Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-31-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

Virtual Cosplay Workshop

So, I just finished up a convention recently working mostly in the cosplay repair station, mostly handling wig repair. Most of the time, it ended up being a mini workshop between me and the cosplayer I was helping. So, it got me thinking. What's the best way to help cosplayers and/or future cosplayers with any questions they might have? And then, like all crazy ideas do, it hit me while I was in the shower washing off hairspray and wig fibers.

What if there was a virtual workshop, like a webinar, for cosplay?

What if once or twice a week, a cosplayer with experience in a particular area, hosted a virtual workshop to answer general or character specific questions about their cosplay?

For example, someone who is skilled in sewing can talk about different kind of fabrics and what kind might work for a certain character, or styling a certain wig, or whatever are most interested in learning about and possibly offer practical demonstrations.

I thought maybe using Tinychat or Google+ would be a good platform, some way to keep it accessible for anyone who wants to join in and learn.

Do you think this would be something people would possibly be interested in? I absolutely love passing on my knowledge to others and helping out in anyway possible so I was wondering if this would be a viable way to do it.

Future Conventions
Comikaze 2014
ALA 2015
WonderCon 2015
Fanime 2015

Future Cosplays
Richard - Looking For Group
Anders - Dragon Age 2
Nui Harime - Kill La Kill
Hiruma - Eyeshield 21

Last edited by Bm-Atticus : 01-31-2016 at 12:30 PM. Reason: +
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Burble-Kraken

I personally would love that! Its always great too have a visual tutorial on how too do something.

Come Check it out!!!

Cosplays In Progress=
Steampunk Belle 20%
Burble-Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2016, 10:51 PM   #3
fabrickind
Aspiring Senpai

This is a good idea.

I personally wouldn't participate (I don't like being on video, and if I were to put that much work into making a video piece, I'd want to be compensated in some way -- maybe by setting up a Patreon or something), but a lot of people like to have video tutorials. You may have trouble finding people willing to do it (or do it for free), since there are already a lot of great cosplayers making videos out there and most people who already want to do something like this might be doing it.
fabrickind is offline   Reply With Quote