Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #61
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I have had a few people compliment my giant prop gun I made. Somebody didn't even know what I was cosplayed as, and wanted a picture just of me holding the gun because he thought it was awesome. Johnny Yong Bosch also thought it was made of wood when I met him, but it's just foam ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #62
Cosmic Destiny
Destiny Entertainment

An endless amount from my Squall I could easily say. Got alot of " Best Squall ever!"'s, some " Love the game! Now I really want to play it again."'s, and some, " Brought back my childhood."'s. Was given a few cards from professional photographers who take a part in the industry, some opportunities for connections.
My Wesker I vividly remember was also well loved.
I almost always give a nice compliment after taking a quick photo from any cosplay that impresses me in return.
James Sunderland (90%)

Completed
Albert Wesker [Tuxedo] | Leon S. Kennedy | The Merchant | Squall Leonhart | Alfred F. Jones - America

Considering
Abel Nightroad | Slender Man
| Albert Wesker [Midnight] | BLU Scout | Auron | Sly Cooper | Serge
Cosmic Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #63
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

People compliment my Chibitalia a lot, which means a lot to me. I'm really self-conscious sometimes because of my weight (and let's be honest, anime characters are usually super skinny, or at least lean). Though Chibitalia is both small and "chibi", so my figure works perfectly for it. XD So yeah, it totally makes my day when people tell me I pull off Chibitalia really well!

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #64
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Well, I took it as a pretty big compliment when my W.I.P Faust VIII cosplay won my school's costume contest for spirit week. Seriously, I never win anything, and winning as Faust, a character I adore, just made me feel really good.

And then all the people who came up to me and complimented my top hat, my skull, my makeup etc. even when they had no idea WTF I was supposed to be, that was nice.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #65
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

A few days ago I got a random comment on my demon Ciel telling me I was perfect ;A; Which is, of course, kind of a huge compliment. Then I laughed because they used, in the same sentence, "Adorable" and "perfect at frowning". Guess I would be good at being tsundere.
Actually, any random comments or compliments I get in general, especially on semi-old stuff really flatters me. It doesn't seem like much compared to some other cosplayers, but to have people take their own time to tell me that they liked my costume or the way I pulled off a character...it's a good feeling.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #66
Morpher
The Archy Morpher

@ FutomKitten - Completely agree! Anyone who compliments one of my cosplay(s) or leaves a comment makes me feel good.
----

I got one in paticular that made me feel great.

Quite some time ago I ended up getting a PM from someone (shall remain anonymous) saying they were interested in purchasing my Trance Kuja costume. I graciously declined, however it made me feel really good, for they thought it was really and turly good enough for them to want to consider purchasing it!
Juvia Lockser - (Fairy Tail) - Planned

Future Cosplay(s)
Leviathan - (FF9)
Hopeless Estheim - (Original Character)
Daniella - Haunting Ground
Morpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #67
voiceofwonder

I got tons of compliments on my Katara cosplay that I wore to my first con last month, which was a major confidence booster since I had no cosplay experience. There were plenty of of high-fives to be had, and "omg that's so awesome", and tons of people asked for pictures, but I think my favorite moment was when I spotted a little girl walking around looking kinda lonely, also dressed up as Katara. When she saw my cosplay, her face completely lit up and she ran over to give me a hug. ^_^
voiceofwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #68
princess_hyrule
Princess_Hyrule

People asking for a hug is probably the best for me. Although it can be quite difficult to achieve wearing armor...
Unread 10-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #69
RinoaLnhrt

I got a lot of little girls staring at me whenever I walked through the mall back to the hotel last Anime Boston when I was in my Garnet gown. ^.^; There was this one little girl, couldn't have been more than 6, who was absolutely wide-eyed and watched me go by and I smiled at her, then she turned and tugged at her mom's sleeve going "Mommy! That looked like a PRINCESS!" in the most amazed-sounding voice.

Also at the same con I wore my Zuko cosplay and a few kids recognized me as that. It was adorable.

But other than that, any compliments I get are wonderful. I love it when people ask for my picture, or when they tell me they love my outfit or character. Hugs are great too! As long as they're not the air-crushing hugs...those hurt.
Asuna (Sword Art Online) (90%)
Flame Princess (Adventure Time)
~~~~~
RinoaLnhrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #70
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Someone commented on one of my photos that I posted on dA of me as Pearce that I had just made their day because they love the books and love Pearce and their friends all hate him because he's a psycho and that it was great that I'd cosplayed him. It really makes me smile to get recognition on a book cosplay like that
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #71
BeccaDoll
The genius ninja

I cosplayed Kakashi last year, and at that particular con, there were so many other Kakashi's. But a couple running a stall stopped me to get a photo and said I looked amazing. It really made my day.

2014 Cosplays:
Vi (Original Skin) - League of Legends
Princess Daisy - Super Mario Brothers
Uzumaki Kushina-Naruto Shippuden
Hyuuga Hinata - Naruto Shippuden

Ankle Shatterer Cosplay, check it out
https://www.facebook.com/beccachancosplay
BeccaDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #72
Septembre
That charming devil again

"You look like an anime character." In broad daylight during lunch at work. Not in cosplay. Hahaha.

Cosplay List

Shin Megami Tensei
SMT: Imagine - IGC `Razgriz - Completed (October 2011)
SMT: Persona 4 - Yu Narukami - Completed (May 2013)
SMT: Persona 3 - Akihiko Sanada - TBA (0%)

Death Note
Kira - Light Yagami TBA (0%)
Matt - TBA (0%)

RWBY
Adam - TBA (0%)

Naruto
Zabuza - TBA (0%)

Secret Cosplay - TBA (0%)

Also doing future cosplays for Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Metal Gear Solid and more!
Always looking for cosplay partners & groups!

Septembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #73
CrossedCrowns

I remember I cosplayed Finn to school, and a lot of people loved the outfit. This one girl ran down the hallway and was like "Wow, you're so cute..." and I was like, "Oh, thank you!" She instantly went wide eyed. "YOU'RE A GIRL!?!?"

And then at Youmacon while I was Belarus, I had random people stop me just to tell me that I was pretty...and I even had a Russia /not/ run from me when I asked them politely for a hug. She just stopped and was like "...You're the best Belarus I've seen all day." and the proceeded to have a mini photoshoot with me xD
Unread 03-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #74
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I think one of the most flattering was about 15 minutes after my friend and I arrived at A-Kon and we where just setting out bags down to orient ourselves in the lobby where you picked up tickets and this middle aged woman sort of gasped and came running over and just told me "YOU ARE PERFECT" and explained that her daughter really loved the animated Disney film Alice in Wonderland and begged her mother to find her a picture of that version of Alice. At the time the Tim Burton movie had come out and her daughter had really wanted a picture of a cosplayer doing the old Disney cartoon.

So she asked for a picture and I did my little pose n' what not like a bawssss and the woman thanked me before going off looking really happy with herself.

That was gosh darn flattering.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #75
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

At Orlando anime day in January someone told me my costume looked good and gave me a thumbs-up.

;A; I'll never forget.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote