Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #151
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
... I now need to meet this comedian cyclops...
Cyke is Saturday, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I'll be at the Marvel booth for photoshoot things as Hawkeye on Friday. At 6'4" w/a plethora of other Avengers cosplayers (comic versions, we're all nerds capitable of walking into a comic shop), I'll be hard to miss.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #152
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

I'll have to stop by the booth. I found out there should be at least one other Amora around. I'll be the short one XD Trying to overcome that by wearing heels.

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #153
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I'll have to stop by the booth. I found out there should be at least one other Amora around. I'll be the short one XD Trying to overcome that by wearing heels.
Once I know the exact times for the booth meet up/photo ops I'll post em here.

ONE MORE DAY PEOPLE!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #154
eebee

AHHHHH TOMORROW.

Time for the hardest 29 hours of waiting yet...

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #155
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Yeah 29 hours of crunch time for me *already working to finish her stuff*

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #156
eebee

Yeah, my fiance's facing basically that same thing. I'm giving him all the help I can with simple things like painting. While simultaneously trying to study for an exam tonight. So we'll see how that goes. xD

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #157
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Yeah 29 hours of crunch time for me *already working to finish her stuff*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Yeah, my fiance's facing basically that same thing. I'm giving him all the help I can with simple things like painting. While simultaneously trying to study for an exam tonight. So we'll see how that goes. xD
Hawkeye's at 100%, which makes me happy

As for Hood, assuming I get the helmet tonight, all I have to do is iron on the emblem onto an under armor shirt and it's done. If this actually comes together as plan, I'll be super pleased.

Unread 10-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #158
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Yeah my boyfriend is helping me a little also. He's making my mask props for my other cosplay but Enchantress is being done 100% solo. I need to get my butt to a radioshack too cause I need some led's and battery holders for my prop ._.

Cyke i hope you get you helmet in time!

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #159
eebee

Ooh. I always like props that require batteries and LEDs. Those are the best props. =D

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #160
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Yeah I couldn't think of anything else for Enchantress but what I'll be doing. Just hoping it looks good!

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #161
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Well some good news, everything is at my apartment. So said Emma will have her costume by tomorrow.

I'm a little peeved with the helmet though. Turns out the one my comission was making me fell apart at the last minute, so he just ended up painting a motorcycle Helmet red. So it's a tad on the ridiculous side. I'll have my final impressions tonight when I get in. OH WELL, MY MARVEL STUFF LOOKS GOOD, THAT MATTERS MORE!

Unread 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #162
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Well some good news, everything is at my apartment. So said Emma will have her costume by tomorrow.

I'm a little peeved with the helmet though. Turns out the one my comission was making me fell apart at the last minute, so he just ended up painting a motorcycle Helmet red. So it's a tad on the ridiculous side. I'll have my final impressions tonight when I get in. OH WELL, MY MARVEL STUFF LOOKS GOOD, THAT MATTERS MORE!
Hurray! Maybe I'll wear mine tomorrow then...=D

That sucks about the helmet. =( Is he still making you pay full price?

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #163
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Hurray! Maybe I'll wear mine tomorrow then...=D

That sucks about the helmet. =( Is he still making you pay full price?
It actually ended up costing him more to replace it, plus he overnight expressed shipped it for no extra charge. Considering I paid only $50 for everything, I'm not too mad.

Wait Emma as Emmers tomorrow? HMM HMMM! May bring a casual Cyke then for possible photos! >:3

Unread 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #164
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Aw man now I'm debating if I should bring enchantress tomorrow then. That's awesome you got your stuff at least! Wish I did have an X cos done though... I have no money to even attempt a Jubilee or anything at all lol

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #165
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
It actually ended up costing him more to replace it, plus he overnight expressed shipped it for no extra charge. Considering I paid only $50 for everything, I'm not too mad.

Wait Emma as Emmers tomorrow? HMM HMMM! May bring a casual Cyke then for possible photos! >:3
Hmm hmm hmm! I was on the fence about it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw all the parts in my bag before I leave...It would have to be Emma Frost with her White Queen haircut though, as that's the only wig I have right now. xD

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction: