Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #31
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Any compliment is wonderful, but I heard one of the sweetest ones at Otakon...

This guy asked to take a picture of me in my ballgown along with my friend, who was also in an elaborate formal dress. We posed for him, and when he was done, he came up to us and thoroughly complimented us on our work. At that point, our couple of other friends who were walking with us came back to regroup.

The photographer turned to the two guys in our group and said, "You two get to spend all day with these two absolutely lovely ladies-- you're very lucky!"

He was completely sincere about it, and wished us a happy rest of the con. Definitely made my day.
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #32
XxChibiArtistxX
Megaweenie Extraordinaire

Any time someone asks for my picture, my ego goes through the roof, but it makes me really happy . I almost always stop for a picture, unless I'm having some sort of medical emergency (and I even stopped during one of those once...)

Also (I'm probably a bad person for this) whenever I'm talking to someone cosplaying the same character as me, and they say something along the lines of "Oh your xxxx cosplay is so much better than mine!" On the inside I'm like ""

Possible 2013 Cosplays
Velvet Squiddleknit Rose LalondeFem!GamzeeGod Tier Roxy LalondeJack Frost

TumblrTwitter
XxChibiArtistxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #33
SoraXroxasXaxel
静か 領

It was a very odd comment and I wasnt expecting it but some girl walked passed me and said "Link I love you, bear my children." Very weird but it kind of made me feel like my costume was worth something and like I did a somewhat good job at being Link. Plus it was funny XD I actually got a lot of nice comments as Link when I went to AM2. Everyone was really cool. I've also gotten some compliments on my Sora cosplay, which was really nice too
SoraXroxasXaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #34
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

My dad and sister took me to me Chili's for dinner. I went as Pikachu. Because there was a bit of a wait for our table we sat at the bar for a bit. The people next to me wanted my photo because their daughter loved Pikachu. It made me feel good that people outside the con wanted my photo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTigerLilies View Post
Also, being that Ryoga Hibiki is an old character I don't get recognized too often, and at the last con, only one guy did recognize me, but he RAVED over my costume, and asked me how I'd done this, how did I make that, etc. Once again, for someone to like one of my homemade cosplays that much, well, I was pretty happy!
If that made you feel good, then this will too. Kudos on cosplaying Ranma 1/2. I hoping to do Ukyo sometime and her and Ryoga are my OTP for the series.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #35
~H~
Original H

I've been incredibly fortunate when it comes to compliments, and always do my best to pay it forward ^_^. There are two times that really stick-out in my mind though....

I was at the GA Renn Faire with my husband one year (dressed in typical RenFest gear). When the King and his entourage happened to pass by the King made an impromptu detour to come introduce himself to us and officially dub Jason "Sir LuckyMan" when he found out we were married.

The second time I was doing a photoshoot dressed as Lum outside the con hotel when this guy actually ran his car into a pole because he was watching the shoot instead of the road @_@. Thankfully he was going pretty slow so there was no serious damage, but it was definitely an ego boost for me when he told us what had caused the fender-bender.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #36
Vault21

Not directed at me, but at Acen this year, my friend was pretty much high-fiving someone for their cool cosplay every 2-3 minutes.
Vault21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #37
defectedmodel
Android

When I was Jeanne at Anime North this year, and walking to the con with my boyfriend, this girl dressed as Sakura (SF) ran up to me all excited, saying how no one ever does Jeanne or that outfit and how happy she was to see me in it, and then she asked for a hug
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #38
Firefly77

When I cosplayed as Anju from the Legend of Zelda last year, I had one girl run up to me and gush that I was her favorite character and asked me for a hug. She was SO excited that I gave her a hug and even more excited that I remembered her being a Link cosplayer from the year before. It really made me happy to make someone's day like that.

A lot of people really like my No Face cosplay, so any compliments that I get while wearing it really make me happy. I typically go to the rave as No Face and it makes my night when people are excited to come and dance with me. There's no real specific compliments that stand out more than others, but overall it's just the fact that the cosplay makes other people smile that makes me happy.
Firefly77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #39
Victoria917

I got so many compliments on my cosplay. I remember walking to Otakon in my cosplay for the first time and hearing a girl say, "That is an amazing Rainbow Dash!" and she got my picture.

I also got called kawaii. xD
Victoria917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #40
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

Like others, I enjoy any compliment given to me about my costume. Though some do stick out to me more than others.

Take, for example, when I'm at a Star Wars Celebration and a little kid wants to take a picture with me because they like me costume. Personally, I take that as one of the highest compliments I get. There's nothing quite like making a kid smile, and seeing their face light up when they pose for a picture with me. It's a great feeling.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #41
Dude Bro
'Sup?

At Chicago comic con, a little girl walked up to me and a friend, we were dressed as Mario and Luigi, and said with the most amazed expression, "You guys are so powerful!" I almost died from all the cute.
Dude Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #42
TheCosplayFox

A few days ago one of my friends told me that I was her cosplay idol.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #43
SA2R
King of the Skies

My friends and I went to a botanic Garden last year. And a few men from Japan were also sight seeing the garden. They asked for pictures with us (We were of course in cosplay).
And one man said we were as pretty as the flowers themselves >//A//< We all giggled like a bunch of brainless school girls XD;;

Another time~ I attended Starfest as Skyloft Link. I know I didn't fit in, but I wanted to try the cosplay out. We went out to eat at a place near by, and a bunch of girls told me I really did Link justice apparently :> They said they were impressed to see such a good Link outside a video/anime con. I didn't care that I didn't fit in after that haha I felt so happy nun

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( Ž ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #44
lenkagamine02
The Uke

I always love it when ur at a con or even cosplaying in public and someone compliments your cosplay or asks to take your picture It makes me feel so happy especially when I made the cosplay

"Hush little Izaya, don't you cry. Don't cut your arms, don't say goodbye.
Put down the lighter, put down the knife. It may be hard, but you'll win this fight."
-Uke (me)
(This message is to Izaya Orihara)

YT: Narutoshowfan101
Deviantart: DattebayoCosplayer
Tumblr: Aloisxxxciel
Worldcosplay: Uke
lenkagamine02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #45
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

My first time every cosplaying, I did Luffy from One Piece. I didn't think the I did all that great with the vest, but I got a few compliments from people that I was the best Luffy at the convention. It was a big convention too, so that really made my first time cosplaying memorable
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote