Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 10-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #181
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
I'm bigger than you on the upstairs dep., eebee XD! But I will borrow ze pants if you don't mind. I can't find my white ones anywhere right now. Go figure. I'll Do the top for myself cause I'm gonna make the corset looking one for her. I got everything for it anyways, might as well you know? And I think I'll have to make the cape again for myself since I'm bigger up top >_<! Damn it I hate having been blessed sometimes!
Ahh, yeah, I really wanted to do the corset one, but this was a chaotic last-minute costume for me too and I didn't have any eyelets or lacing on hand. x3 That should look awesome! The cape is basically just a large rectangle of sturdy pleather made with the intention of hanging eerily straight around me like hers always seems to manage to, meant to be pinned by the X-pin to the top. Unless the difference is massive, it's probably a one size fits all type item. ^^

You can definitely borrow my pants. They're just boring old white jeans, which I found convenient for holding my wallet and stuff during the con. Technically the jeans are a size 11, which is basically a size 10 with a slightly different cut than usual. I found I had to tighten my belt a touch more than I was used to, but other than that, they fit me fine. If that sounds good, I'll PM you my phone number, and we can meet up at the start of the day so I can hand them and anything else you might want to borrow over. =D

EDIT: Yep, I have long white gloves - the standard satin costume kind. They're not in ideal condition, having been used for three years, but they're still very white everywhere but the palms. There are places where I've had to sew them back up, but the fixes are invisible from photo distance. They also only go up to just over my elbow, not all the way to wherever her cape hits her arms. Had to work with what I had on hand. ^^

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Last edited by eebee : 10-10-2012 at 05:06 PM.
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #182
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Aye that's fine. I'll borrow the pants and gloves. I still don't understand how you manage to look small in the pics. I seriously thought you were a good one to two sizes smaller.

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #183
eebee

Now I can't find my pants. This...is really weird. I wonder where I might have hidden them from myself? >< I'll keep looking. xD

Well, thanks! I don't have any tricks for looking smaller...I didn't even think I did. xD

EDIT: Found 'em. Now to explain to myself why I put them in a shoebox on the floor of my cos-closet. ><

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #184
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Lol! Idk? i do stuff like that too. Like I have no idea where the hell one of my cosplays is which is the one with the white pants!

In other news... my eyebrows are extremely blonde unlike my hair color... Hawawkward!!

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #185
eebee

Okay. Time for me to go take an exam, and then no more school worries until after the con!

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #186
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Good luck!

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #187
DreamCosplay

Can anybody tell me what both the Javits statues for the Saturday meetup look like? Or would they be pretty easy to find?
DreamCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #188
Mr E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCosplay View Post
Can anybody tell me what both the Javits statues for the Saturday meetup look like? Or would they be pretty easy to find?
here's the one of know of. Are there two of them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/6259390497/
Mr E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #189
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

That's the one we're meeting at from what I know. If it is like last year you will be able to enter from the street and be right there. That would be level 2 on the map entering from 11 av if I remember correctly. Just look for the mass of Marvel people. It's possibly the one area ANYONE can find easily.

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #190
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Quote:
That's the one we're meeting at from what I know. If it is like last year you will be able to enter from the street and be right there. That would be level 2 on the map entering from 11 av if I remember correctly. Just look for the mass of Marvel people. It's possibly the one area ANYONE can find easily.

Yes, exactly.

Also, I found out the time for the official Marvel thing on Friday at the booth. It's listed now.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #191
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Aurora it seems I'm doing Enchantress tomorrow and Friday if you want to update it and Add me as Emma for Sat.

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #192
eebee

Whoo! Test went well. Time to begin uninterrupted hyperactive waiting for NYCC!

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #193
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

^lol!

Edit: I pmed you my number eebee. You too Anarchris.

★Next Projects★

Last edited by tsutaya : 10-10-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #194
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Smartphones are racist against mutants? Mine always works for me regardless LOL! And my hair will be LONG! Like down to my butt long XD Lil too long I think for her but oh well! That's my only blonde wig. I can straighten it easily. And I'm doing my Amora on Friday so that's the only thing. I could do Emma for you Sat if that's ok? I wouldn't be able to have the wig straight otherwise >_<!
Spandex and touchscreens do not match apparently. And yea, X-times are on Saturday. Avengers time on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
tsutaya - I'm flattered, but I'm definitely not a tiny girl. x3 Is the top size too big or too small? The piece is fitted by means of a number of darts around the edges. It would be a cinch to let it out, and making it smaller would probably just require another dart or so - or even just little bits of fashion tape to make sure it doesn't slip down. ^^ If you don't think you can get yours done, you can definitely borrow any aspect of mine you want up to all of them. I have the top, cape (separate from the top but made of the same white pleather), basic long white gloves, a belt, a choker, a yellow and red 'X' pin, white boots, and white jeans. the only accurate piece I don't have is a wig. It would be totally cool to have you in our group as Emma!

Chris - You're lucky my costume isn't capable of winning anything and I don't like lines, or I'd totally ditch you for the official Marvel costume contest. xD

I'm not going to be Marvel on Friday, but maybe I'll come Crossgen-crash the photoshoot. xD I mean, technically all Crossgen material is now the intellectual property of Marvel...they've just been ignoring it...
BUT IM ADORABLE!

Quote:
^lol!

Edit: I pmed you my number eebee. You too Anarchris.

KK Will responde shortly w/ mine.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #195
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

uh what? you just said saturday twice. is this correct?

★Next Projects★