Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 10-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Zeig

Question Armor help needed!

I'm New to Cosplay but Halloween gt me into it after i made an iron man arc reactor. Now i'd like to build the whole suit!

I've read some tutorials but im not sure what material to use, i've read that for the best finish I should use foam and then put plastic over it, but looking at this thread (http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-ma...d-foam-164738/) the armor looks great without any plastic!
any advice on this?

Also, i wanted to know what kind of foam is used in the above link, i seem to see it a lot but haven't found any how-to's or tutorials on using it.

Lastly i'm fairly skilled when it comes to trial and error, and crafting things, but i'm not quite sure where to start with this project. That is, what should be used to hold the pieces together (assuming im using this gray foam mentioned above).

I plan to make the full suit with working (mabye even extra) lights, as well as full servos to control the faceplate and flight stabilizers controlled by an Arduino. I have the technical know-how, i just need some more cosplay construction know-how!

So please if you could answer any of the above i'd GREATLY appreciate it, as well as give any advice or links to things pertaining to my project!

Thank you!

P.S. please no "go do some reading" comments... i'm reading quite a bit already..you go read..punk..
Zeig is offline   Reply With Quote