Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #46
SaChan

For Otakon, I made Lightning's Odin summon swords and they were a HUGE hit! One guy took my picture even though he said he wasn't a big fan of Final Fantasy XIII. Another guy was TOTALLY floored by them and asked me if I was participating in the costume contest. I couldn't, because I didn't make the costume, but it was still SO flattering. I would have been happy with a few compliments, but because I basically slaved over those things all summer, the praise was so appreciated.

Cons/Events 2014
Katsucon
Sakura Matsuri
Awesome Con DC
AMA
Otakon

Costumes in Progress
3D Maneuvering Gear
Kanata Shinonome
Super Sailor Venus
Kairi (KH2)
Christmas Town Sora

Tumblr:http://www.tumblr.co/blog/sachan33
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/SaCha...46725658814034
SaChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #47
Deru-Wisper

I was at my local county fair in cosplay with some of my friends. Well, I was CasualPrussia, and my friends where in complicated cosplays like Russia and PirateEngland. We were sitting in front of a building and suddenly this girl walking by took one look and flipped out. She tripped, almost faceplanted the ground, and clutched onto one of her friends, still freaking out. After several moments of trying to dig her phone out of her pocket, she ran over to us. She stopped in front of me.
"CAN I HAVE YOUR PICTURE?! 8'D"
I was kind of surprised...I was in a completely casual cosplay, not even wearing my Gilbird, and somehow I was still recognized. (The Russia and England there probably helped ^^)

Also, I got a lot of compliments about my quickly-made Teutonic Knights!Prussia cosplay at AX... ^^

Upcoming Cons:
Pacific Media Expo '14
Anime Los Angelos '15
Anime Expo '15
_______
Completed:
Mami Tomoe - Madoka Magica
Tsubomi Kido - Mekakucity Actors
Annie Leonhardt - Attack on Titan
Dirk Strider (Godtier and Headless) - Homestuck
_______
In Progress:
Samekichi- Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea (20%)
(Genderbent) Ren - DRAMAtical Murder (10%)
_______
Instagram - Tumblr
Deru-Wisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #48
kanracakes
Archer Obsessed

I love when people gush over Ranma. A lot of people give me compliments for my retro-cosplays and it always feels really good to talk about. I also got told I was one of someone's favorite cosplayers.
kanracakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #49
smoreface

I give a lot of compliments at conventions. If I see someone who is beautiful, I tell them. I try not to be awkward about it but sometimes I am absolutely stunned by peoples cosplays.
As for myself, I don't remember getting many compliments.
Unread 09-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #50
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

It always melts my heart how kind the cosplaying community can be, and how many people go out of their way just to give you compliments. I think one of my favorites was at Anime Detour a couple of months ago.

I went as Sebastian and a lot throughout the day people wanted hugs or to take pictures of me, and since I was probably one out of twenty Sebastian's that were there that day it made me feel special like I was doing something right. Toward the end of the second day one guy stopped me and told me that he'd been attempting to come up to me all day and that he thought I had one of the best cosplays that were there. It's polished and precise, he kept saying. It made me totally soar and I had to hug him for such a generous compliment.

Another time was with the same cosplay a month afterward where AD was hosting a free photoshoot for any cosplayers that wanted to get their cosplays taken professionally. Mind you I'd been working hard on the cosplay and when I entered decked up head to toe I couldn't help but feel marvelous when people stopped what they were doing to look at me and some of the other cosplayers there wanted take pictures of me hugging them. It was a bright moment for me I guess. The fact it wasn't really a 'casually stop everyone and take pictures with them' event made the moment even more special for me.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #51
pandaelly

someone said i was the cutest shiemi (moriyama shiemi from ao no exorcist) ever :3
it was a really quick, brief compliment but made me feel good, it was my first cosplay too!
pandaelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #52
SA2R
King of the Skies

At this past NDK during the LoZ photo shoot, most of the Zelda attending (Including the Sheik) Said I was one of the best Links there. And there were A LOT of Links XD
I was flattered :3 I of course don't claim to be the best Link X3

