Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 05-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #91
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploxerdon View Post
Yeah the floor is kinda hard, so i guess thats the cause of my problems.
Next time i will put something on the floor or something like that if i try this one again.
If you're following the schedule, that will be in three days.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #92
ploxerdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
If you're following the schedule, that will be in three days.
Not looking forward to it XD
Ah well, i hope i will make it this time.

Edit: doing another exercise at the moment, and my feet are okay but my calves heard...
apparently its normal though, so i will just dig deeper and push it i guess.

Last edited by ploxerdon : 05-27-2013 at 08:15 AM.
ploxerdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #93
chupachan

Even though you weren't technically running, this is a possible explanation for the pain you experienced
http://www.runnersworld.com/barefoot...t-run-barefoot
Minimalist/barefoot exercise is fine IF done properly, including proper transition, but it is up to everyone to decide what works best for you.
If you're not accustomed to daily exercise you'll have some soreness. If you suspect you have actually torn something or injured yourself, stop. Otherwise it is perfectly fine to exercise sore muscles. Good luck!
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #94
ploxerdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachan View Post
Even though you weren't technically running, this is a possible explanation for the pain you experienced
http://www.runnersworld.com/barefoot...t-run-barefoot
Minimalist/barefoot exercise is fine IF done properly, including proper transition, but it is up to everyone to decide what works best for you.
If you're not accustomed to daily exercise you'll have some soreness. If you suspect you have actually torn something or injured yourself, stop. Otherwise it is perfectly fine to exercise sore muscles. Good luck!
I am currently wearing shoes, and the pain in the feet is gone (Thanks Drazhar!)
Ah yeah its just sore.. i guess i should just keep going and if i train more the pain might be lessen so i actually can train my stamina itself better... Though, i guess this is a sign i am training my muscles the right way?
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #95
Drazhar

Quote:
I am currently wearing shoes, and the pain in the feet is gone (Thanks Drazhar!)
Ah yeah its just sore.. i guess i should just keep going and if i train more the pain might be lessen so i actually can train my stamina itself better... Though, i guess this is a sign i am training my muscles the right way?
Pretty much, and you're welcome!

You'll feel a lot better by the last week of Month 1, then you get a whole recovery week, then Month 2 begins and you curse Shaun T all over again... trust me. Worth it in the end.
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #96
ploxerdon

Quote:
Pretty much, and you're welcome!

You'll feel a lot better by the last week of Month 1, then you get a whole recovery week, then Month 2 begins and you curse Shaun T all over again... trust me. Worth it in the end.
Ah ok i see.

Yeah, i already cursed him today when my leg hurted... XD
But yeah i will just continue and hope i will be able to make it... I mean, i never did anything that contains heavy exercise before, only football.
But i will keep trying to reach my goal, and i will push and push until i make it.
Maybe this will be first time ever i will be muscular.
Unread 05-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #97
ploxerdon

Did the cardio recovery, the first exercise excluding the fit test i was able to finish until the end.
Wow, i believe i have never ever sweat so much before... i saw drips of sweat falling from my head, first time i have seen that before..
Ah well, i guess sweat means you are doing it right so sweat is good, right?
But yeah, cosplay really keeps me motivated, planning on cosplaying for the first time end of august and i don't want to be fat when i cosplay Sasuke Uchiha.

So yeah, i will keep going, and i will post again in a few days.
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #98
Drazhar

Quote:
Did the cardio recovery, the first exercise excluding the fit test i was able to finish until the end.
Wow, i believe i have never ever sweat so much before... i saw drips of sweat falling from my head, first time i have seen that before..
Ah well, i guess sweat means you are doing it right so sweat is good, right?
But yeah, cosplay really keeps me motivated, planning on cosplaying for the first time end of august and i don't want to be fat when i cosplay Sasuke Uchiha.

So yeah, i will keep going, and i will post again in a few days.
Keep at it! I'm waiting until after my next con to start so I don't have a four day delay... hoping my heart rate monitor arrives too.
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #99
ploxerdon

Quote:
Keep at it! I'm waiting until after my next con to start so I don't have a four day delay... hoping my heart rate monitor arrives too.
Ah ok i see, good luck then!
I hope for you that it arrives on time.

If i am done with insanity and i want to keep exercise, are you supposed to re do the whole insanity thing again?
Unread 05-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #100
Drazhar

Quote:
Ah ok i see, good luck then!
I hope for you that it arrives on time.

If i am done with insanity and i want to keep exercise, are you supposed to re do the whole insanity thing again?
Usually you're supposed to take a month between cycles, or so I've read over and over again.

You could try picking individual things and using them for that time.
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #101
ploxerdon

Quote:
Usually you're supposed to take a month between cycles, or so I've read over and over again.

You could try picking individual things and using them for that time.
Ah ok i see.
Well, i will try to finish the first cycle first XD
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #102
rainbowxfishy

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo whats this insanity thing ?
im trying to tone up and reduce fat. im 5'1 and weigh 96 lbs but i used to be 160. but now im flabby. i have a con at the end of august so im hoping to get results by then.
rainbowxfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #103
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowxfishy View Post
im trying to tone up and reduce fat. im 5'1 and weigh 96 lbs but i used to be 160. but now im flabby. i have a con at the end of august so im hoping to get results by then.
tl;dr of it, is 63 days of crazy exercise, you follow along and do things right and you're guaranteed results.

August is plenty of time to give it a run, but you have to be ready to give it 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaqM9FzpB_I

DIG DEEPER!
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #104
MinTako

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowxfishy View Post
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm 161cm (5'3ish?) and weigh 47kg (103lb), which is pretty much the same build. I've got a flabby stomach I want to get rid of so badly. I started Insanity about week ago now to lose weight for a con at the end of August/beginning of September. So far I havent seen any difference but I can feel a difference. I can already feel that I have a lot more energy and that I'm a lot 'stronger', if that makes sense. I can feel the physical effects of the workout, I guess it'll probably just take a bit longer before I actually SEE any of it though.
From what I've seen of other peoples results, it should definitely be worth it.

There arent a lot of stomach exercises involved from what I've done so far, so I've been doing a few on the side so that I will have a more toned stomach for when I shed that little stubborn layer of fat I have on my stomach.

Last edited by MinTako : 06-01-2013 at 04:02 AM.
MinTako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #105
Drazhar

To be perfectly fair, you see more of the results visibly in Month 2 than in Month 1. It just seems to be how it works.

On a semi-related note, my heart rate monitor not only arrived, but it kicks ass!

It will track how long my workout lasts, average heart rate, max heart rate, and CALORIES BURNED!