Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 10-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #226
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
Eebee hun found another -> http://www.elysiam.org/2012/10/17/ny...m=9&gallery=44

We're somewhere in there lol
Awesome! I was looking at his site a couple days ago, but he hadn't posted, and then I forgot to check again. xD



Great haul, Chris! Let's see what I came up with...

-Mouseguard book two, got it signed and sketched in by David Petersen, as a gift for my mom
-The Mouseguard Roleplaying Game guidebook, which is basically Burning Wheel but with adorable swordsmice.
-Got Sojourn issue 20 (the first comic I ever bought) signed by three of the four contributors: Ron Marz, Jay Leisten, and Justin Ponsor.
-Three trades of the Teen Titans, 2003-11 run (basically the only DC I like), got them signed by artist Mike McKone
-A shitload of singles, including the rest of the Mike Carey/Chric Bachalo X-Men run because they make me so happy
-Trade of Witch Doctor, a new Image comic which I highly recommend, and got it signed by writer Brandon Seifert
-A tachikoma toy as a gift for my old roommate
-My favorite image of Storm signed by artist Simone Bianchi

Budget was tight this year, so I skipped over figurines and sketches in favor of comics. I had budgeted for a nice print, but I actually didn't see any that I needed to have, so I didn't end up with any.
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #227
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Awesome! I was looking at his site a couple days ago, but he hadn't posted, and then I forgot to check again. xD



Great haul, Chris! Let's see what I came up with...

-Mouseguard book two, got it signed and sketched in by David Petersen, as a gift for my mom
-The Mouseguard Roleplaying Game guidebook, which is basically Burning Wheel but with adorable swordsmice.
-Got Sojourn issue 20 (the first comic I ever bought) signed by three of the four contributors: Ron Marz, Jay Leisten, and Justin Ponsor.
-Three trades of the Teen Titans, 2003-11 run (basically the only DC I like), got them signed by artist Mike McKone
-A shitload of singles, including the rest of the Mike Carey/Chric Bachalo X-Men run because they make me so happy
-Trade of Witch Doctor, a new Image comic which I highly recommend, and got it signed by writer Brandon Seifert
-A tachikoma toy as a gift for my old roommate
-My favorite image of Storm signed by artist Simone Bianchi

Budget was tight this year, so I skipped over figurines and sketches in favor of comics. I had budgeted for a nice print, but I actually didn't see any that I needed to have, so I didn't end up with any.
-Oh man, Mouseguard is GREAT! Let me know how the game is!
-I have found memories of the Johns-Titans run. I THINK I own all of the pre-One year later stuff in trade.
-I LOVEEEEEEEE Bachalo drawing X-characters. Too bad he's left WaTM, but I'm curipus where in Marvel he'll turn up next.
-I've heard good things abour Witch Doctor. But between Saga/Invincible/Fatale and the countless other Marvel books I buy, I'm tapped out.
-Heh, we're talking about GiS over in General Chat.
-Very cool.

I actually got less signatures in AA this year compared to that last 2. Probably b/c after Heroescon/c2e2/BCC I got tired of lugging trades around.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #228
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
-Oh man, Mouseguard is GREAT! Let me know how the game is!
-I have found memories of the Johns-Titans run. I THINK I own all of the pre-One year later stuff in trade.
-I LOVEEEEEEEE Bachalo drawing X-characters. Too bad he's left WaTM, but I'm curipus where in Marvel he'll turn up next.
-I've heard good things abour Witch Doctor. But between Saga/Invincible/Fatale and the countless other Marvel books I buy, I'm tapped out.
-Heh, we're talking about GiS over in General Chat.
-Very cool.

I actually got less signatures in AA this year compared to that last 2. Probably b/c after Heroescon/c2e2/BCC I got tired of lugging trades around.
-I know, right? I will never get over how cute they are with their tiny weapons. It just makes my day whenever I pick up one of the books. I'll give my review of the RPG as soon as we convince our usual game group to give it a shot.
-I couldn't find a seamless run, and as usual, reading the trades I did get has made me want to read them all. Maybe we can negotiate a swap the next time we hang out, Witch Doctor for some Titans. =)
-His style is great. Exactly cartoony enough to be fun and playful without giving up any detail or expression or anything. Paired with Carey's writing, which you know I love, those are some of my favorite comics.
-I have never seen it, actually. I just know a little about it, and know she loves it. So I picked up one of the toys I saw in a booth.
-Yeah, it can be a bit tiring to have to carry around the stuff you want signed. I kept having to find places to hide the books I was carrying for photos too, because I never carry a bag. ><
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #229
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
-I know, right? I will never get over how cute they are with their tiny weapons. It just makes my day whenever I pick up one of the books. I'll give my review of the RPG as soon as we convince our usual game group to give it a shot.
-I couldn't find a seamless run, and as usual, reading the trades I did get has made me want to read them all. Maybe we can negotiate a swap the next time we hang out, Witch Doctor for some Titans. =)
-His style is great. Exactly cartoony enough to be fun and playful without giving up any detail or expression or anything. Paired with Carey's writing, which you know I love, those are some of my favorite comics.
-I have never seen it, actually. I just know a little about it, and know she loves it. So I picked up one of the toys I saw in a booth.
-Yeah, it can be a bit tiring to have to carry around the stuff you want signed. I kept having to find places to hide the books I was carrying for photos too, because I never carry a bag. ><
1) Speaking of gaming, did you guys give the new Marvel RPG a shot yet? I bought the guide book, but the group's DM described it as "A VCR manaul as written by Grant Morrision"

2) Sound's like a plan. Maybe the lot of us can meet up for a mini-NYCC reunion!

3) His Spidey is the best, but anything he touches is gold.

4) It's anime-cyberpunk done right.

5) Backpacks are the way to go, but it will eventually kill your back! ALL OF THE OUCHIES!
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #230
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
1) Speaking of gaming, did you guys give the new Marvel RPG a shot yet? I bought the guide book, but the group's DM described it as "A VCR manaul as written by Grant Morrision"

2) Sound's like a plan. Maybe the lot of us can meet up for a mini-NYCC reunion!

3) His Spidey is the best, but anything he touches is gold.

4) It's anime-cyberpunk done right.

5) Backpacks are the way to go, but it will eventually kill your back! ALL OF THE OUCHIES!
I haven't tried it. Our group is more fantasy-oriented than comic-oriented. That description sounds painful though. I'm pretty sure I know a DM who runs Marvel games. I could probably drop him a line, see what he says about it.

Sweet, post-con nerding out!
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #231
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
I haven't tried it. Our group is more fantasy-oriented than comic-oriented. That description sounds painful though. I'm pretty sure I know a DM who runs Marvel games. I could probably drop him a line, see what he says about it.

Sweet, post-con nerding out!
Please do. I AM ALL ABOUT THE ZAKTING AND LEADING X-MANS!

Yeah, a reunion of sorts w/o involving costumes could be radddd. I'm fairly certain the Mrs. and I could host, if ppl are interested!
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #232
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Please do. I AM ALL ABOUT THE ZAKTING AND LEADING X-MANS!

Yeah, a reunion of sorts w/o involving costumes could be radddd. I'm fairly certain the Mrs. and I could host, if ppl are interested!
Alright, cool, I'll send him an email, see what he says. If he's not interested, you could also loan Harold the guidebook. He's a halfway decent DM, and pretty quick to learn new rule systems. We can geek out over both the Marvel and Mouseguard RPGs.

Sounds like fun! I think we could probably manage to drag ourselves out to Brooklyn if it's for nerd hangouts.
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #233
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Alright, cool, I'll send him an email, see what he says. If he's not interested, you could also loan Harold the guidebook. He's a halfway decent DM, and pretty quick to learn new rule systems. We can geek out over both the Marvel and Mouseguard RPGs.

Sounds like fun! I think we could probably manage to drag ourselves out to Brooklyn if it's for nerd hangouts.
Word! And finding people to play wouldn't be too hard, as I know plenty of folk who are down w/ comics and RPing. Plus the Civil War expansion just dropped, and I think there's at least 3 more expansions on the way. So ALL THE MARVEL CHARACTERS!

The trip from Upper Manhattan to Bay Ridge is about an 1-1 1/2 depending on transfers, but fairly straightforward I'll start pitching dates once Carrie's selling schedule wraps up for the year. And I imagine/guarantee I'll have another bar night in the city before that!
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #234
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Word! And finding people to play wouldn't be too hard, as I know plenty of folk who are down w/ comics and RPing. Plus the Civil War expansion just dropped, and I think there's at least 3 more expansions on the way. So ALL THE MARVEL CHARACTERS!

The trip from Upper Manhattan to Bay Ridge is about an 1-1 1/2 depending on transfers, but fairly straightforward I'll start pitching dates once Carrie's selling schedule wraps up for the year. And I imagine/guarantee I'll have another bar night in the city before that!
Yeah, so that DM is being an asshole, which is pretty normal for him. I'd say we'd have better luck giving Harold a couple weeks to learn the game and then using him. Also, he's been reading the Mouseguard guidebook, and he says he already has a campaign idea, if you have any interest in that.

Sweeeet. But how could you ever choose just one?!

On another note, I may have gotten bored and built Cloak and Dagger in 3.5. =D

Cool, sounds something like maybe a plan. Keep us advised.
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #235
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Yeah, so that DM is being an asshole, which is pretty normal for him. I'd say we'd have better luck giving Harold a couple weeks to learn the game and then using him. Also, he's been reading the Mouseguard guidebook, and he says he already has a campaign idea, if you have any interest in that.

Sweeeet. But how could you ever choose just one?!

On another note, I may have gotten bored and built Cloak and Dagger in 3.5. =D

Cool, sounds something like maybe a plan. Keep us advised.

Hey if Harold wants to run a MRP, I'm all for it. I'll see what the potential GM can do with it first though. QUERY, are you 2 free this Sunday in the event he wants to play?

Re: C&D lolololololol. Funfact: Don't care much for D&D, however, Mouse Guard is something I can get behind.

As for advisory, sure sure, will do I have your ##.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #236
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Hey if Harold wants to run a MRP, I'm all for it. I'll see what the potential GM can do with it first though. QUERY, are you 2 free this Sunday in the event he wants to play?

Re: C&D lolololololol. Funfact: Don't care much for D&D, however, Mouse Guard is something I can get behind.

As for advisory, sure sure, will do I have your ##.
Cool. We are not free this Sunday, actually. Harold's visiting something he calls a 'family', while my family is using the free space to visit me (translate: they're coming into the city for a good meal and need somewhere to sleep). Next Sunday should be good though.

Hey, they're awesome. I'm disappointed they haven't had a solo run in so long. Yeah, they can't be on any of the teams, because that wouldn't make any sense for their characters, and I know Marvel's all about the teams, but still, I'd love to see them more.
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager

Last edited by eebee : 10-18-2012 at 12:03 PM.
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #237
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Cool. We are not free this Sunday, actually. Harold's visiting something he calls a 'family', while my family is using the free space to visit me (translate: they're coming into the city for a good meal and need somewhere to sleep). Next Sunday should be good though.

Hey, they're awesome. I'm disappointed they haven't had a solo run in so long. Yeah, they can't be on any of the teams, because that wouldn't make any sense for their characters, and I know Marvel's all about the teams, but still, I'd love to see them more.
Alrighty, and I keep that mind.

Also that wasn't suppose a lol AT C&D. Just more of an laugh of amusement. That's cool though. And I know they tried something w/ c&D during Spider-Island, but I dont think anyone bought it. ;/
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #238
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Alrighty, and I keep that mind.

Also that wasn't suppose a lol AT C&D. Just more of an laugh of amusement. That's cool though. And I know they tried something w/ c&D during Spider-Island, but I dont think anyone bought it. ;/
Ah, okay. I'm used to people lol-ing at C&D a lot for some reason. =) I know Cap approached them briefly, I think in the aftermath of M-Day (because they were established non-M-gene mutants and therefore viable replacement Avengers), but they were too busy destroying opium fields with flamethrowers to be bothered. One day they will have their own series again, I'm sure of it. Marvel won't let them die.

I think we've just usurped this board for our own purposes.
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #239
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Ah, okay. I'm used to people lol-ing at C&D a lot for some reason. =) I know Cap approached them briefly, I think in the aftermath of M-Day (because they were established non-M-gene mutants and therefore viable replacement Avengers), but they were too busy destroying opium fields with flamethrowers to be bothered. One day they will have their own series again, I'm sure of it. Marvel won't let them die.

I think we've just usurped this board for our own purposes.
I DO WHAT I WANT, I DO WHAT I WANT!

Also we COULD just start a Marvel 2013 thread and be super ahead of the curve!

As for C&D it was what-M-Day appearance in some mini, camoes in Civil War and Secret Invasion, Osborn's Dark Avengers team until jumping ship w/Namor and Emma, and Spider-Island right? At least they're high profile appearances? IDK, if you ever meet my friend Ray, he will talk your ear off about his love for C & D.

In NYCC news, Autumn tossed up another few X-photos last night, both of hilarious and quality nature. In none X-photo news, My Avengers group is up on CBR!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41724
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #240
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I DO WHAT I WANT, I DO WHAT I WANT!

Also we COULD just start a Marvel 2013 thread and be super ahead of the curve!

As for C&D it was what-M-Day appearance in some mini, camoes in Civil War and Secret Invasion, Osborn's Dark Avengers team until jumping ship w/Namor and Emma, and Spider-Island right? At least they're high profile appearances? IDK, if you ever meet my friend Ray, he will talk your ear off about his love for C & D.

In NYCC news, Autumn tossed up another few X-photos last night, both of hilarious and quality nature. In none X-photo news, My Avengers group is up on CBR!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41724
Hurrayyy pictures!

yeah, I can't keep track of all their brief appearances. They jump around too much. They haven't been main characters since their short span with the Runaways, but they still show up everywhere, so obviously someone in management has decided they don't want to let them fade away.

II would be more than happy to listen to all the great reasons to love C&D. I like that they have a clear goal and pursue that goal steadily, and are not at all ashamed of their heavyhanded methods. I also like that they're a constant relief from most comic relationships which are a mess of fights over nothing, breakups, psychic cheating, UST, etc.

You're right, we could. It's not like there will ever by an NYCC year where I don't do Marvel. Though my list is getting longer and more varied, come to think of it. I updated my signature with all our ideas. Want to cast a vote?
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager

Last edited by eebee : 10-19-2012 at 09:21 AM.
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.