Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 06-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #136
Drazhar

Just remember the above when you look at that scale everyone!
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #137
neoPootling
*regular doer of good*

thanks, draz!
=D
neoPootling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #138
Drazhar

You guys having better luck keeping with it than I am?

*grumbles about antibiotics and side effects and wanting to exercise and get everything in order again*
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #139
cblack77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
You guys having better luck keeping with it than I am?

*grumbles about antibiotics and side effects and wanting to exercise and get everything in order again*
Alas, no. I have been feeling under the weather this week. I also twisted my knee doing a stretch incorrectly and so I have been letting that heal so I don't injure it. I'll be back at it either tomorrow or Monday.
Hope you feel better!
Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan): 0%

Cons:
Aki-Con 2013
Sakura-Con 2014
cblack77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #140
Drazhar

Finally clear of antibiotics and in a fresh week. I'm just going to start all over, so expect another Fit Test!

(once the doors are closed and I can turn on the air conditioning and actually be semi comfortable.... and I'm done taking the car in for a service)

Anyone else ready?
Unread 08-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #141
chupachan

Hey Drazhar and all other fellow Insanity enthusiasts! Just wondering how everyone has been doing since it's been awhile since anyone (myself included) has posted in here. I haven't been with the program due to another workout program taking up 2-3 hours every day. However, with Matsuricon less than 3 weeks away (yikes!) I am trying to add Insanity back in to help whip my butt into shape by then. My main problem is that I'd like to do it before work in the morning, which will require me to get up at 5 am every day....which is not awesome. 5am is a painful time of day. Been there, done that, hoped to never do it again, but as we all know REAL results take REAL effort. So wish me luck, and I'll do my best!
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #142
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachan View Post
Hey Drazhar and all other fellow Insanity enthusiasts! Just wondering how everyone has been doing since it's been awhile since anyone (myself included) has posted in here. I haven't been with the program due to another workout program taking up 2-3 hours every day. However, with Matsuricon less than 3 weeks away (yikes!) I am trying to add Insanity back in to help whip my butt into shape by then. My main problem is that I'd like to do it before work in the morning, which will require me to get up at 5 am every day....which is not awesome. 5am is a painful time of day. Been there, done that, hoped to never do it again, but as we all know REAL results take REAL effort. So wish me luck, and I'll do my best!
1: you got this!
2: I'm adjusting to a new medication and eating pattern, so my energy is all over the place
3: I'm heading out on a five day vacation in less than two weeks, so I'll kick things into place after the vacation is over
4: I'm also looking into MAYBE Focus T25, but that's even crazier than Insanity!

On the plus side, my weight is coming down steadily.
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #143
Drazhar

Yo everybody, Drazhar here.

Got a call from my doctor's office today, they wanted me to come in for some appointment to discuss lab results. I went in and canceled the appointment and got the results printed out.

Now I know why I haven't been able to finish the Fit Test worth a damn.

Y'know that awesome substance Vitamin D? How it can decrease joint pain and boost mood?

So a healthy level is from 30-100 ng/mL.

Mine is currently 16 ng/mL.

I'll be supplementing for a few weeks to get my body back.

Sorry I can't keep hitting it properly! I'll just do some yoga until I can get crazy again!
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #144
chupachan

Hope you get to feeling better, Draz. And thanks for the encouragement! I've been getting up early to squeeze in one of the shorter Insanity workouts, and I've given a couple of the Focus T25 Beta workouts a go. That program is no joke! Beta Speed 2.0 in particular was a nice challenge. In addition, I've been doing 1 1/2 hours cardio at work (bike/elliptical/treadmill) followed by a 3-mile run home. Now I just have to get more strength training in...though if I can start fitting in an Insanity "Max" workout in the morning, that might be enough!
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #145
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachan View Post
Hope you get to feeling better, Draz. And thanks for the encouragement! I've been getting up early to squeeze in one of the shorter Insanity workouts, and I've given a couple of the Focus T25 Beta workouts a go. That program is no joke! Beta Speed 2.0 in particular was a nice challenge. In addition, I've been doing 1 1/2 hours cardio at work (bike/elliptical/treadmill) followed by a 3-mile run home. Now I just have to get more strength training in...though if I can start fitting in an Insanity "Max" workout in the morning, that might be enough!
... damn.
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #146
Zeverae

Hello everybody!
I recently decided that I needed to step up and start exercising more than I am now and thus I have turned to dear old Insanity. I must be crazy to want to do this, but hey, no one ever did tell me I was sane...

I plan on ordering the program soon (like today or tomorrow) and getting started ASAP because....well I just Want to really.

Anyway, I read through this thread and it has been very motivating for me. I can't wait to get started, and I'll check back in here to see how everyone is doing and to update on my progress.

By the way, I'm 17 years old, female, 5 feet tall (about 152 cm), and currently weigh 110 pounds.
I weigh around the amount I should, but the part of my body that I wish had definition (my stomach area), doesn't have it. It's just flab smothering my ab muscles at the moment...
It's off-putting for me. But I'll fix that soon enough ;D

Cosplays:
Rin Kagamine: Vocaloid - Finished
Nagisa Motomiya: AKB0048 - In construction
Naru Ayase: Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live - In construction

Future Cosplay Ideas:
Minami Takahashi (Takamina): AKB0048
Sonata Shinonome (Sonati): AKB0048 understudy
Zeverae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #147
DarkusAngelus
seanstartrunning

I'm going to start on Insanity again and this time push right through to the end. First time, I went through the first month straight, and I did slim down a bit. I got past recovery week and the first week of the second month, but freakin' vacation threw me off.

I'll be back with Fit Test numbers tomorrow!
DarkusAngelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #148
DarkusAngelus
seanstartrunning

Here are my Day 1 Fit Test results:
Switch Kicks: 65
Power Jacks: 52
Power Knees: 90
Power Jumps: 20
Globe Jumps: 7
Suicide Jumps: 18
Push-Up Jacks: 20
Low Plank Oblique: 50

My shoes were slipping on the floor during that low plank like crazy. Swear I could have done more reps if I had the traction.
DarkusAngelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #149
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkusAngelus View Post
Here are my Day 1 Fit Test results:
Switch Kicks: 65
Power Jacks: 52
Power Knees: 90
Power Jumps: 20
Globe Jumps: 7
Suicide Jumps: 18
Push-Up Jacks: 20
Low Plank Oblique: 50

My shoes were slipping on the floor during that low plank like crazy. Swear I could have done more reps if I had the traction.

Now on the switch kicks, is that counting 2 = 1 as the book says, or 1 = 1 like they do in the video?
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #150
TorrieKat
TorrieKat

i really need to start working out.
Pastel goth Damara(homestuck)
Junko Enoshima ( dangan Ronpa)
TorrieKat is offline   Reply With Quote