Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 08-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #16
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaridys View Post
Ani_BEE, it sucked for your audio. We saw the replay on YouTube yesterday and thought you pulled it off beautifully! And that smack! Ouch...

Yes, I can testify to that and I can also add she was at it in august every day, 8 hours a day. Completely insane she is but she's been bugging our group to do that costume for years!

It's unfortunate we were not able to watch the whole masq from the green room. However, I thought this year went really smoothly, the tables being called quite fast and almost no interminable waits. I liked that the workmanship judging was kind of isolated in it's own area.

Cheers to all of the lovely people in the Queens' den, you guys were awesome! Kudos to Twin Rova, your skit was amazing! Such lovely dancing with the fans!
Gord didn't know that was coming. hehe
It probably stung a little but I did a wrist flip so that most of the energy was pulled back as well.

Yes our Twin Rova was practiced as much as she could for the stage size in the green room.

I mus watch tonight.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
MDA
Destiny Productions

I hope the person who posted those videos for the masquerade posts all the entries.
I'm very curious as to what mine and CosplayCanada's skit looked like. Ended up completely improvised because they started playing audio too soon... we were entry 63 - Bloody Truth. It threw us off completely.

Though I find it funny, he was nervous as hell and I was calm. Just as we lined up to head for the stage he looked at me and went "I have butterflies... you sure about this?"
Little too late there dude XD We had fun regardless, but we were kinda mad that we had to improvise with that scream coming too soon. Up till 6am practicing... and then various intervals throughout the day... and gah!
Eh, always next time.
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I always get nervous when we line up to go on stage, it never changes. lol

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
Wenora
The Musical Mage

They played my music early too.
I'm more nervous during workmanship judging, than being on stage lol.
Wenora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijugal View Post

One of the Ironmen was the Hawkman who won last year.
Toronto Ironman! Heh, he was in our den. (Go, Den 12!) His suit up close was amazing. It was a series of some interconnecting pieces which he said he made from foam and was painted with some sort of paint that made them all solid.

There were so many amazing entries this year. I'll second, or probably third, the Queens. I was behind them in the sign-in line thinking: "Oh god, please tell me they are not in my division....of course they''re not, look at that workmanship...! But what if they are??? Dude, they're like...Masters, right?" It was a very conflicting mental state.

It's also nice to put costumes to faces with people in this site. It's great to meet and admire so many members of our community.

And, three cheers for the masquerade staff! You guys (as you do every single year) were amazing. Especially as soon as the masquerade started, it seemed to run so smoothly.

So kudos to all of you!

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #21
shinigami714
Illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
Toronto Ironman! Heh, he was in our den. (Go, Den 12!) His suit up close was amazing. It was a series of some interconnecting pieces which he said he made from foam and was painted with some sort of paint that made them all solid.
It was awesome sharing a den with you!
shinigami714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #22
Ninja Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Gord didn't know that was coming. hehe
It probably stung a little but I did a wrist flip so that most of the energy was pulled back as well.

Yes our Twin Rova was practiced as much as she could for the stage size in the green room.

I mus watch tonight.
Actually, it didn't hurt ... You missed my bald spot

BTW - Gorgeous costume and I loved your presentation.
... not to mention you're COMPUTER PRINTED ENTRY FORM!!!!!!!!
BEST. ENTRY FORM. EVER. (even with the spelling mistake)

Last edited by Ninja Sensei : 08-30-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Ninja Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
Ninja Sensei

All I can say is that you all knock my socks off!!! .... Every year!

The bar just keeps getting raised higher and higher. You're all so talented and fun people.

I hate you all.

(Not really ... but ... you know...)

PS. I hope to see many of you (if not all of you) at Costume Con 32 in 2014!!!
Unread 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #24
Aaridys
Invisible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Sensei View Post

... not to mention you're COMPUTER PRINTED ENTRY FORM!!!!!!!!
BEST. ENTRY FORM. EVER. (even with the spelling mistake)
If that's all it takes! LOL I'd be more curious where that Shinigami girl got her large print of your picture?

I loved sitting in the green room and chatting with the other participants. You guys all have something to share about your costumes, tips, tricks and anecdotes to tell concerning the crafting process. I am amazed each time what a great community this is.

Next up, Costume-con!! Oh, and if Mr. Announcer man is there, then how could we POSSIBLY not attend? LOL

Last edited by Aaridys : 08-31-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Aaridys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
Ninja Sensei

Quote:
If that's all it takes! LOL I'd be more curious where that Shinigami girl got her large print of your picture?
Don't you all have one? *feigns shocked amazement*

Quote:
I loved sitting in the green room and chatting with the other participants. You guys all have something to share about your costumes, tips, tricks and anecdotes to tell concerning the crafting process. I am amazed each time what a great community this is.

Next up, Costume-con!!
Then you will definitely LURVE Costume Con!!!! All weekend of oohing and ahhing over costumes & exchanging notes ... going to panels and workshops (My first Costume Con, CC7, had a panel on how to make dental prostethics!!!!) ... You will love it!

Quote:
Oh, and if Mr. Announcer man is there, then how could we POSSIBLY not attend? LOL
You're too kind ... AND you need to get out more! And yes, I have been asked to MC at least one of the costume events (there are 4!)

Last edited by Ninja Sensei : 09-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
Seena-Cha
Cosplay Guru of Love

I didn't win anything this year =/
but its all good (: it was a test run for Anime North, so i know what i need to look upon for next year.
Also the entries this year @__@ my goodness. We couldn't see all the entries on stag because of the T.V feed, but from what i saw in the greenroom, some of the cosplays were absolutely awesome (: So for the ones who won deserved to win (:

Congrats to all of the other competitors!

TBA
Seena-Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #27
Runtome

I had a lot of fun this masqurade. I entered two years ago and this year was much smoother, though I agree that it was a bummer not being able to watch the beggining. But since we were in Novice I went back in with my friend to watch the rest. So many amazing costumes.

We won two ribbons. We both did happy excited dances, so much work and it payed off. I was so pleased with the response to our costumes, hot, heavy and exhausting but soooo worth it.

Oh by the way I was Lightning Saix (the gray and black zoid) and my best friend was Liger Zero (the white one). We couldn't sit at our table (too big) but it was so nice to just be able to relax in there with our huge costumes. Everyone was so accomidating to our needs, asking us if we needed something, allowing us to sit where we wanted and letting us walk to the stage early to make sure we got there on time.

The Ninjas were also great when helping us on and off the stairs because we could barely see anything with our heads on.

So for me it was a really nice experience this year. Everyone had such amazing costumes, I was oh so jealouse of some of them.
Runtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #28
Bolts

I finally convinced my friends to enter a masq with me and they both had an AMAZING time. (We were the Lady Avengers). Definitely entering next year, though I think they'll be doing individual entries this time.
Bolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #29
Ninja Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts View Post
I finally convinced my friends to enter a masq with me and they both had an AMAZING time. (We were the Lady Avengers). Definitely entering next year, though I think they'll be doing individual entries this time.
You guys were a lot of fun!
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #30
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
yay den 12! sorry for the late post, but i was the yuna that took the train it was great to meet you all
no-more-thread is offline   Reply With Quote