Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #61
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
yup most people think sewing is sewing, but when judging a cosplay contest, no it's not the same. Like I said, last year no one asked me questions,no one cared that I serged everything or really seemed to care at all. most of them weren't even looking at my costume, just looking at the floor. There's really not a shortage of master cosplayers who have won best in show and know how to judge COSPLAY contests, I really don't see why some of the current judges are there besides perhaps maybe knowing some of the staff members.
i noticed that! i made a portfolio for my cosplay but they were too behind their schedule to look at the work >>

Current Cosplay:
Sora from kingdom hearts 2/ Rin M. from Free!! / Otoya ittokiFrom Utapri / Aoba From DMMD Hinata from Haikyuu then i got some in the works

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto and many others
Kitsunebi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #62
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

okay my experience with afest!

this year i volunteered again and had fun. from what i heard was that only 50% of volunteers that signed up were actually there. thats not good

bagdes.... too big....

Cosplay contest

i agree with everyone that it should be moved to saturday. its just too crazy on friday. i had got crash space and didnt get into my room till like 5 pm and had to rush back for pre judging for them to be behind and stuff. too much stress. and on saturday, there will be more people to see the show.

judging can be better for the con....

Raves and ball

they were fine to me enjoy them. enjoyed seeing the hitachin twins ( real twins ) at both events XD

photo shoot space

i wish this con can add a section in the program book for some photo shoots for the weekend. that would be awesome.

other parts of the con were good with me

hotel!

big plus about the new hotel is the plaza of americas! i love that little sandwich place in the back! never going to starve at a this con!!

sad thing about the move is the not so great photo shoot places. cancer plaza was over run by soo many shoots >>

panels... awesome

biggest let down??

THE GAME ROOM!!

omg i was very dissappointed in this. i love to go to the game room to play dance central ( love the tourneys for it) this game room was in the hotel part way hidden so takes a min to find it. all the tvs were very small and had horrible sound quality. for some game like figting games etc where you are really close to the screen thats fine but for games like DDR, Rock band and dance central, that is not acceptable! the worse was dance central. very small tv, crappy sound for that tv with no speaker. its stupid to play that game with out hearing it. with unless the room was dead silent, you cant hear it.
ddr only had one pad so no doubles playing and only had the one game so no alternate music options. heard the same songs over and over.

really that gaming room could have been so much better.... i know me an like 20 other people talked about playing dance central and ddr at least a few times that weekend and really it was a HUGE turn off... if thats the only equiptment that they had, thats fine but really couldve thought the game =ing needs a lot better than what they did

also on friday, i was shot in the face by a nerf gun bullet that was checked....that little punk disappeared before i could eliminate him... ( i know for he was talking about it for like a secon and i saw the tag but didnt see the bullet coming

Current Cosplay:
Sora from kingdom hearts 2/ Rin M. from Free!! / Otoya ittokiFrom Utapri / Aoba From DMMD Hinata from Haikyuu then i got some in the works

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto and many others
Kitsunebi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #63
Dasoro
Hibari Yu

Hi!

I've been attending AnimeFest for the past few years, and I'm glad that I was able to go this year!

Pros: Con set-up was similar to how A-kon was set up, so it was easy to navigate!
I also like the numerous tables that were set up on the second floor outside of the Dealer's Room for attendees to sit at and rest, eat, or chat with others.

Cons: I know this is the first year that AnimeFest was held at the Sheraton, so there are going to some issues. Here are my complaints:
1) Both Pre-Reg and On-Site lines were horrendously long. I stood in the Pre-Reg line on Friday afternoon for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, and waited in the On-site registration line on Saturday afternoon for 3 hours (from 2PM to 5PM).

Possible solution (Pre-Reg): A 1 hour and 30 minute wait isn't that bad, it's the typical amount of time I've had to wait in line to get my badge. I really like the idea of having 1 long line that is later split into 5 separate lines in front of each desk, it seemed pretty efficient. Keep that up!

Possible solution (On-site Registration): The 3 hour long wait makes it the longest line I've waited in. I think the volunteer station near the end of the line to make people fill out paper work made it slower than if everyone was just handed the form and passed along pens. I think that splitting up the line into 5 lines in front of the desk would have made it faster instead of making just one long line.

2) The program flyer was printed in teeny tiny font, making it hard to read.
Possible solution: Larger font would be nice. A map of where Panel 1, 2, 3, etc. or Video 1, 2, 3 etc. would have be helpful to include.

Overall, the con was enjoyable, and I will be returning!
Lance Corporal Levi/Rivaille (Shingeki no Kyojin - 10%) | Kyoya Hibari (Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Orange Jumpsuit - 60%) | Tsubaki Nakatsukasa (Soul Eater - Male Version - 70%) | Kyoya Hibari (Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Gakuran Jacket - 50%)
| Ittoki Otoya (Uta no Prince-Sama - Maji Love 2000% - 0%) Re-wear: Ittoki Otoya (Uta no Prince-Sama -Debut - 100%)
Dasoro is offline   Reply With Quote