back when I first wore my Byakko costume from Yami no Matsuei at A-kon, the like four people that recognized who I was cosplaying made my day. Especially since I was 1) cosplaying a character that most people don't know, and 2) even fans might miss who it is because the costume is in only like three or four pages.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #23
EpicNiss

The best con memory I have is sitting at Youma '10 opening ceremonies and they played a video with this wonderful song which I can't for the life of me remember the name of, and a young girl running through grass into a sunset...I was with my best friend and for some reason we both starting crying in happiness...yea
EpicNiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #24
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

Oh I have another one. I went to the Steampunk World's Fair in NJ this past spring for the first time ever. There was a band there called V for Villains - they sound like industrial/rock/a little punk. They had a merch table set up in the hallway and I got to talking with their costume designer who convinced my friend and me to go to the concert that night. We went and the music and atmosphere was so fun that I got up and danced the entire set. Afterward, my friend and I were heading back to our hotel, and the guitarist ran up to us to thank us for coming to the show. He had chased us through the hotel and the lobby and caught us right at the doors before we went outside. He wanted to give us hugs and say thank you for getting up to dance and support them. We hung out with them later that weekend and I made friends with the costume designer.

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Yay for this thread!
-Anime Boston 2010: My first con, and my friend and I were were dressed up as Sasami and Ryo-hik from Tenchi. This guy comes up to us in the dealer's room with his little girl and asks if she can have a picture with us because she's a huge fan of the two characters. Her expression when she saw us was sooooo cute!
-Anime Boston 2012: Dressed as Belarus from Hetalia I had a lot of fun experiences. One Russia came up from behind hugged me very tightly and then got on one knee and proposed that I make them a sandwich. Passed by two other Russias later on. One cowered, the other got up and wanted a hug from his "little sister."
-Also Anime Boston 2012: Sunday, later in the afternoon, sat on some benches where some people were playing quiet music on their computer. We started singing What's Up by 4 Non Blondes. Some staff heard us and came out and started singing with us.
-Otakon 2012: Doing an impromptu photoshoot with my friend as Ponyo and me as Seychelles and then having a woman come over, squealing over Ponyo. She hugged my friend and actually LIFTED her up. My friend was so amazed and thrilled. I think that woman made her day.
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #26
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

At Anime USA last year I cosplayed Charden Flamberg from Black Cat. The actress who played Charden's partner in crime was a guest that year so I got to meet her in my Charden cosplay. She recognized it right away, gave me a hug and told me she'd never seen a Charden cosplayer before. I was over the moon with joy.

And at Katsucon this year, I got a picture with a guy dressed as Isaak from Trinity Blood. Isaak is my favorite character, and apparently I was the first person all day who hadn't called him Alucard. Then he turned out to be one of the only 3 people at the con to actually know what I was supposed to be (Jizabel Disraeli from Godchild.)

Also at that Katsucon, I got to meet one of my friends from here! My group went to go check on our friend who was stuck in the registration line. While we were in there, I saw a cosplayer further back in the line that I thought I recognized, so i went up and talked to her, and I was right! It was StarsCASSiOPEiA! When I introduced myself, she gave me this gigantic back-breaking hug that had my friend afraid she was going to snap me in two, but it was awesome!

and the Pandora Hearts photoshoot at this past otakon was a ton of fun. I was running the shoot as Break, and since my friends who had my camera were late getting back, a bunch of the shoot participants randomly decided to tickle me. I was laughing so hard by the time my friends showed up.

Another good memory from Otakon was when I got to meet LittleKuriboh. I told him that I was going to be cosplaying Pegasus next year because the abridged series got me into the fandom and he said I was really cool for doing that, and it was something he hoped to see. Over the moon with joy pt. 2.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 08-20-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #27
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Also at that Katsucon, I got to meet one of my friends from here! My group went to go check on our friend who was stuck in the registration line. While we were in there, I saw a cosplayer further back in the line that I thought I recognized, so i went up and talked to her, and I was right! It was StarsCASSiOPEiA! When I introduced myself, she gave me this gigantic back-breaking hug that had my friend afraid she was going to snap me in two, but it was awesome!
That's really funny, cause StarsCASSiOPEiA totally just told that story on the last page because it made her day too!

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Okay, so it's not really a con memory, but I want to share anyways 'cause it's happy and we need more happy on these forums! XD

Me and my bestie were at Joann fabrics so she could get stuff for her Medusa cosplay, and we saw a casual America and a casual England! They were super friendly and it was really cool seeing cosplayers out and about. I actually had to do a double take, because at first I didn't realize they were cosplaying (the America wig and the Iggy eyebrows were what gave it away. XD).

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #29
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymonochrome View Post
That's really funny, cause StarsCASSiOPEiA totally just told that story on the last page because it made her day too!
I read it, and that's what reminded me of it! ^w^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #30
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

All the times I come out of a stage event or my panel and have people waiting just outside the exit that get all excited and rave about "Oh my god your so amazing!" "Oh my god I love you!" "You've inspried me to get involved." It really does make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I made someone else happy just doing what I love to do.

One time after I ran a panel on Basic Stage Acting/Cosplaying I had this young girls mother come up to me before the masquerade at Anime Boston 2012 and say "You've really made a difference in my daughters self esteem she use to let every little thing some said about her outfit bother her to the point she didn't want to do it any more. Now she wants to get involved like you and show people that even if they judge her she's going to keep on keeping on. I really hope you and your group win an award your amazing people who deserve it. We'll be cheering for you!" It made me feel really good to hear that and my group did end up going on to win an award for our preformance.

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Sinon (SAO:GGO) 30% done (Prop Hecate II and Wig finished)
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote