Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 05-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Bloo
Make It Big

Fun Exercise Routines?

So I definitely need to exercise more, but I'm having trouble getting moving because I get bored really easily. What do you guys do to stay active and have fun while slimming down all at the same time?
Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
So I definitely need to exercise more, but I'm having trouble getting moving because I get bored really easily. What do you guys do to stay active and have fun while slimming down all at the same time?
Biking. Good cardio and changing scenery. The only downside is it's very dependent on the weather.
Gunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #3
Bloo
Make It Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
Biking. Good cardio and changing scenery. The only downside is it's very dependent on the weather.
I live in Seattle...the weather is very fickle and quite often rainy. Though if the sun does shine, I should do that!
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
lemuries

I'm afraid the most fun I've had is when I go to the gym and use their "cardio cinema" room. They have a bunch of machines in stadium seating setup while they project a movie on a huge screen and the room is amplified to project the sound over the sounds of our exercise machines.

A couple of times I've gotten so into watching that I didn't realize my time was up.
lemuries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
Fei-Hung

Find some fun easy motions like light punching and kicking that you can do all throughout the day.

If you do 30 front kicks or leg raises and then thirty side kicks or leg raises on each leg and like 60 punches your heart rate will be up and you can stretch. Even if you just do that once or twice a day it will dramatically increase your metabolism heart health and physical fitness.

This kind of thing is super quick and fun and you can do it while watching youtube or whatever.

I use my nunchaku to keep my metabolism up when I am lazy. having a tool, toy or circus prop is good. All the jugglers I know are super lean and not all of them started off like that.

https://twitter.com/NinjaSaizo

Come network with us about cosplay and more on Twitter and Youtube.
Fei-Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #6
ElphabaWeasley

Zumba is one of my favorites! Never a boring moment! Here's a link to a masterpost of a bunch of routines to familiar songs that I found on Tumblr: http://394afterallthistime.tumblr.co...ss-master-list
ElphabaWeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
Bloo
Make It Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemuries View Post
I'm afraid the most fun I've had is when I go to the gym and use their "cardio cinema" room. They have a bunch of machines in stadium seating setup while they project a movie on a huge screen and the room is amplified to project the sound over the sounds of our exercise machines.

A couple of times I've gotten so into watching that I didn't realize my time was up.
WHERE ARE THESE PLACES I WANT TO GO TO ONE???
Unread 05-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemuries View Post

That actually sounds awesome!
Gunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 04:44 AM   #9
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

I recently started playing Dance Central 3 on Xbox360 Kinect (oh how game dancing has moved on from the days of Dance Dance Revolution) & am having a lot of fun with it actually. It "can" actually teach you to dance. Is a lot of grinding if you have zero skills in dancing like me, but some of us have to practice lots to be good right.

The rehearsal mode allows for continuous repeating & slow motion until you get the moves right. Game & hardware is cheap since they've been around for a long while now & it's not subject to the outside weather. More songs can be downloaded too.

Since I'm going to be cosplaying a Vocaloid it doesn't hurt to have some dance moves ready lol.

Last edited by han-Vu : 05-10-2014 at 04:47 AM.
han-Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #10
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I take ballet classes, and a lot of walks.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #11
shumi31

I guess swimming is a very good choice of exercise.
shumi31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #12
MagnusBeasticus

I exercise while I play video games or in between episodes... I have even formulated entire routines to certain video games. If you have any interest in playing games I highly recommend this.
MagnusBeasticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #13
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

I live in the Tacoma area so I totally hear ya about the rain!! Luckily it's sunny today but we are all so fair skinned, I have to wait until later tonight to go outside without sunscreen!

I am a big fan of working out at home. If you like to dance, I would highly recommend TurboFire. I did it last winter and it was so much fun. It was like I was dancing and kick boxing and having a party all at once. =)

Let me know if want to know about that! Im currently doing T25, it's not as "dance-party fun" but you get in and push hard for 25 minutes a day (5 days a week only) and you're done for the day. =)

| edward elric [fullmetal alchemist] 0% | duo maxwell [gundam wing] 50% |
| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| princess ariel's pink gown [the little mermaid] (planning) |
| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
nevershutsupkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #14
kandell
the cookie angel

I use my elliptical while watching anime. It's a great way to get a solid 20 minutes in without really paying attention to the time :]

Anime Iowa '14
Asuna Yuuki
Ren Hakuei
Sam Manson

Nebraskon '14
Erza Scarlet
Sailor Moon
Femme!Simon Tam
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #15
Bloo
Make It Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandell View Post
I use my elliptical while watching anime. It's a great way to get a solid 20 minutes in without really paying attention to the time :]
That actually sounds like a p good idea. I just wish my gym had wifi or something...