Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 09-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #1
Con on Sunday

I have decided that I vastly prefer actual walking around and shopping on Sunday. There was room to breathe, vendors still had plenty of stuff, good costumes to see... just think I'm going to be a Sunday con goer from here on out....
Nothing is impossible, but some things are very expensive.
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/penlowe
Penlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
Mummy Gnu
We pretty much only ever go for a single day - the rest of my family is not sufficiently into conventions for me to persuade them to spend a whole weekend at one - and Sundays are my favourites too. Less hectic.
UK based cosplaying mum - our family facebook page : An Implausibility of Gnus
Roo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
Embroidery Enthusiast
I tend to split my shopping between Friday and Sunday- I look around Friday when it's not half as crowded (though at big cons I almost never go into the dealers room on Friday, because lines stretch for mile. Artist alley, though, usually unless I'm just too busy), and unless it's a popular or OMG I MUST HAVE THIS RIGHT NOW item, or an item where I'll be too impractically dressed to carry it around on Sunday, I'll often hold off on shopping until then. Less ridiculous crowds and sometimes lower prices and I usually wear a simpler costume. Shopping Saturday at anything but small cons is just awful. But I don't do single con days since I was in college and couldn't afford anything else. :P

Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 09-19-2015 at 06:43 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
I use sunday as my "I will see if this is still here sunday in the dealers hall" day. I see things that I might want less than some other things, then I go back and see what's left. I pick out a ton of stuff to wait on because there's gotta be at least some of them left. Then I just finish up my shopping that day.I also use that day to go to the area in the hall where you buy anime. I have more time to look sunday so I just go that day if I can.

Sunday is also my lazy cosplay day. So a cosplay that I can easily get into the car back home in, or something that involves little to no removing..Like my Pokemon trainer this last con was literally regular clothes, with a pokeball belt..I just remove the belt and I'm back to normal.
Cosplay DA Regular DA Cosplay Group DA Tumblr Commissions Here YouTube
Sakuracon 2015:
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 3)
-Gym Leader Ruby Rose (RWBY/Pokemon Crossover)
-IF (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
Waifu Beam
Unlimited Waifu Works
In recent years, I've used my Sunday as a day to just wear regular clothes and walk around buying merchandise while friends of mine have gotten in cosplay and walked around. I've found from previous years that trying to do a cosplay on the last day when I'm scrambling to get everything in the car stresses me out. Using the last day to relax and buy merch is very calming for me.
Akihabara Expo

Female!Wilford Warfstache
Female!Freddy Fazbear

Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Waifu Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2015, 06:46 AM   #6
Otaku Gunso
half elf flame haze
Sunday is definetly a more quiet day if you like or prefer that more. Sunday for me is also the day when I go home xD
learn to cook with me (:
Otaku Gunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
Sunday is the most interesting day if you like that more. Sunday for me is also the day when I go for fishing. It's really enjoyable
fsagor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #8
I would love to go on a saturday but most of the time that's impossible I have a certain family member that I have to take out on saturdays. every saturday. forever.

So I go on sundays. yep! This is why I prefer 3+ day conventions, since I can take off Friday and go then too! And then I get at least one full day in

Going on sunday sucks if that's the last day. The convention shuts down early (usually around 5) and by around 3 people are already packing up and getting ready to go home. Plus you see lots of people carrying swag around that ran out on Saturday, and the majority of pictures are taken on saturday, and the masquerade happens on Saturday...

Yeah. Some conventions aren't worth going to if you can't go saturday

On the plus side! It's slower, so you can actually talk with the people at the booths, the deals are better (if they still have what you want in stock), and parking is easier.. and much cheaper to get.

So there ARE benefits to going sunday! It's just, if you have to pick one day, Saturday is often better lol.

Last edited by OoTLink : 09-19-2015 at 05:39 PM.
OoTLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #9
leads the crusade
Sunday is my lazy day. I enjoy my freedom of having my hands free and a backpack for my stuff....because I usually don't cosplay on Sundays, because it usually not only the last con-day but also the day I drive back home and I already have my stuff packed up.
So Sunday became a day for shopping and engageing into the Cons program, that I might not be able to enjoy when I was in costume.

But I couldn't have Sunday as my only day.
Me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SyonCosplay
Me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/syoncos/
Syon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2015, 01:45 PM   #10
Geek Extraordinaire
Sunday is my lazy day too. Either I wear an easy, simple cosplay, or I just wear something nerdy, like a Kigurumi. I like to do shopping Sunday as well, especially because a lot of dealers tend to drop prices on Sunday to get a last minute boost to their sales.

Though I am not immune to dealer's hall weakness... and I often end up seeing something I just HAVE to buy immediately on Friday or Saturday lol
My Facebook Fan page :3
Twitter and Instagram: KittytheSheGeek

My anti-drug.
KittytheSheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #11
Star Schnauzer
Depending on the con...if there are panels and such I need to see on Sunday, I'll cosplay something easy(no wig, props etc). Or if there isn't anything going on, I'll go home.
Convention 2015
Florence comic con

Costumes Completed
Rock & Benny Black Lagoon
Sir Integra Hellsing(rule 63) & Hellsing Merc
Mina Hazuki (rule 63) Darker than Black 2 & Black Reaper Darker Than Black 1-2
Zwei---Phantom of Inferno
Star Gate SG-1
Soul Eater--Spirit
MHI "Lizard Hunters", "Los Alamos" Branch MHI
MCB agent/operator
Desert Punk