Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Anime Festival

Unread 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #211
sunseenli
Philosophaster Ephemerist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
There's only 2 photos of you online as of now, but the first one is quite solid! <3
I got to see! One of my coworkers showed me on her phone. I was blown away! I KNOW I don't look that good in real life--that's all Autumn's talent. Gorgeous!
sunseenli is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #212
eebee

That was tons of fun! The shoot on Saturday was great. =) Sunseenli, it was great to meet you!

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #213
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseenli View Post
I got to see! One of my coworkers showed me on her phone. I was blown away! I KNOW I don't look that good in real life--that's all Autumn's talent. Gorgeous!
I know right? I've known Autumn for awhile, but this was the firsttime I've shot with her. The results were fantastic. I'm dyinggggggggggggggg for more photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
That was tons of fun! The shoot on Saturday was great. =) Sunseenli, it was great to meet you!
Glad you enjoyed it! Next time we go drinking in the city, I'll let you guys know!

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #214
sunseenli

Quote:
It was wonderful getting to meet you, too! And thank you so much for allowing me to pose with your fiance! He was a good sport.

Quote:
I know right? I've known Autumn for awhile, but this was the firsttime I've shot with her. The results were fantastic. I'm dyinggggggggggggggg for more photos!
Ditto!

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed it! Next time we go drinking in the city, I'll let you guys know!
Yes, please! I know I'm, like, never around, but it never hurts to ask!
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #215
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Hey guys! Guess wat? Found the pis from the Marvel costober fest thing on their site just now :>! YAAAYY PICTURESSS!!!!

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #216
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Yes, please! I know I'm, like, never around, but it never hurts to ask!
I actually don't have your cellphone number Or I lost it. Dunno! PM it to me. I know you got birthday plots this weekend, but we can always try for something in the following weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
Hey guys! Guess wat? Found the pis from the Marvel costober fest thing on their site just now :>! YAAAYY PICTURESSS!!!!
Man, I need a new wig for Clint, lol.

It was super good chatting you up for a bit on Thursday/Friday BTW. It's always good to make more local costumer friendsss

SHAMELESS PLUG: Oh look, that article for Bleeding Cool I wrote is up!
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/...sion-from-nyc/

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
Unread 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #217
eebee

Quote:
It was wonderful getting to meet you, too! And thank you so much for allowing me to pose with your fiance! He was a good sport.
No problem! Canon romantic interests are just one of the things that all cosplayers borrow from each other at the last minute, like superglue and safety pins. You got a great shot out of it! =)

Quote:
I never actually got around to the Marvel booth when they were taking any photos. Whoops! =P

Had a lot of fun with you at the con! I've yet to find any of our million pictures from Thursday. If you find any, link me?

Quote:

The photos are definitely awesome. If you plan anything with Autumn for next year, or any interim time, you better let me know! >=)

Sweet, sounds good. We will definitely be around. We're very boring like that.

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Unread 10-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #218
sunseenli

Quote:
I actually don't have your cellphone number Or I lost it. Dunno! PM it to me. I know you got birthday plots this weekend, but we can always try for something in the following weeks!
Done and done.

Quote:
No problem! Canon romantic interests are just one of the things that all cosplayers borrow from each other at the last minute, like superglue and safety pins. You got a great shot out of it! =)
Any time I can return the favor, you just let me know. My husband usually cosplays Vash, but he's also got a Luigi costume and some Touga costumes that occasionally come out of the closet, with a few others besides. I'm always willing to lend him out!
Unread 10-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #219
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

I never actually got around to the Marvel booth when they were taking any photos. Whoops! =P

Had a lot of fun with you at the con! I've yet to find any of our million pictures from Thursday. If you find any, link me?

The photos are definitely awesome. If you plan anything with Autumn for next year, or any interim time, you better let me know! >=)

Sweet, sounds good. We will definitely be around. We're very boring like that.

1) Considering several jokes made in various texts I've been sending SSL, this comment is ripe for hilarilty.

2) It was a tad crowded, but they do it EVERY NYCC, so you'll have your chance eventually.

3) I would love to shoot with her again in the near future. It's just a matter of when and what. I'll keep you posted though, I'm not opposed for something outside of a con.

4) LOL welcome to marriage!

Quote:
Done and done.

Any time I can return the favor, you just let me know. My husband usually cosplays Vash, but he's also got a Luigi costume and some Touga costumes that occasionally come out of the closet, with a few others besides. I'm always willing to lend him out!
Lend, pimp, whatever :P

Unread 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #220
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Man, I need a new wig for Clint, lol.

It was super good chatting you up for a bit on Thursday/Friday BTW. It's always good to make more local costumer friendsss
Was very nice meeting you and your wifer also! Hope to see you guys around soon too !

Quote:

The only pic I have of us is the one my friend took. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING else! I'm actually pretty frustrated that I just can't find stuff... And it was a lot of fun <3

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #221
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Was very nice meeting you and your wifer also! Hope to see you guys around soon too !

The only pic I have of us is the one my friend took. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING else! I'm actually pretty frustrated that I just can't find stuff... And it was a lot of fun <3
Carrie goes to roughly HOMILLION cons a year, so I'm sure you'll run into here again. And again, we're based in NYC, so hangage is a thing that can happen!

I've only seen a few photos, but I know one of the dudes who shot us on Thursday will take FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to post stuff online. On the brightside, something to be excited for next year!

Unread 10-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #222
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

EEBEEEEE!!! I FOUND ONE! 8D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...lay-Gallery.60

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #223
eebee

Quote:
Hurray!!! Thank you!!!

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #224
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Quote:
Hurray!!! Thank you!!!
Awesomeeee!

So let's talk swag shall we? What did everyone score from NYCC, if anything?
Me-
Sketches- "Pixie" by Katie Cook, "Iceman" from Jarrett Williams, making my X-Men sketch cover 2 away from being done. Also "Invincible" by Ryan Ottley
Signatures- Chris Claremont, Kieron Gillian, Rick Remender
Trades- Remender's "Secret Avengers" vol 1, "Fear Agent" v5 and "Night Mary"
Toys- A Cyclops figures that I've been looking for FOREVER
Prints-Redheads by Dustin Nguyen
Shirtys-SHIELD polo.

I also ending up buying a ton of gifts for friends/Carries.

Unread 10-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #225
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Eebee hun found another -> http://www.elysiam.org/2012/10/17/ny...m=9&gallery=44

We're somewhere in there lol

★Next Projects★