Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 02-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

In progress semi-EGL outfit

I call it "semi-egl" because the design is copied from a dress I saw on an EGL website (I forget which one, but I believe it was the one that sells a good portion of the dresses from the Chobits manga that someone posted the link to on this forum awhile ago...) BUT... I didn't make it quite as full as most EGL, and I changed the apron style. I don't like having really super full skirts because I spend most of the day wondering if I gave someone a peep show on the escalator... The black thread on the apron is intentional. I thought it looked better with a little extra black accent.

I haven't finished the hem yet, so if you see something that needs to be fixed, let me know before I think I'm done with the dress only to have to go back and fix something. Compliments are welcome, too. I'm also wondering what accessories people think might go good with it (but i refuse to wear bonnets, bad childhood memories.)

http://closet.virtue.nu/temp.html

Last edited by DeadLegato : 02-15-2004 at 10:08 PM.
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

First off, I love red. Love it. But on to the dress.... the first link worked, the second wouldn't (at least for me). I really like the black trim with the white lace and heart detail. It really ties it together, with the white apron. I also like the black on the sleeves. What color is the crinoline/petticoat, if you are wearing one? Or bloomers? I ask only because I think it would look nice with the same black trim along the dress hemline, to help pull all the black accents together.

It's absolutely adorable.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 11:50 PM   #3
makonurikoryoko

I think its really cute esp the little lace heart detail thing and great colors. It's prolly just me cause I love the stuff, but I think sticking some lace on that baby would be great ^_^ Maybe some on the apron edge or bottom of the skirt or sleeves? XD But I do love the black trim you used and all that. Very cute design!
mm i eat lace for breakfast!!! XD hehe..
makonurikoryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2004, 04:33 PM   #4
Seraphims
You don't Nyo me

What this for? are you trying to be chii? or are you just making an original outfit? for an original, it's adorable, ir your trying to be chii or freya... I don't think the color works for chii, and the style isn't right for freya. Other then that, very cute
Seraphims is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #5
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

I do kinda like the idea of adding black lace trim along the hem... it's an original design, but i got it off a webpage that also sold a lot of Chii stuff, if that helps clarify for you.
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #6
MakoChan
Soylent Green 4 everyone!

humm... It reminds me first way to chii, or maybe a maid... second way to an EGL Costume...
but it looks really cool, and I am sure, with some accessoires (headpiece or something) it will look like a real EGL

Mata ne
MakoChan

Currently-Sewing-List:
ME-Tan from OS-Tan
MakoChan is offline   Reply With Quote