Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #16
Kildread
I can fix it!

At G-Anime 2011, as I was walking out of the place to drive home, someone dressed in a Kingdom Hearts costume came up and asked for a hug because she was glad to see someone cosplaying from Persona 4 (I was Souji).

My first Anime North, after walking around a bunch not being recognized as Itou Kaiji, I got an awesome person to just speak out "Are you cosplaying Kaiji?" in a happy tone, we got a few shots together, that was awesome.

Getting thumbs up, a few flirty comments and other mentions when I cosplayed as Vincent Brooks at Fan-Expo last year and Anime North this year. (Feels good when I think I look like an aberration in that costume XD)
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #17
natsuo
Wonderflexing

I really like when people tell me I actually LOOK like the character I'm cosplaying, like when they say it looks like I came right out of the game/show/manga. It really makes me feel like I did a good job embodying that character.

Like me on facebook!
www.facebook.com/natsuocosplay

Check me out on worldcosplay!
http://worldcosplay.net/member/51186/

Matsuricon 2013 costume plans:
Rika - Digimon Tamers
Blackrose - .hack
Popola - Nier

Ohayocon 2014 costume plans:
Mary - .hack//Quantum
Sasha - Attack on Titan
Kaine - Nier
natsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #18
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

- At Fan Expo 2011, a few of fellow Doctor Who cosplayers told me that of the three Ninth Doctors that showed up the whole weekend, I was the best one.

- A lot of people complimented my Persona-lized tarot cards this year. Makes me feel good that despite lacking in sewing skills, I'm still able to make something creative.

- During Fan Expo 2012, a lot of people also liked my two bokken into double bladed naginata/katana lance idea. I even had a few non-goers ask about it.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 08-29-2012 at 01:12 AM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #19
Tenjo Zakito
Fujoshi+Otaku

The best feeling is still when people recognise my character, it's common when it comes to a popular series, but when it comes to a series no one remembers, the rarity makes the feeling even better.
One of the best thing I've heard is, "I love this character/series!"
Or something like, "You're an amazing -insert character name-"
It's just that sense of recognition you see.
Tenjo Zakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #20
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokulen22 View Post
The little kids always warm my heart. When they see you and yell your character name is BIGGEST compliment.
I actually have a story that fits with this comment. It's not at a con though.
I did my Sora costume at my old work on Halloween.
Before I started that days' shift, I put the costume on and walked around for about a half hour.
Well, I was walking around and there was this mom with her son and daughter (probably no older then 11 for the boy and like 8-9 for the girl, and I hear the boy..
"OMG MOM IT'S SORA!!!!!!!!" Yes he screamed it..That made my night..

I also, at my first con, got a lot of complements on my Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Cloud Strife cosplay. I did everything I could to be as accurate as humanly possible so it made me feel good that others noticed.
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:29 AM   #21
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I've received a lot of compliments for my Rikku cosplay, which is flattering enough, but I was told by somebody at San Japan 2012 that I looked like I had just stepped out of the game and into real life. It totally made my day
Unread 08-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #22
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

One of the best moments was when I wore my live action Tsukino Usagi-cosplay. I haven't been recognized all day but when we were at the Shanadoo-Q&A-Panel, all the band members recognized my cosplay and called me "Usagi-chan" and "Sailor Moon". And a bit later, some asian guy also seemed to recognize me and took a photo~

Also, I'm always very happy when people comment on my Mulan Cosplay. Many people told me how well it would suit me. Hearing I can pull of Mulan so well even though I'm not asian makes me really proud

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
SuzuStarlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #23
erikisafail
Haku Strider

I was told that I was an adorable Russia, it made me so happy! ^.^ I also had my gender questioned, which was, like, highlight in a crossplayer's life xD
Russia-APH (FINISHED), Dave Strider- Homestuck (FINISHED), Terezi Pyrope- Homestuck (FINISHED), Feferi Peixes- Homestuck (FINISHED), Sherlock Holmes- Sherlock (FINISHED), Cecil Palmer- Welcome to Night Vale (FINISHED), Grell Sutcliff- Kuroshitsuji (FINSHED), Cicero- Skyrim (30% Done) Ellie- The Last of Us (FINISHED)

Facebook ~ Tumblr
erikisafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
Julesie

I was standing in the hallway and suddenly my friend hears 'Canada' being shouted. I turn around and see someone at the top of the escalators waving over to me. As soon as she reached the bottom she ran over and hugged me. I then got surrounded by American's and was told I was the best Canada cosplayer they had seen. I was extremely happy and very shy and once they heard my English accent I was further swamped. It made me feel very happy and welcome, too.

Another compliment I love and recieved was on Deviantart. I'd never seen someone cosplay Dwicky and I was thrilled by the amount of people telling me how 'cool or hot' I looked, even from people who disliked the character. I had been really shy to post the cosplay, too.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #25
ladylavender

I was at A-kon this past June cosplaying as Yoko Littner and I kept getting the typical "you look hot" type of comments, but one compliment that really stood out was this one guy you told me I looked absolutely beautiful. I couldn't help but giggle a bit and thank him profusely (he was super cute to top it off!! haha) Now i'm not saying I didn't appreciate the other compliments, seeing as it was my first cosplay and I was incredibly proud of it, but being called beautiful in the place of the normal adjectives just kinda made my day. I also kept hearing passing compliments from people talking to their friends which made me feel pretty nice too. I even got a few shouts from across rooms saying I looked awesome. It was all definitely a huge boost of confidence for me.
ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #26
ghosgreen

Well since a lot of my cosplay choices are not exactly main stream series or the most popular characters so it's always great to get a few comments and make feel good about the characters I do. One in particular probably the oldest and most obscure of my cosplay characters is The Shadow. It's one of my favorite costumes but at the same time the most obscure so nobody knows who I am. But one time I wore this costume to an type of cultural festival thing. I brought The Shadow along because I just did some upgrades and wanted to bring it out. So anyways most of the day pasts when this older gentleman walks by and looks at me. He's trying to figure out who I am and then it hits him. He tells me "You're Lamont Cranston! The Shadow!" I was so happy to get recognized but what made it really interesting was he then told me he remembers listening to the original radio series that aired between the 1930s and 1950s. How he was a kid remembering hearing the tales of The Shadow. Talking to this gentleman and hearing his story made me feel really good.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #27
Akahime
Red Princess

Aww, all of these stories makes my heart warm up. :3 Because I think it's great we all get compliments for all of the hard work we do.

For me, I absolutely adore Chie of Persona 4. So to have people recongize me and even chase me down the hallway just to get my pictures was very flattering. 8//3 I'm a pretty fast walker in general so they had to really run to catch up to me (I believe they were calling for me, but I wasn't really listening, Haha!) They were such nice people and excited to see a Chie walking around, it made me super happy. :3 It definitely made me want to bring her to cons over and over again.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?, Bambi/MC (Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3rd Story)

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

I remember several years ago, when Get Backers was fairly popular (well, as popular as it ever was) and there were multiple GB cosplayers at the cons, I was walking past a group of people and overheard one of them say "Oh hey, there's the perfect hair Ban." Made my day. I spent AGES on that wig.

Actually I think it's the non-direct compliments I like best, because you know they're not saying them because they want something from you or just flattering you. When I see someone's posted something of mine on Tumblr and says "This is the best [character] I've ever seen" or "I really hope this [character] comes to a con I'm going to", I know they're not just trying to make me happy, they really mean it.
Unread 08-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
Dhilokee
Last Minute Costume Queen

One of my earliest costumes was this ridiculous Jenova thing - pink slippers and frilly apron levels of silly.

Still makes me smile to think about the groups of people that would jump out of like yelling "MOTHER!" to come give me a hug and get a picture. Terrible cosplay that it was, it still gives me the warm fuzzies.
Dhilokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #30
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

Basically anytime I get a compliment on my cosplays I'm just...feeling really good! It doesn't matter who said it, what cosplay it was about, or when it was....I just feel really good about it.

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote