Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 09-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #31
ToasterPuppy

Totally near me~ Still a little bit of travel (and I have a weird fear of bridges so I make someone else drive every time...)
Though I totally go to Anime St Louis every year and my group even won a small category in the Masquerade last year.
Love meeting new people~
In Progress for 2013 ASTL:
Sister Evelyn from THE FALL (85%)
Fix It Felix JR (85%)
Deviantart: http://moonchildladyshadow.deviantart.com/

Their greatest error was thinking that they could make us into willing puppets who would fill the thankless
role of your everyday villain without complaint... They were wrong!
ToasterPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #32
MisalovesBassy
Kaiyoyuki

Haha its okay bridges can sometimes freak me out to XD And I may be going to Anime STL, but I have not decided yet. And congrats on winning I have never been to a con, so I have never entered anything, but I think I would be to shy too, I have horrible stage fright o.O
MisalovesBassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #33
ToasterPuppy

It was just a small one but I am going to try my best for a larger category this year X3 If you are proud of your cosplay you should show it off. I am really timid with new people but throw me on a stage and all the pageant training I did as a kid comes out~ I went across the stage with my friend who has panic attacks that have to be monitored with medication and he was just fine...probably because I am a dork who would not shut up at the time.
I am trying to get over my fear of bridges, its just when I was a kid a saw a truck in front of our car flip over the edge of the old bridge. But I am getting better I managed to keep my eyes open going across the bridge last week...just got to work on the breathing part lol
Fix It Felix JR (85%)

Their greatest error was thinking that they could make us into willing puppets who would fill the thankless
Unread 09-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #34
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

ToasterPuppy, I remember your group at Anime St. Louis, I was one of the workmanship judges.

On the subject of masquerades, I'm a really shy person as well with terrible stage fright if you throw me on stage, by myself. Put me in a costume and it's all cool.
khenemetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 04:53 AM   #35
MisalovesBassy
Kaiyoyuki

ToasterPuppy: Jeez seeing a truck flip off a bridge would scare me too o.O and I am so new to cosplay and everything, but for masquerades don't you have to have made the cosplay yourself? I am hiring someone to make mine because I have no idea how to sew (with the exception of making a pillow, I learned that from my FACS class, which ig is like a home ec thing) And wow if your friend can handle it maybe I can XD I luckily don't think I have had many like full blown panic attacks, but I do get really freaked out, plus I have some anxiety problems, so I get freaked out before I am actually in front of people haha
khenemetset: I can't imagine myself actually getting up on a stage in front of people, but maybe I would be able to be less you know stage fight and panic attacky if I was in my cosplay like you XD I think I might be able to do it since the people watching will be cosplayers like me
Unread 09-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #36
ToasterPuppy

@Khenemetset: Yeah! I am so happy that we are remembered (just hopefully not for our Alice's super tantrum she was throwing in the back XD) Going to try to make my Sister Evelyn from The Fall this year for the Masquerade but I doubt anyone will recognize me XD

@Misa: In my group we each have a specialty. Me and another girl machine sew while another friend is the fastest at hand sewing. We try to help each other out as much as possible. We actually had two people in our group who assembled their costumes but bought most of the main pieces while me and three others made it completely from scratch. For the most part the Masquerade is a good chance for people to catch a picture of you without blocking the hallways X3

That being said we are trying to name our group. We have our Slogan:
~I don't always wear a jabot and a fez but when I do I'm about to Cosplay~

Which we plan on doing a Lolita-ish photo shoot but we can not decided between two names:
(1) Periodically Precarious
(2)Dressed Up With No Where To Go

Anyone got any input??
Fix It Felix JR (85%)

Unread 09-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #37
MisalovesBassy
Kaiyoyuki

Defiantly seems like a good idea to have a system like that, but sadly I only have one cosplay friend right now and I think she can kinda sew, but I don't know how well haha. And so what exactly are masquerades? Do you just go on stage to show off your cosplay, or do you do a skit type thing? Haha yeah I am really new to this o.O And as far as the name for the Lolita-ish shoot, I like the first name better, but they are both nice
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #38
ToasterPuppy

Thanks I shall tell the other s about the name.
I had no idea when I went two years ago and really did not understand till this year when I was a part of it. Its kind of like two things but they are separate. One is the actual skits that you speak of, but astl is very lacking for these. I think their may have only been a average of 5 skits each year. Whereas the other part is purely cosplay fashion show. If anything else is unclear feel free to ask. When I first started I wished I had the guts to ask.

Oh and sorry it took so long to reply. Went and saw The Wombats in concert and then promptly was sick the next couple of days XD
Fix It Felix JR (85%)

Unread 02-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #39
NightKuro

I'm going to Anime STL 2013 as Ho-Oh
NightKuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #40
MedievalGirl

I'm here too. Not so into anime but I've done historical costuming for years.
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote