sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoycosplay View Post
btw this should be in the video game section
Skyrim transcends protocol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #17
MetalArtisan

I finally got to play Skyrim while housesitting for my friends this past week. I made my traditional Argonian spellsword type, who is always my first character in any elder scrolls game.
I think our choices of character creation reflect our secret desires; some people play elves because they want to be beautiful, or warriors because they want to be strong.
Deep down, I just want to be a metal dragon that shoots lightning.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I got it for PC now with Dawnguard and I modded it with various things from overhauling the gameplay to the lighting.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #19
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I binge on Skyrim.

When it first came out I played it day and night for about 3 weeks solid. My character was an Argonian Spellsword, levelled to about 44, about to do the final Anduin quest... then I decided I was just unbelievably bored of it and completely stopped.

A couple of months ago I had a sudden hunger for Skyrim again, so I started a new character, Imperial Warrior, levelled him non-stop to 49 and completed the main quest line. Immediately decided I was bored of it again and haven't touched it since.

It's a fascinating game in that way -- it's obviously unbelievably huge and immersive, with beautifully detailed environments etc, but after a while it just starts to seem so... empty. Even the areas with lots of stuff to do, it all seems a bit 2 dimensional and unengaging. To me at least. I feel the same about all Bethesda open world games though. They've absolutely nailed the sheer scale of the game worlds, but it just feels like it's missing something. I think it's probably because your character is completely devoid of any character or personality. I mean, after about 40 hours of questing across this massive world, clearing ruins of the undead, slaying dragons on mountain tops, fighting civil wars in castle keeps, I sort of stop everything I'm doing and say to myself, "Wait... who the hell am I, and why am I doing any of this?

Still, great game, and it kept me entertained for longer than most other games do, so I can't really complain.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I tend to fly through quests now because my character is broke as hell.
If it were possible I would lend you 1k in gold, as I have just been letting build up. This one of the reasons I chose an imperial, as one of their special traits is locating hiden gold as if it were plain as day.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.strasko
wisetaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I think she meant broke in terms of excessive power, not being skint.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisetaner View Post
If it were possible I would lend you 1k in gold, as I have just been letting build up. This one of the reasons I chose an imperial, as one of their special traits is locating hiden gold as if it were plain as day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I think she meant broke in terms of excessive power, not being skint.
^This.

Sorry for not being clear, I forget not everyone knows my gamer talk. When I said 'broke' I meant that my character is really powerful and easily takes on enemies, not that I don't have gold.

I am a rich mofo.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

I blame this thread for the dream I had just before I woke up this morning.

I was my High Elf mage character, and a vampire sent him a message telling him that he could show him how to get Daedra hearts, which elf man needed for some reason or another. He goes there, acting cocky (read: trying to act tough but being an idiot about it)- because, by Talos, it's just a measly vampire!- and ends up being strangled by one hand as the vampire continues his alchemy work with the other. When he wakes up, he's not only having an out of body experience, but when he comes to, he realizes that the vampire had cut out his heart and replaced it with a Daedra's.

WTH, Skyrim-related thread? WTH?

Yes, this seriously happened. No, I don't really blame the thread.

It was an awesome dream, and I'm glad I had it because it inspired me to write some good stuff.

Random: the Riften house is not work with 10K+ that went into it. I just bougth it to spend money, and to be all Thane-like. I will be the Thane of all the places!

Edit: Pfft. This is totally me and Farkas.
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt

Last edited by ShadowDrac : 08-22-2012 at 02:52 PM.
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #24
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I should get back into it again, especially now my Pc is upgraded and the game is much more stable than before. But I dunno, kinda getting tired of it. Nothing really challenges me in it anymore and I'm so fucking rich I don't even know what to do with it any more.

And I have so many unfinished quests my compass is a nightmare to use.

I became the leader of the companions guild, but it was kind of a let down. One being a werewolf is no where near as fun as it should be, 2 why am I still being given jobs by the others? I'm in charge should I be telling you what to do? I dunno.

Mods are great though. Realistic lighting is perfect, all interrior and cave sections are so much better now they're properly pitch black. You have to use torches and spells to see and if they run out in the middle of a fight you're fucked, just swing wildly and hope you don't hit your dog.

But this is the greatest mod ever.
http://youtu.be/Bifmj1O3D24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #25
Bisected8

Quote:
I should get back into it again, especially now my Pc is upgraded and the game is much more stable than before. But I dunno, kinda getting tired of it. Nothing really challenges me in it anymore and I'm so fucking rich I don't even know what to do with it any more.

And I have so many unfinished quests my compass is a nightmare to use.

I became the leader of the companions guild, but it was kind of a let down. One being a werewolf is no where near as fun as it should be, 2 why am I still being given jobs by the others? I'm in charge should I be telling you what to do? I dunno.

Mods are great though. Realistic lighting is perfect, all interrior and cave sections are so much better now they're properly pitch black. You have to use torches and spells to see and if they run out in the middle of a fight you're fucked, just swing wildly and hope you don't hit your dog.

But this is the greatest mod ever.
http://youtu.be/Bifmj1O3D24
...you do realise that you can untag quests you don't want to pay attention to at the moment?

Also, the other greatest mod ever.

And a really crappy mod. Which I made.

Unread 08-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #26
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
...you do realise that you can untag quests you don't want to pay attention to at the moment?

Also, the other greatest mod ever.

And a really crappy mod. Which I made.
Yes but if I untag them then I'll forget about them and they'll never get finished.

It's gotten to the point where often i'll just be talking to a stranger and they'll go

"Oh yes theres that thing I've been looking for." or "Thanks for killing that for me. Have some gold"

Ok... I don't even remember what I was doing for you but fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
Bisected8

Quote:
Yes but if I untag them then I'll forget about them and they'll never get finished.

It's gotten to the point where often i'll just be talking to a stranger and they'll go

"Oh yes theres that thing I've been looking for." or "Thanks for killing that for me. Have some gold"

Ok... I don't even remember what I was doing for you but fine.
I've never had the problem. I just go through my list, look at what needs doing and clear a few of them at a time, usually by proximity. Unless it's a dungeon dive, of course. That's something you need to sort your inventory out after.

Unread 08-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #28
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

lol I broke the game and decided to stop for a while. I did play a lot of hours of it before I got bored though.

Now I have time for other games!

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #29
Gunslinger1888

I'm playing. Up to lvl 24. Anyone is welcome to add me on Steam. My profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066914674
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #30
Kagomekai

I haven't played since my boyfriend's computer crashed the first time. The data was not retrievable and we both lost our Skyrim characters :'( I plan to start over soon but I lost my awesome character and haven't touched the game for months.
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote