Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #91
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

I got quite a few nice compliments while wearing my Panty cosplay, some were even from other Pantys, which made me quite happy.

A lot of fellow Homestuck cosplayers also seemed pretty thrilled that I included the trigger whistle into my Kankri cosplay, which was really amusing. xD
And this super cute little cosplayer was like ''Why do you keep on making such cool cosplays?'' and I'm just ''Wahh~~ ;>A<;''

And people telling me I was their headcanon Aradia Megido or perfect as her was just so wonderful... Especially since some came from cosplayers that seem so far away and cool and pro and stuff. >.<

And my Mukuro cosplay seems to have made quite a few girls (and a guy) happy, particularly because I'm naturally tall and didn't wear high heels for him like some do.
The reactions were just too cute and flattering and I'm often still surprised by such positive feedback and don't know how to deal with it too well. >///<
In progress:
| Cronus Ampora - 90%| Homura Akemi - 80%|
| Loki Laevatein - 60%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 45%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #92
Chryso

I love it when I'm actually going to or from a con and members of public recognise me/ask for photos. Literally turning heads. My favourite moment was walking down the street as Rufio and some random guys on skateboards starting yelling the Rufio chant, came over and shook my hand, they were so excited it made my day.
I'm not sure if they realised I'm really a girl, either

I also complain jokingly about it, but I really do adore being mobbed for photos, and not being able to get very far through a crowd without being stopped. It gives my ego a huge boost XD and finding the photos later online. Makes me so happy to know my outfit is reaching across the world, you know?
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #93
KieranPrince
Sarcastic Prince

It makes me really happy when people can recognize which character I'm cosplaying as. I remember my first cosplay as Trunks (which wasn't really that great, considering ^^;;; ) and quite a few people recognized me. I few people called me out and then someone asked me if I'd be interested in taking pictures with them later on. I was just so happy that I could barely keep still for the rest of the night.

I also get really happy when people compliment the weapons that I make. I haven't really been making weapons and things like that for very long, but when people say that they like how I make them, it makes me feel like I'm floating on air~
Kamukura Izuru (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
KieranPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:04 AM   #94
ghosgreen

I think one of the best compliments I got was from my friend. My friend had brought his friend along to the convention we were at and I was at his car getting suited up as Beltway from RE. While I was getting suited up he said "Hey hey Josh watch this. Watch him transform and become the character. Normally you see this go happy jolly guy and then watch him transform into his character." I'm not gonna tell him but it made me feel good about my costume. Been costuming for four years now and by far the best thing I've been able to do.

Plus I love it when people recognize my character and ask me about the mask. It makes me feel good when I can tell people "Oh thank you glad you like it. I made this myself."
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #95
ultninjaboi
A Bard amongst Men

Not so much a compliment as much as a feel good conversation.

At pax last weekend, I was naked snake. Among all the "nice snake" or "lemme get a pic" comments, I ran into another naked snake. His was much better. We talked a little bit and he started asking where I'd gotten some of the bits and pieces. He even commented that he should have though of some of the choices I'd made. It felt good that someone who had done the outfit better still liked bits of mine. Mostly because I'm still new to this.
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence." -C.S. Lewis

Current Projects:
TF2 Scout: 95% done.
Courier (Fallout New Vegas):75% done
Jack Marston (Red Dead Redemption): 50% done
The Boss (Saints Row): Planning Stages
ultninjaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #96
Musouka_Ningyou

I think that the best compliments I've gotten in cosplay have been from people who have gone out of their way to tell me that they liked my costume, I made a really good ____, etc., especially if they remembered me from earlier in the con or even previous years of a con (!!) and I'm not even wearing that costume at the time. It means a lot that I can make enough of an impression on someone that they remember my costume and recognize me, despite only seeing the costume in question once, probably having never talked to me, and seeing me out of cosplay or in a totally different costume. Thankfully, I've never had this happen where it borders on creepy/stalkerish territory. ;] (Well, except once, but that was creepy for a totally different reason, since it invovled physically grabbing me and then practically telling me that I made good masturbation material...it was also the same day that he took the photos and I was still in the costume in question, so different situation)

A few examples come to mind -- a photog at Fanime (the guy that always does the stedicam videos) took video of me in Lady Blackpearl one year, then they next year approached me in a totally different costume to say hello, to compliment my costume, and chat for a bit. He said that he recognized me despite the change in costume because he noticed a distinctive style in my costumes. (He then took video of me the next day as Ulala, but I'm not sure if he recognized it as me, since it's a bit outside of the Blackpearl-Eruca style that he recognized)

Also at Fanime last year, someone went out of their way to stop me in the halls to tell me that I made a really good Maj. Kusanagi, two days after I wore that costume, and when I was out of cosplay. I'm amazed that he remembered my cosplay and liked it so much, enough to recognize me in a lolita outfit and with my natural hair (long, light brown) two days after seeing me in a vinyl suit with a wig (short, dark purple).

I also get a lot of people saying that I make a really good [insert Lalonde of choice], and I had a lot of fangirls this past SacAnime because I was practicing my crochet while cosplaying Rose, and even more fangirls over my blinged-out knitting needle prop. I like to be able to stand out in a sea of Homestuck cosplays, and hope that mine are memorable. (though I also get a lot of "OMG SINCE WHEN ARE YOU A HOMESTUCK??!! from people I know, haha~)

There have been a few others, but those two come to mind. I actually get more people than I expect coming up to me in the halls and telling me that they really enjoyed my karaoke performance earlier in the day or weekend and that I have a nice voice...but that's not really a cosplay compliment, haha. Those always make my day, because I sing karaoke for fun and don't really think that I have -that- nice of a voice (nor do I care all that much if I act like a total idiot at karaoke...belting out Cibo Matto music at the top of my lungs, for instance, and actually have fun making a fool of myself on stage).
)(er Imperious Condescension (Homestuck)Ballgown Dreamer Roxy Lalonde (Homestuck)
Misc. other cosplays
Musouka_Ningyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #97
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Although I have gotten to the point where I kind of forget about them, I get a lot of compliments on my Luffy sandals. Lol, the amount of people that stare at my feet is pretty amazing some times XD

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #98
Spazmodroid
AKA, the awesom-o 4000

I was walking to the convention center with my friend helping me, and on the way we passed a subway. I started hearing pounding and on the other side of the glass was a lady trying to get my attention. I lipped the words to her "I can't hear you!" so she decided to write on a napkin "best I've seen!"
:3
I cried.
Well, not really, but on the inside I was. That alone made my day and I didn't even get to my photoshoot yet.

and oh my gosh, dx7879 - YOUR AVATAR IS AMAZING.
Hello, geeks. Look at your profile, now back to mine, now back at your profile, NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, your cosplays aren't mine, but if you stopped wearing cat ears and fishnets and made your own suits of armor, yours could look like mine. Where does this LINK go? Back at me. I see it, it’s my facebook page filled with pics of me creating that thing you love. Look again, THE PICS ARE NOW VIRAL. Anything is possible when your costume looks like Spazmodroid's and not this.

I'm over 9000
Spazmodroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #99
xshinox
Ryu Hou, HA HA HA!

Last Saturday while I was walking to the convention, after crossing the crosswalk, this guy looked at me and said something along the lines of "Nice Fourze." Give a smile and asked if he wanted to do the handshake so we did. He then wanted a picture with me doing a handshake pose. Good time.
xshinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #100
Rhapsados
Real Life Prince

I had just arrived at my first meetup and dressed up as a really popular character (Jade) from a really popular series (Homestuck). A girl came up to me and really excitedly told me "You're the best Jade I've ever seen! You're my new headcanon! Can I take a picture with you?"

It was my first cosplay, first meetup, and first time being asked for a picture. Really great.
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #101
rajamitsu

This weekend I not only had multiple people recognize me as MakubeX from GetBackers (which usually is enough to make my con), they also said I was adorable. Eee.
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #102
Yasiko

I've been to cons before, but went in cosplay for the first time today (As Yazoo from Advent Children) to AAD. Naturally I was pretty sketched out about it because I have absolutely no experience. Got nothing but compliments/hugs/pictures taken all day long, even had a couple full families want a big group picture with me, was a pretty eye opening and heart warming experience. Especially the little kids that want pictures with you, because you know they genuinely think your costumes cool and aren't just trying to make you feel good or something. Good Stuff.
Yasiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 01:43 AM   #103
sillymyway

To me, the best feel-good cosplay comment is "Can I take a picture with you?" It means so much when people actually ask and go out of their way to get a picture with you. Recently I had someone come up to me, saying they saw me three times unsuccessfully getting my picture, and it made me feel so good that someone actually attempted three times to get my picture. ;-;
AnimeNEXT
TooManyGames
New York Comic Convention

.:2014 Cosplays:.
Ricken (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
gijinka! Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Nagisa Hazuki (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Ravio ( LOZ: A Link Between Worlds)
Charlie Vergier (Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure)

sillymyway cosplay
sillymyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:41 AM   #104
Lost7Soul
Chocolate milk addict

When I cosplayed Midna True Form. I had so many people tell me I was beautiful/gorgeous/pretty/hot, had a couple pigs come up and say "hey babe" but still, I've never had people tell me any of those things before I started cosplaying and I'm starting to feel less self concious about my appearance even out of cosplay
Noire - 20%
Lost7Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #105
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Every compliment I get always means a lot to me! But especially it never fails to make me happy when people tell me I'm their favourite cosplayer or the best -insert character here- they've ever seen or tell me that they're inspired by me, that's always so amazing to hear! Getting into the hobby I never thought anybody would look up to me or be inspired by me or really enjoy things that I do so it always makes me super happy.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote