Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 05-18-2015, 04:26 AM   #1
TetoraCosplay

[Story] Never give up

Hey guys

Where should I start. Let's start with my health. It is no excuse, but due to being sick (not wanting to go into detail) for years and never getting a positive message that it got better, I just didn't care about my body anymore. In the end I weighted 113kg (249lb) and I'm honest. I definitely did not feel well in that body and it was my own fault.
About 2 months ago, I finally got the message that my body started to partially recover. Laugh if you want, but that was one of the happiest moment in my life. I was finally happy again and saw a reason to go on and live a happy life instead of wasting it.

Starting with the goal to be more active, I attended a "fantasy" convention in Basel last weekend. I met a lot of great cosplayers (hope few of them read this) and I loved it. I don't know, but somewhere deep inside I started to admire them / you guys. You work hard and have a goal in front of you. The time and effort you put into your costume / gear, the passion you share and being open to randoms is incredible.
I also wanted to have something like that. So I started to read in forums and ended up in this section in the end. The fitness subthread.
It really moved me that some of you guys also work hard for your own bodies in order to fit for the character.

I don't think my story has a start and end.... oh well, let's just go on. After seeing and reading all those stories, I finally want to get in shape for myself too. In order to being able to cosplay the character I love. Trafalgar Law.
It's thanks to you guys, that I have a goal in my life again. (next to some other ones of course) I just wanted to thank you for (even if indirectly) leading me out of the darkness I lived. I hope, that I'll reach my goal sooner or later and become a part of this community.

It's not much, but I can proudly say, that I'm already down to 106kg (233lb).
I care about my meals and drinks now. Means less meat / fat, lots of vegetables and fruits and normally tea and water only. (sometimes soda too but only ~5dl per week, if at all)
With this less attention, I realized, that I can do it. After reading the stories of you guys, I'm definitely motivated to do more in order to reach my goal. Starting from today on, I'll work out 3x a week. (Cardio) It's kinda hard since I didn't work out for a really long time, but it feels great. I finally feel alive again and I'm motivated to go on like that.

Once again, thank you for being a great community and of course for reading all this.
TetoraCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote