Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 06-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
SenSukiyume

Taking Ship Couple Photos with a stranger, HELP!

So I'm gonna be part of a big group for Fire Emblem Fates. Since you can marry characters in that game I've been written down to take ship pictures Keaton/Nyx. I've never met the guy I'm taking pictures with we have been talking online though. We are looking into ideas for couple poses, we have proposal, hug from behind, carrying bridal style and petting. We need more ideas, also I have a boyfriend so keep it under a certain level please. Also any way to help with the nervousness that comes with all this? We are meeting up before the photoshoot and hanging out for a couple of hours before it too.
SenSukiyume is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
WondererBailey
o3o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenSukiyume View Post
So I'm gonna be part of a big group for Fire Emblem Fates. Since you can marry characters in that game I've been written down to take ship pictures Keaton/Nyx. I've never met the guy I'm taking pictures with we have been talking online though. We are looking into ideas for couple poses, we have proposal, hug from behind, carrying bridal style and petting. We need more ideas, also I have a boyfriend so keep it under a certain level please. Also any way to help with the nervousness that comes with all this? We are meeting up before the photoshoot and hanging out for a couple of hours before it too.

The first two things that immediately came to mind are:

1. Establish boundaries, communicate what is and isn't okay. As cute as it might be, if it's something you're not comfortable doing then don't do it and make sure the other person understands and respects this.

2. Since you have a boyfriend, have him come along (if he isn't already). Also, make sure he's cool with it as well.

Basically, communication is key.

As far as ideas go....heh....I'm kinda terrible at coming up with stuff on the go. Basically you can do just about anything as long as everybody is comfortable with it. -shrug-

Edd/Double D - [Ed, Edd, n' Eddy] - 90% / England - [Axis Powers Hetalia] - 95%
Naja Gref - [Sands of Destruction] - 85% / Castiel - [Supernatural] - 95% / Corrin (M) - [FE:F] - 10%

2016/17 Cons: Kumoricon - Newcon PDX - Supernatural Con (Seacon)

Deviantart - Facebook - Tumblr - World Cosplay - Cospix
WondererBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #3
StarsOfCassiopeia
Sparkle & Shine!

^ Agreed on the communication. I've been in cosplay groups with a mix of people I know and don't know, and the key is to make sure everyone is comfortable. Ask before you make any physical contact. If your fellow cosplayer looks uncomfortable, ask.

The fact that you're getting to know each other a bit more beforehand, and the fact that you've got at least a rough plan fleshed out, is suuuuper helpful.
  • Misc. Revamps (Various): 0% (Planning) Otakon 2016
  • Ariel Sail Dress (Disney's Little Mermaid): ??% (Patterning) Summer 2016
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote