Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Candid-Ishida
~Timeless~

Cosplay.com Wig Shop - No Reply/Poor Customer Service??

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question... But, has anyone else purchased wigs from the Cosplay.com shop and had trouble getting a hold of their customer service? Or, what was your experience with the Cosplay.com shop? Good? Bad?
I purchased a wig over a week ago and it has not shipped, and I have had NO luck contacting the customer service. I got one e-mail saying they would "look into it" but after that, nothing... No answers to my phone messages, and no one ever answers the phone. I've tried calling at all different times of day over the past 3 days.
I used the store when it was still Cosworx and remember having a really good experience and my wig was beautiful and just what I wanted. I'm wondering if the management has changed... and does anyone know some other way to contact the shop besides the main e-mail and phone number??
I would really appreciate any help/advice because I need my wig in the next 2 weeks and there's no sign of it ever coming!!
Candid-Ishida is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Sirius-chan
Sintra Lover =3

I would check the merchant review thread but I've seen a lot of reviews where people have had bad luck with them.

Tsubaki: Blazblue

Maya: Persona 2

Cons:

Dragon*COn
AWA
Momo
Sirius-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I agree with the above poster. I have seen many people commenting on how Cosplay.com's shopping seems to be a "scam." Poor customer service, items not being shipped, slow communication, etc. The only thing someone mentioned was they personally got through on the phone with someone in the morning time. They suggested to someone else to try to call around then. They too, received a "look into it" response. They also mentioned that leaving messages on the company's answering service received no results and just gets ignored. Unfortunately, the best advice I can give it seems is to keep calling.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
smoreface

The wig shop that used to be cosworx? I've ordered from them plenty of times and I've always recieved my order atleast 2-3 weeks from my order date.
smoreface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #5
Yessi
Pleated Skirts edition

I ordered my wig and extensions a month and a half ago, and I've received the extensions, but not the wig. No response to my emails since :/ it was my first time ordering a wig, so it was a real let down. Hopefully you get yours soon, i sure hope it isnt a scam.
♥Makise Kurisu
♥Matoi Ryuko
Feel free to add me!
Yessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
candyintherain

Cosworx is now called Epic Cosplay, they have excellent wigs and customer service. Arda wigs also has a really good reputation. Don't order through coscom anymore, they get lots of bad reviews, but they just delete the threads about them.
candyintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #7
smoreface

It's a shame. I dont think that cosworx was ready to handle more orders than they usually used to get. It always took 2-3 weeks for me to recieve my wig.
smoreface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
Candid-Ishida
~Timeless~

I did finally receive my wig after PMing the Cosplay.com Admin several times. It arrived so late, though, I'm still not sure if I'll have it styled in time, I've been working really hard on it...
Candid-Ishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Makes me glad I've never ordered from Coscom.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:54 AM   #10
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessi View Post
I ordered my wig and extensions a month and a half ago, and I've received the extensions, but not the wig. No response to my emails since :/ it was my first time ordering a wig, so it was a real let down. Hopefully you get yours soon, i sure hope it isnt a scam.
I'm glad I'm not the only one only I haven't received a thing.

I ordered on Sept 5th, about 3 weeks later I began emailing and calling because I've never NOT had something arrive from them. I've always gotten everything in a week (I'm in MD).

It took me to write "FINAL NOTICE" in the subject line to get anyone's attention... a couple days later after being sent. They did man up, a wig was out of stock, and refunded that part, but I have yet to receive anything from my large order. They are wefts and well... I'd like them so that I can start some projects.

I just sent another email tonight asking for an update. I'm now pushing the "90 day" threshold for Paypal, so I'd like to get this resolved quickly before I have to dispute. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm kinda..... upset.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
dizzylizzy
I sew things

I just want to update my situation. I received my items yesterday (11/29/11). I've only waited since.... Sept 5th.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #12
Yessi
Pleated Skirts edition

Jeeze :/ Im glad you guys got your items, though! I should try what you guys did, and maybe send even more emails. I really need to learn to put my foot down XD;;
And also its good to know that Cosworx is Epic Cosplay now, I thought they just disappeared. Newbie mistake, I guess.
But I certainly wont ever order from Coscom again, this is just ridiculous.
♥Makise Kurisu
♥Matoi Ryuko
Feel free to add me!
Yessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #13
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

That's not entirely correct. Epic Cosplay is a separate wig company; Cosworx was carrying their wigs as exclusives, in addition to the New Look brand, until they dissolved "Cosworx" and changed it to "cosplay.com shopping."

There were quite a few threads raging about unreliable shipping and bad customer service in the wig forum, but that was before they changed everything around again, dropping Epic and carrying their own custom line which is in pre-orders now. I still say take it with a grain of salt until enough people can report that their service has improved.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
Indubitably

Cosplay.com wig store

Edit

My suggestion is to call first thing in the morning. I have no idea what size of an operation they run, but I've only gotten through in the mornings twice and spoke to the same guy. It may be that he's the only one, and when I was getting a mix up straightened out, I heard him rifle through the wigs so he may also be the one packaging the wigs.

I still warn against using cosplay.com.

P.S. They let me keep the wig they sent me by mistake.

Last edited by Indubitably : 03-02-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Indubitably is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
Anne Dyari
Digital Artist

Having same issue.

I bought from them a few years back with no issue, so I didn't think to check service reviews.
I ordered a wig on May 5th, just over a week ago, and decided to call and ask when I never got an email about it being shipped.
I called on the 9th just before the line closed and got a hold of a guy who told me that my wig was being shipped in and would be shipped out to me on Friday. So far, nothing. I sent an email two days ago and I've been trying the line today with no response.
(I may be a little hasty, but I'd like to get it a week before FanimeCon in two weeks)

Really disappointed in the service.
Anne Dyari is offline   Reply With Quote