Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #16
Drazhar

As I get ready to have something to eat prior to Plyometric Cardio Circuit, I wonder what others want to see out of this.

I had at one point thought about workouts on tinychat, but never really got anywhere with it due to lack of interest amongst friends.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #17
Drazhar

Full disclosure, I fell off the wagon after I succeeded in pulling something during the Fit Test last time, so I haven't done anything in a few days.

Starting again today. (had a crazy weekend and then Borderlands 2 came out)
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #18
Drazhar

Anyone else doing this and want to share results?
Unread 10-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
shios
u wot m8

I actually did P90X for 2 months earlier this year. I definitely built some muscle, but the fat I was hoping to lose alongside it wasn't going anywhere. I had a lot going on in my life in the middle of the year so I just stopped altogether.

A week ago though I started doing more cardio. I now ride my bike 15 miles a day, burning ~500 calories daily. My goal is to go from 185-165lbs. by March. Once all of that fat is gone, I'm going to try and bulk up a little bit.

People tell me it's easier to go from fat to muscular, but in the 2 months that I did P90X I gained about 10 lbs. of muscle and my BMI didn't go down at all. So I decided to just bite the bullet at do straight cardio for a few months then start P90X again.

What are your thoughts on Insanity? You've got great results man. My only problem with it is that I have to work out at home and I get distracted REALLY easily. Occasionally when doing P90X I look over at the computer and see facebook notifications or I hear the speakers when someone messages me on Skype and I go check it. Usually for 10-15 minutes. When I'm out on my bike though, there's nothing I can do but ride.
shios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #20
Drazhar

Full honesty? I haven't done it in a little bit. I'm planning on a full reboot in the next couple of days (aka when my shoulders aren't sore from a heavy weekend of trooping ((costuming for charity purposes))), but it's not that hard. I fullscreen what I'm doing and let Shaun T do the motivating. Him and those other insane people who are still so much better than I am. Not sure but I think Shaun T is more motivational than Tony Horton, no offense to Tony.

This definitely is almost pure cardio though, I imagine if I controlled my diet better I'd have even greater results, but we'll see when I weigh myself in for the start again.
Unread 10-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #21
You Mirin
Order out of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
This definitely is almost pure cardio though, I imagine if I controlled my diet better I'd have even greater results, but we'll see when I weigh myself in for the start again.
Basing my opinion on an infomercial I saw, the movements are more plyometric than cardio; cardio being an aftereffect for the 'out of shape.' With that said, best wishes. I would recommend becoming a certified personal trainer by simply passing a very expensive exam, then using what you've learned to get yourself ripped in an informed fashion.
You Mirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
chupachan

So I finally started doing Insanity on a regular basis, and I do not regret it! I skipped straight ahead to month 2, and I usually add in some running or elliptical afterwards, but I've been doing the scheduled workouts 5-6 days a week (I usually skip Max Recovery and just go for a long run). I was in pretty good shape to begin with, but the workouts are getting easier, I can feel myself getting stronger, my roommate has noticed slight changes in my body shape, and I finally dropped the 5 lbs I was determined to lose! To any skeptics out there, I recommend giving Insanity a good two weeks before writing it off. I'll go ahead and put up my "before" photo, but I'm going to stick with Insanity a little longer before posting an "after."

chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #23
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachan View Post
So I finally started doing Insanity on a regular basis, and I do not regret it! I skipped straight ahead to month 2, and I usually add in some running or elliptical afterwards, but I've been doing the scheduled workouts 5-6 days a week (I usually skip Max Recovery and just go for a long run). I was in pretty good shape to begin with, but the workouts are getting easier, I can feel myself getting stronger, my roommate has noticed slight changes in my body shape, and I finally dropped the 5 lbs I was determined to lose! To any skeptics out there, I recommend giving Insanity a good two weeks before writing it off. I'll go ahead and put up my "before" photo, but I'm going to stick with Insanity a little longer before posting an "after."

Because before wasn't good enough... lol

Now I feel more motivated.

Round 2... FIGHT!
Unread 10-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
Reggie-Elle

Just Started Today

Hi All!

Keep up the good work and fingers crossed for those needing to get back on the bandwagon. i just started today and I don't think I know what I'm getting into. I finished the fit test, but i was pretty spent by the time i got to the plank oblique. I think I pulled something in my shoulder during the kicks (I know...1st exercise). It doesn't feel to bad. Nothing a few aspirin won't take care of.

I guess that's it for now.
Reggie-Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #25
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie-Elle View Post
Hi All!

Keep up the good work and fingers crossed for those needing to get back on the bandwagon. i just started today and I don't think I know what I'm getting into. I finished the fit test, but i was pretty spent by the time i got to the plank oblique. I think I pulled something in my shoulder during the kicks (I know...1st exercise). It doesn't feel to bad. Nothing a few aspirin won't take care of.

I guess that's it for now.
Keep us updated with your progress! I want to see how others do while I take a short break for another routine. (Weak joints didn't take kindly to pushing back in when I did, so I'm on a low impact regimen for the next three months)
Unread 11-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #26
chupachan

Personal Update! I've been continuing Insanity a minimum of 5 days a week, rotating Max Circuit, Max Plyo, Max Conditioning, and Max Sports. My weight has been a steady 135, which is ideal for me, and I've been getting stronger and stronger. My waste has gone down about 1/2 inch, which I honestly didn't believe was possible, and the HUGE thing for me is that I can now do curl ups! I have never been able to do any type of pull up before in my life, despite the strength training routines I've tried, so to me, this is the greatest thing ever! I feel incredibly proud of myself, and despite how cheesy it is, I am grateful to the Insanity team and everyone who has inspired me to make this possible. Special thanks to Drazhar for being so inspiring and encouraging. I'll keep you updated!
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #27
Reggie-Elle

Day 4

Hi All!

Thanks for the reply Drazhar! It helps to have others understand.

It's day 4 for me and I'm struggling. I have been doing my workouts super late at night...Mainly because I dread it all day. I'm going to have to change up the time because it's now midnight and I had to force myself to put on workout clothes 5 minutes ago and am now doing everything I can think of to not start working out.

It's awful. I'm not in the best of shape by any means (no health problems though), but I'm no newbie to working out. Even still, I'm not just exhausted when I finish, I feel like...IO don't even know what I feel like, but it's not good. I had to split plyometric (day 1) into 2 parts because I was so tired halfway through. Last night, I just knew I would vomit (sorry if TMI), but luckily I didn't. I can however tell I'm getting in a groove because I'm stopping less often and don't feel like total garbage at the end.

I find myself looking in mirrors hoping by the mercy of God and Shawn T that I look different somewhere because it sure as heck makes me feel like I should feel different.

Well, Here goes nothing...Pure Cardio, I plan to bring it and I know you do too.

Night All!
Reggie-Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #28
RedKiri
the Digger

Nice job dude! Can't wait to see more results!

I my self am using a beachbody program (P90x) and I plan on getting the asylum afterwards. These programs make you dig deep but damn they work. First month I ended up losing 10% body fat~ Still workin' at it everyday though, keep on pushing dude! Maybe if I get confident enough, I'll post my results. :P
Yotsuba!(Rule 63B) & Danbo - [Momocon 2013]
Takuto Tsunashi(Star Driver) -[AWA 2013]

Like my cosplay facebook page if you love bishounens~ <3
www.facebook.com/redkiri
RedKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #29
Drazhar

For the time being I'm doing a round of DDP Yoga, I'll show my results when that's over, then I'll head back to Insanity for another round (had some knee troubles trying to get started again so the yoga should strengthen me for another around of Insanity)

I'm glad to see so many others are enjoying Beachbody stuff, I was worried I'd be alone on this board lol!
Unread 11-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #30
chupachan

After really getting into Insanity, other workouts just seem so....unsatisfying haha. I did however take a couple days off so I could devote more time to running while the weather was actually nice, but I'm excited to get back to Insanity tomorrow!