Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
elomlo-middie

What was YOUR first cosplay?

So, I recently went to Anime Midwest. It was my first convention, so my first time cosplaying. I, being the ambitious girl I am, got the help of my mom and sister to make a Twilight Princess Zelda costume that turned out pretty awesome- And we started making just a week and a half before the convention. What was your first cosplay? Do you wish you had done it differently?

Unread 07-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Synaster

I was 13 when I cosplayed as Misty at a Pokemon convention. It was a closet cosplay that was assembled the night before, so I was missing some items, like red suspenders and the red hair. I did, however, make her red bag, and my friend let me borrow her Togepi.

The only things I'd have done differently would have been to at least get the suspenders and dye my hair.

Afterwards, a different friend that I had went with started calling me Misty, and I liked it, so it became a nickname for a few years.

Edit: I had never even heard of the word "cosplay" at that time.

Last edited by Synaster : 07-25-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

I was 13 or 14, I think.
It was a store-bought Tohru Honda, it was rather nice for a first cosplay.

Currently working on:
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Tumblr: http://justacrazedfangirl.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

My first one was Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII Advent Children. I did it at my old work's halloween party in 2011. I count it because it was my first costume after I learned what cosplay was, so I had it made and everything..My first one at a con though would be Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories because I wore that day zero getting my badge at the con. Both were very horrible looking..My Cloud one at that time was complete crap and I redid the entire thing between that time and the con, and my Marluxia one I've redone a few times.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #5
Manari

I was Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 in 2000, but it was just for Halloween. I'd bought a lovely purple cheongsam and did my hair up. It was pretty cute, but simple. I was Nuriko (FY) for the next Halloween and used it for my first convention, too. I created a hanfu that was quite elaborate, but I based it off manga sketches vs. specific/accurate anime colors so I was able to choose my own colors and trims. I was asked to dance at the con in that costume, so I guess it was well-received.

Last edited by Manari : 07-24-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Manari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

My first cosplay was Sheena Fujibayashi from Tales of Symphonia which was completed in 2011, but I didn't actually wear it to a convention until 2012. I actually still wear it to conventions, although it's had some upgrades since it was first made.
chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #7
Jigouku Chou
Survival Horror Addict

My first cosplay was Hikaru Hitachin from Ouran High School Host Club. I bought it online and dyed my hair orange and styled it with loads of hair spray. For the most part for using my real hair it turned out okay. Having orange hair for weeks afterword wasn't very nice though. Had to bleach it out in the end. If I could re-do the experience I would have gotten a wig.

Next event: Nan Desu Kan 2014
Jigouku Chou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 12:07 AM   #8
Padmik
mikky

Yuffie Kisaragi from FF7 Advent Children. I wore it to Momocon 2008 and gaaawwwddaaaaaammnnn it was awful lol. Oh yeah, I totally think about remaking it from scratch in the future but I probably never will. Tbh it wasn't that bad but a wig would have made a huge difference.

[Tumblr] [CosBlog]

2014 Conventions
Shatterdome ATL, AWA
2014 Cosplays
Allison Argent (3x23) - Teen Wolf 100%
Mako Mori - Pacific Rim 100%
Honekoneko (kigu) - PaSwG 90%
Levi (WoC) - SnK/AoT 15%
Hibari Kyoya (jumpsuit) - KHR! 5%
Rilakkuma (kigu) 80%
Padmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #9
TheKitsuneQueen
Mage of Awesome

My first cosplay was the Wonder Chef from the Tales of series. It was made by my friend and I wore it at my second con (Nekocon). It was a very awkward costume, but I still had fun.
Unread 07-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #10
Wobniar
Whooosh!!

My first cosplay was some Akatsuki member from Naruto... Let's just say I try to forget about it xD It was the night before our first convention when we decided we were going to cosplay and basically, we just bought black vampire capes from party city, glued some red and white circles to them, and we were done. That was a long time ago... Aaahh, memories xD

Upcoming cons:
Anime Los Angeles 2015
Anime Expo 2014

Costumes in Making:
Roxie/Homika (Pokemon)
Val'kyr (WoW)
Illusen (Neopets)

Wobniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 12:15 AM   #11
CosmicPandaGirl
Kid-krazi

I was 12, Luffy from One Piece, that was terrible. shutters//
Conker: Conker's Bad Fur Day
2 Star Mako Mankanshoku: Kill La Kill
STOP BEING A GUEST AND JOIN ALREADY

Follow me on tumblr
CosmicPandaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 02:35 AM   #12
Lady Sundae

Fiora from League Of Legends, April 2014.

So much mistakes but still so proud, I want to redo that cosplay now that I've learned various way to make a costume. Still, I've also learned a lot about how to pose and how procrastination is bad for cosplay.
Classic Fiora, LoL - 100% - Kitty Cat Katarina, LoL - 100% - Rikku Thief - 100 %- Popstar Ahri, LoL - Clothes 77% - Props 50% -Officer Vi, LoL - Clothes 12,5 % - Props 38% - Classic Soraka, LoL - Planning

2015 projects : Alexstrasza - Power Girl - Fiora v2 - Satsuki (Junketsu version)
Lady Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 03:35 AM   #13
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

In 2007 at Anime Expo I was Soi Fon in her captain's outfit. I was such a noob back then.
[Hatsune Miku-Common World Domination]

Cons Attending
[Vox Reax Tour]
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #14
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

The first time I really assembled a costume was probably when I went as Fox McCloud from Star Fox for Halloween in seventh grade (probably 2006?). I used a mask/head and tail from a cat costume a family friend had made for me when I was much younger, a Star Wars battle droid blaster, a couple odds and ends around the house for other accessories, and clothes we already had for his pants and coat. It probably wasn't very good (no pics of it as far as I know), but I liked it at the time.

The first true cosplay I did was when I went to Youmacon in 2013 as Mal Reynolds. I wasn't going for nearly as much accuracy as I go for now, so it wasn't great, but I was still pretty recognizable and tons of people took my picture. I'm now in the process of remaking it so it'll be a lot more accurate and better looking in general.

In progress: Booker Dewitt (Bioshock Infinite) - 90%; Steampunk'd Han Solo (Star Wars) - 98%; Connor Kenway (Assassin's Creed III) - 30%; Max Rockatansky (Mad Max series) - 35%; Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Captain America: TWS) - planning

Future: Mal Reynolds (improved), Jaime Lannister (GoT)
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #15
ekir7584

Mine was Fluttershy from MLP. It was alright, just a yellow sweatshirt and skirt with white knee high socks and black shoes. I was really excited because I ordered my first wig for it ^^