Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > Commissions for Hire

Unread 08-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Fate/COSPLAY Commissions <3

Here are some examples of my work, just click on the thumbnails!

For progress pictures of current projects as well as completed works, reviews, and updates, visit my facebook. PLEASE, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY~

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!

Availability:
January: FULL
February: FULL
March: FULL
April: FULL
May: FULL
June: OPEN
July: OPEN
August: OPEN

PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR A QUOTE (I will not respond PM's)
fate.cosplay@gmail.com

COMMISSION REQUEST FORM:
Cosplay.com user name:
DEADLINE:
Second deadline (being a later date than the first):
Character:
Series:
PLEASE ATTACH/LINK REFERENCE IMAGES:

MEASUREMENTS (US measurements):
*Height
*Weight
*Bust/bra size if you're female
*Waist
*Hips
*Sleeve
*Leg/pant length
*Shoulder to shoulder

WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Please specify what you need.
*Outfit (fabric elements)
*Wig
*Jewelry/accessories
*Prop/weapon
*Shoes/shoe covers
*Anything else?

Payment method:
POSTAL/ZIP CODE/LOCATION:

Hello!

I am available to make cosplay costumes, accessories and wigs! Whether it's simple or complex, I am here to help. I am a commissioner and I hand make pieces to custom fit YOUR measurements and wants/needs - specifications. I've been cosplaying and sewing since 2003. I am self taught but I have taken some classes at FIDM and AIP. I've also worked in costuming with Disney (with costumes not in them) so I've spent a lot of time studying Disney costumes and construction while I fit people into costumes and make small alterations. I choose high quality fabric, but will go with lower quality/lower costing fabric (low being $3.99 at the lowest and it's pretty thin and cheap fabric that you should really be using for apparel) - if you are on a budget.

If you cannot afford to purchase your cosplay or cosplay related items from a Halloween store, ebay or cosplay website it is 99% likely that you cannot afford a commission. It's not meant to sound harsh, but it really is the truth :/ When you're commissioning something, you're asking for someone to take their time to hand make you a costume according to your specifications and measurements - not to mention follow specific references. Material costs are generally also higher than that of the prices of costumes from stores/Halloween stores/cosplay websites as well. Material costs just isn't fabric, there's threads, buttons, zippers, buckles, paints, embroidery threads, resin, silicone, primer, trim, bias tape, ribbon, foam, etc.

Further information about artists and commission work and material and labor costs can be found HERE! It's something that those who want to commission and those who want to get commissions done should read.

Labor consists of the following:
*Researching for and purchasing materials
*Finding more references
*Drafting a pattern to your measurements
*Cutting out the fabric according to the pattern
*Digitizing embroidery patterns/files
-Embroidering
*Sewing
*Making sure it fits on the dress form
*Serging and finalizing hems/seams
*Making adjustments as necessary
*Detailing: i.e. beading, painting, etc
*Adding zippers, buttons, snaps, velcro, etc
*Sculpting forms if necessary
-Making molds for said forms
-Casting final forms in resin

My quotes (material costs + labor + shipping + paypal fees + tax = total). An itemized list can be requested.

Wigs:

Base wig prices as follows on Arda:
Short: $30
Medium: $35-38
Long: $40-65
Specialty wigs: vary
Short wefts: $9
Long wefts: $15
Clip in pony tails: $15/each
Shipping: $8.08

Other
Styling products: vary
Dying products: vary

My fees (excluding shipping):
Simple styles (cuts, curls, waves): $25
Spiky styles, volume/extra wefts, extra pieces: $50
Gravity defying styles, Up dos, ponytails, etc: starting at $75
Custom dying: varies on length and how many colors used, etc

These prices are loosely based on the average salon price for normal hair services. Some salons also offer separate wig styling and specialty services that actually cost more than what I've listed.

I only accept paypal and require a 50% deposit. If you need a payment plan, don't hesitate to ask. Please keep in mind, that your commission has to be paid in full at least two weeks before your deadline. Please note that your deadline is not booked until you've made a deposit.

I do not offer refunds. Should for some reason, I miss your deadline (and I'd be terrified and stressed if I did but alas, life is full of unexpected events), a form of compensation will be provided. Trust me, I'd rather miss your deadline, than send out something half-assed with poor craftsmanship. Also, before any work is started on, I send out a contract to you, signed by me, for you to sign and send back (this may also be done electronically).

**Shipping: In the U.S. I use Priority Mail with delivery confirmation AND INSURANCE and it takes 2-3 days. International shipping varies, due to customs check. USPS only offers tracking for Priority (6-10 days [excluding customs], about $48 (for their large flat rate box) to the UK and Express International (3-5 days [excluding customs], about $75 to the UK to major locations. Should you opt for the First Class shipping method (which is the least costly and slowest), I will not be responsible for anything getting lost or undelivered.

Communication is very important to me as it should be for you. I try my best to send emails and give updates and sometimes, I even give out my number (no calls please) in order to text my clients while I am shopping for supplies or send picture updates. If I contact you, I expect you to contact me back, even if you've already found someone else.

Last edited by Mykaios : 03-05-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Unread 08-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Commission/Marketplace Reviews
-Campo review (Full costume)
-PK.love review (Partial costume)
-Shadowken review (Full costume)
-Kaen review (Wig)
-KoKi review (Wig)
-Wolfmeisterrr review (Wig)
-HelloKittyQueen review (Wig)
-FluffyCoatIzaya review (partial costume)

Etsy
Ebay

Last edited by Mykaios : 02-25-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What can you make/commission?
A: Costumes, wings, wigs, armor, props and accessories - just about anything as long as it doesn't require a wood or metal shop (therefore I can't work with wood or metal unless it's precut) . If there is something I can't do, I will suggest other commissioners.

Q: How do you calculate your quotes/prices?
A: 90% of the time, I give you an itemized list with links for price references, that covers every yard (therefore I need your measurements first and foremost), button, spool of thread and what not that will be going into a project. Labor charges are also listed. Sometimes, depending on cosplay trends, a project has already been broken down for a previous quote, so I can just copy and paste it over, otherwise I'll make any adjustments if necessary. And sometimes, if a project is similar to something else, such as Disney Princess gowns then I can give a rough estimate based on a previous breakdown.

Q: How much do you charge for costume commissions?
A: $15/hour normal fabric, $20 if pvc/pleather/vinyl and spandex is used - PLUS material and shipping costs.

Q: How much do you charge for wig commissions?
A: Simple styles (cuts, curls, waves): $25
Spiky styles: $50
Gravity defying styles, Up dos, ponytails, etc: starting at $75
Custom dying: varies on length and how many colors used, etc
PLUS material costs and shipping.

Q: What if I am on a budget?
A: I try my very, very best when working with budgets. The lowest costing, plain colored, cotton fabric that I use is $3.99/yard. I even try to make cuts in my own labor costs to help you. I ask that you try to research some of the material costs on your own and doing research on certain methods, if not trying your own hand at something to get a better understanding on the process and material costs. If your budget isn't a reasonable one, I'd be more than happy to explain why while still be understand of whatever your circumstances there may be. However, I can't accept every commission and everyone's budget.

Q: How long will it take?
A: My schedule is based on deadlines and event dates. It does not entirely go by order of payment. I am typically booked 3-6 months in advanced. You are considered booked when the first payment has been received.

Q: Once an item has been shipped out, how long will it take?
A. In the U.S. I use Priority Mail with delivery confirmation AND INSURANCE and it takes 2-3 days. International shipping varies, due to customs check. USPS only offers tracking for Priority (6-10 days [excluding customs], about $48 (for their large flat rate box) to the UK and Express International (3-5 days [excluding customs], about $75 to the UK to major locations. Should you opt for the First Class shipping method (which is the least costly and slowest), I will not be responsible for anything getting lost or undelivered.

Q: How much is shipping?
A: US Priority mail flat rates start at $5.35 (smallest box, usually used for jewelry or small accessories) and go up to $15.45 (largest offered box can fit a neatly folded commission provided that it doesn't have a ton of armor or isn't a giant princess gown). If a larger box is needed then weight goes into factor. International shipping varies.

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: I accept paypal. If you have a problem with your paypal account or setting up one, we can discuss other options.

Q: Can you give me the sale price of the fabric under material costs?
A: No, sorry. The reason is sales are ALWAYS changing. Not to mention, I don't know if or when someone is committed to to their commission until a payment has been received, which very well could be received after a sale.

Q: Can you use x fabric instead?
A: I am more than happy to discuss other fabric options with you. If you don't want something shiny, then we'll look for a matte fabric. If you wanted a stretchy fabric, then we'll look up fabric options for that.

Last edited by Mykaios : 03-05-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

New/More costume examples!

Last edited by Mykaios : 01-14-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Been super busy!

Last edited by Mykaios : 12-18-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #6
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

I am completely booked until March 2013 (after Katsucon) - a few large projects will be taking up the remaining of my year into the next, followed by my Katsucon preparations for myself and my friends.

Last edited by Mykaios : 12-18-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Unread 09-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

An update on international shipping: USPS only offers tracking for Priority (6-10 days, about $48 to the UK) and Express International (3-5 days, about $75 to the UK) to major locations (prices are for packages not envelopes). Should you opt for the First Class shipping method (which is the least costly and slowest), I will not be responsible for anything getting lost or undelivered :/
Unread 11-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
Kaen

I bought a wig from this seller and the transaction was smooth with good communication, fast shipping, and the wig was styled perfectly. =D Thanks again!
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

New/more Wig Examples:

Last edited by Mykaios : 03-05-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #10
KoKi

I bought a wig from this seller and its beautiful! The seller replied fast and sent the package fast so I received it in great time! Thank you so much!
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Newest review by Wolfmeisterrr

Last edited by Mykaios : 01-05-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Schedule updated!
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #13
HelloKittyQueen
Strange and Adorable :3

Bought a C.C wig from this seller. Came in fast and is gorgeous! A+++
Balalaika from Black Lagoon ----> In progress
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

New picture here and you can also view it on facebook.

More to come this week!
Unread 01-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #15
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Schedule updated!