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #53
ghosgreen

I was on set filming for the Halloween episode for Hawaii Five-0 as an extra in a Halloween party scene titled "Guy with gas mask". I was one of the guys that brought their own costume, specifically one of my time traveler steampunk costume. I don't mean to gloat but a lot of the extras and the crew were like "Damn that is awesome" and I was getting a lot of compliments. That was really cool but no one knew I was a time traveler and then while waiting someone asks me "Hey is that a vortex time manipulator on your arm?" and she's point to the device on my arm. I turned and had a huge smile on my face and I answered "Why yes it is" and then she asked me "Are you a time traveler and have you met the Doctor?" We then talk about Dr. Who and high fives were in order before we had to go film. One of the best moments of that day. Totally did not expect to meet another Dr. Who fan on set and figure out I was a damn time traveler. It was a good day.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #54
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

Okay, so for the second day of Roc-Con I was Austria.
And I always put on this hilariously fake accent for that cosplay.
And whenever I put on that accent I can't get out of it. It takes me a week to stop hissing "Ja, vot iss it?" whenever anyone taps me on the shoulder.
And I went to get a plushie signed by Vic Mignogna.
And not only does he tell me I look snappy, he starts doing the same hilarious accent.
Everything I could do not to just love him forever.

For cosplay photos please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #55
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

There was one time I cosplayed as Konan from Naruto for Halloween. Every year at my school (elementary and middle school combined) does a Halloween Carnival where each grade walks around the school yard with their costume. It felt great enough to have 7th graders knowing who I was despite not having a blue wig. Bigger joy came when 3rd and 5th graders started recognizing who I am. x) I was so happy I gave them the explosion cards I had made all laminated and stuff. They were really happy.
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #56
StrawberryNinja
Happy Sunshine Evil

I took a while off cosplay and got back into it in 2011. I was super excited for my main costume (Phoebe), but got a little nervous at con. I hadn't even been in the con center for a minute before someone asked for my picture and told me how adorable I am. It was like an instant confidence restorer. Then later at the Pokemon photoshoot, someone standing next to me told how awesome I was to cosplay her. Made it totally worth it.

Also, although this wasn't a compliment, it made me feel good. My first time cosplaying was when I was 15 and I didn't really know much so my costumes were a little shoddy. Anyway, I was walking around in my Merle (Escaflowne) cosplay when this dude comes up and is like "Merle?" I turned around and answered him. "Yes?" "I've always wanted to see a Merle. Can I...hug you?" So many warm and fuzzy feelings.

Cosplays I'm Working On:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Naka-kon 2014 and ACen 2014)
Halloween 2011 Turkey - Hetalia (Naka-kon 2014)
Wooper gijinka and/or kigurumi- Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Chocolove - Shaman King (ACen 2014 or Anime Midwest 2014 maybe)
StrawberryNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #57
Makarov92
That guy over there...

Told by a former Russian solider that my Russian paratrooper reenacting kit is the closest thing to the stuff he saw while in service.

Future Cosplays/Reenacting kits
United States Colonial Marine (Aliens)
Imperial Guardsmen (40K)
101st Airborne Easy Company 1942-1945(Reenacting)

Future Cons
Magfest 2013
Makarov92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #58
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

This year at Anime North I was Alexis Rhodes and Jesse Anderson from Yugioh GX. There were some people through out the day who wanted to take my picture and they even told me how much they loved my costume :]. Made me really happy since I'm a first-time cosplayer and I hit it off with a bang. XD There was one girl who was really excited to see me as Alexis and told me on how much she had to go find a Jaden, and since I saw someone as Jaden Yuki earlier in the day I told her about it and she got even more excited XD.
Not bad for a newbie d^^b

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold

Last edited by zeochan : 09-28-2012 at 03:57 PM.
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #59
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Once had someone comment on one of my photos as Jizabel Disraeli that I was "The most accurate Jizabel they'd ever seen.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 10-10-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #60
sugarpunch18
User is now Unknowable

I was at Fanime this year and saw this really amazing Timeskip!Nami from One Piece and wanted to get her picture before she could disappear into the crowd. When I walked up to her, she took one look at me and gushed, "ZOMG KYOKO CAN I GET YOUR PICTURE? "

I was dressed as PinkJumpsuit!Kyoko from Skip Beat and was momentarily stunned when she asked for my pic before I could ask for hers. She told me excitedly that she loved Skip Beat and I was one of the first Kyoko cosplayers she's seen.

I blushed furiously but was terribly flattered that someone with a cosplay as amazing as hers complimented me on mine.
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)
sugarpunch18 is offline   Reply With Quote