Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 10-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #91
BanditArtist

there you go

this sucks. everybody has a group and I don't have anybody it's so hard being the new guy. I would really like to be a part of an Avengers group. isn't there anyone that has a group that needs a Thor?
BanditArtist is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #92
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Okay I think I have everything updated. If I didn't list you, let me know.

And yay Thor!! I wish we needed one, but we're doing girl versions of the characters so.. But you can come hang out with everyone in my group if you want, so you don't feel all alone.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #93
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditArtist View Post
this sucks. everybody has a group and I don't have anybody it's so hard being the new guy. I would really like to be a part of an Avengers group. isn't there anyone that has a group that needs a Thor?
Don't take it personally. I've known 3/4ths of my Avengers group for roughly 10 years,(I'm kind of married to the groups Black Widow, the Iron Fist is one of my besties). I'd invite you to join us as we lack the Odinson in the group, but we're wearing those on Friday, and I believe your Thor is being worn on Saturday. Feel free to correct me, but if you are wearing Thor on Friday, just look for us at the Marvel costume-photo-op and you can roll with us. For the private shoot it's a little trickier as some photographers only want to certain a # of ppl, and you gotta respect their rules you know?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #94
BanditArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Don't take it personally. I've known 3/4ths of my Avengers group for roughly 10 years,(I'm kind of married to the groups Black Widow, the Iron Fist is one of my besties). I'd invite you to join us as we lack the Odinson in the group, but we're wearing those on Friday, and I believe your Thor is being worn on Saturday. Feel free to correct me, but if you are wearing Thor on Friday, just look for us at the Marvel costume-photo-op and you can roll with us. For the private shoot it's a little trickier as some photographers only want to certain a # of ppl, and you gotta respect their rules you know?
Thanks anyway, Annie. Yeah, I'm the Thunderer only on Saturday cause I can't be dressed for all 4 days. I get stopped for photoes every step I take all day. The only way to enjoy what the con has to offer each year is to dress one day (the biggest day is on saturday) and go alterego the rest of the days so you won't get stopped all the time. It does feel good to bring joy to others when they see me but I would like to enjoy the con as they do the other days.
BanditArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #95
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
I'm going alone to the con o_o... You're not the only one? If that's any consolation... And... That sucks you're only doing on Sat. I'm doing my Dawn cosplay that day T^T~

OH! Btw Aurora, I'm going Friday now... And all four days... so I guess I'll see you guys Sunday too?

★Next Projects★

Last edited by tsutaya : 10-03-2012 at 09:59 AM.
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #96
eebee

Quote:
Thanks anyway, Annie. Yeah, I'm the Thunderer only on Saturday cause I can't be dressed for all 4 days. I get stopped for photoes every step I take all day. The only way to enjoy what the con has to offer each year is to dress one day (the biggest day is on saturday) and go alterego the rest of the days so you won't get stopped all the time. It does feel good to bring joy to others when they see me but I would like to enjoy the con as they do the other days.
There is a certain amount of bother to cosplaying all days of the con, especially transporting my props and such multiple days, but I could never restrict nyself to cosplaying just one day. I only get to go to this one convention a year, and I have way too many costumes I want to make and wear. =) I usually just go plainclothes on Thursday and get all my comic shopping and layout mapping done so that for the other three days I don't have to carry purchases or waste time hunting out specific booths or tables and can just go with the flow and have time for photos.

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #97
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
There is a certain amount of bother to cosplaying all days of the con, especially transporting my props and such multiple days, but I could never restrict nyself to cosplaying just one day. I only get to go to this one convention a year, and I have way too many costumes I want to make and wear. =) I usually just go plainclothes on Thursday and get all my comic shopping and layout mapping done so that for the other three days I don't have to carry purchases or waste time hunting out specific booths or tables and can just go with the flow and have time for photos.
I agree with you on the cosplaying restriction. It's really tough. Every year you just keep adding more and more to the list too and it just becomes never endless >:

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #98
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Quote:
Since NYCC is a 4 day event, I'm doing SRS COSRUPRAY on Friday/Saturday only. Thursday is going to be spent scouting out booths/swag hunting and talking to people in Artist Alley for sketches/signatures/comissions. Sunday, whenever I sober up, will be part 2 of Sunday, and then heading back home for 1000 hours of sleep and blogging.

That being said, WE'RE ALMOST A WEEK AWAY AM I AM EXCITE FOR THIS CON YOU GUYS, YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND. Well maybe eebee does. BUT OH MAN, THIS SHOULD BE RADDDDDDDDDDDD!!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #99
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
I agree with you on the cosplaying restriction. It's really tough. Every year you just keep adding more and more to the list too and it just becomes never endless >:
Oh yes, I completely understand. It seems like I can't read any comics without wanting to cosplay more characters. xD It's even harder because I have to split my choices with my fiance - we almost always go as pairs, and if I get to pick some of our pairs, so does he, which just makes it even harder to get to cosplay everything we want. ><

Quote:
That being said, WE'RE ALMOST A WEEK AWAY AM I AM EXCITE FOR THIS CON YOU GUYS, YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND. Well maybe eebee does. BUT OH MAN, THIS SHOULD BE RADDDDDDDDDDDD!!
I have been excited for about three weeks now. It's almost ridiculous how hard a time I'm having keeping myself calm. =DDD This con is basically all I can think about, which is seriously problematic considering I have a calculus exam in two days. But I don't even care. Highlight of my year is a week away. Nothing else matters.

On the plus side, with all this excitement, I'm not last-minute rushing to get costumes done. I'm going to be getting my hair done tomorrow (got some killer roots going right now) and then Rogue will be totally complete.

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #100
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

I'm freaking the hell out lol~ Don't remind me that's only 7 days away. Nothing of mine is done. Actually I'm working on Enchantress as we speak.

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #101
NelBearPig

Saturday I'm going to be Magik.
NelBearPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #102
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Oh yes, I completely understand. It seems like I can't read any comics without wanting to cosplay more characters. xD It's even harder because I have to split my choices with my fiance - we almost always go as pairs, and if I get to pick some of our pairs, so does he, which just makes it even harder to get to cosplay everything we want. ><

I have been excited for about three weeks now. It's almost ridiculous how hard a time I'm having keeping myself calm. =DDD This con is basically all I can think about, which is seriously problematic considering I have a calculus exam in two days. But I don't even care. Highlight of my year is a week away. Nothing else matters.

On the plus side, with all this excitement, I'm not last-minute rushing to get costumes done. I'm going to be getting my hair done tomorrow (got some killer roots going right now) and then Rogue will be totally complete.
The wife and I have long abandoned the notion of us doing comics cosplay together as our tastes vary a ton. I think Black Widow and Hakeye were the closest thing we've done as a couple comics wise and they havent been canon in years. There is a chance she'll be making an Emma Frost costume based on the design from AXM: Xenogenesis though next year, which is dope, as I already have a Scott that matches.

And glad to know you're getting your had did on Thursday, as plans for Friday night fun are almost set.

P.S. Wanda finally has her big moments today in AvX 12 and AvX Vs 6 BTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelBearPig View Post
Saturday I'm going to be Magik.
Oh cool. I'll be running around as Cyclops w/ a Emma/Dusk/Fantomex with Eebee's Rogue and Gamit. Look for us if you want a photo or something!

Unread 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #103
EdxWinry
Yaoi Obsessed Uke

I will be the silliest looking Tony Stark there. I'm such a tiny person! I'm not even 5 feet tall, so I always feel odd cosplaying as tallish/normal height people. I know Robert Downey Jr isn't too tall, but he's still got a lot of inches on me XDD
EdxWinry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #104
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
I'm freaking the hell out lol~ Don't remind me that's only 7 days away. Nothing of mine is done. Actually I'm working on Enchantress as we speak.
Ouch. I was there last year. Desperate sewing and shopping the whole final 10 days. My fiance is way behind right now, but since I'm caught up, I can use my time to help him out. =)

Quote:
The wife and I have long abandoned the notion of us doing comics cosplay together as our tastes vary a ton. I think Black Widow and Hakeye were the closest thing we've done as a couple comics wise and they havent been canon in years. There is a chance she'll be making an Emma Frost costume based on the design from AXM: Xenogenesis though next year, which is dope, as I already have a Scott that matches.

And glad to know you're getting your had did on Thursday, as plans for Friday night fun are almost set.

P.S. Wanda finally has her big moments today in AvX 12 and AvX Vs 6 BTW
Luckily, we've got pretty coordinated tastes. We don't always do romantic couple cosplays (in fact, two of our three pairs this year are not romantically attached), we just like to do pairs that make sense together so that we have someone to pose with during the con. =) Since I picked two of the three this year, he got to pick two of next year's, but I like both his choices - Sly Cooper and Carmelita (a fun nostalgia pair) and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (he may have been playing to me on this one). On that note, if you guys have any interest in Magneto and Polaris, let me know!

Awesome! Drop me a message or a text or what have you whenever plans are set, and we'll be there.

Sweet. I'll drop by the store and take a look. I've been wanting to get all the Vs comics anyways, for pure fangirl fun. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdxWinry View Post
I will be the silliest looking Tony Stark there. I'm such a tiny person! I'm not even 5 feet tall, so I always feel odd cosplaying as tallish/normal height people. I know Robert Downey Jr isn't too tall, but he's still got a lot of inches on me XDD
Haha! That sounds awesome! Don't worry, height isn't what makes Tony Stark fantastic. It's all in the attitude. ;D

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #105
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Ouch. I was there last year. Desperate sewing and shopping the whole final 10 days. My fiance is way behind right now, but since I'm caught up, I can use my time to help him out. =)

Luckily, we've got pretty coordinated tastes. We don't always do romantic couple cosplays (in fact, two of our three pairs this year are not romantically attached), we just like to do pairs that make sense together so that we have someone to pose with during the con. =) Since I picked two of the three this year, he got to pick two of next year's, but I like both his choices - Sly Cooper and Carmelita (a fun nostalgia pair) and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (he may have been playing to me on this one). On that note, if you guys have any interest in Magneto and Polaris, let me know!

Awesome! Drop me a message or a text or what have you whenever plans are set, and we'll be there.

Sweet. I'll drop by the store and take a look. I've been wanting to get all the Vs comics anyways, for pure fangirl fun. =)
Cyclops is 100% done, Hawkeye is like 90%, and Red Hood is....like 70%? Waiting for my Helmet to arrive, plus some holsters. Should get on that.

In regards to couple cosplay, I think the Ultimates 3 made Pietro and Wanda a canon couple so.....lol. Also I'm fairly certain by being an active Cyclops cosplayer, that pretty much makes a Magneto cosplayer these days (because THAT wasn't hammered across enough in AvX).