Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 09-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
elsie_paradise

Me! Me! Me! Lol,didn't think there was anyone else aha. Nice to meet you all
elsie_paradise is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
Otouto

Yeah, I doubt I'll be going to the zombie walk either. I'm curious as to why I isn't just held on a different day so people don't have to change outfits/ plans for one event or the other? But whatever day is best for everyone. We could do a picnic thing?

And @MDA; I have no way to get up there but, yay grell!
Otouto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
DeadKoiBunny

Yes walking around to different locations later that day was fun as was the dinner. I'm flexible with dates still so perhaps October 13th would work out better for everyone.

Nice to meet you elsie paradise
DeadKoiBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #19
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

So far, I'm good with any date. And any location works for me. I can walk to downtown from my house OR bus to the mall. Pros and cons of meeting up somewhere like downtown where there's more scenery, or downtown, I'll list 'em as I see out so we can figure out what we'd rather do;

Downtown;
PROS- Great photo locations with the old buildings and alleyways
Several parks we could meet up at (Skeleton park/Macburney park, at the top of Patrick and where Clergy Street starts from it, is close to my house, decently scenic, AND haunted! ...and I think the zombie walk starts there too.)
Lots of restaurants and shops nearby like at the mall

CONS
-Being downtown, it'll probably be really busy/crowded on a Saturday, even outside
-No public restroom in most of the parks IIRC; you'd have to go into one of the restaurants or the bookstore a few blocks away. (When I say "close to my house", I mean a twenty-minute walk.... down/up a huge hill)
-If we get rained out, not really anywhere else to go
-Not easy to find parking/free parking close by

And the mall;
PROS: Also a park we can meet at that isn't used much
Kind of private; not many people come down there so we're way less likely to get the "Wtf are you people doing?" comments compared to a downtown-area park
Being beside the mall, also lots of places to eat and shops, and bathrooms
Somewhere to go if the weather's wet and rainy
Free/easy-to-find parking

CONS: -Kinda boring photo backdrops
-A good ways away from anyone wanting to go to the zombie walk
-Not too close to sit-down restaurants or bars if we want to go out after
-Mall closes at 6 on Saturdays; we wouldn't be able to stay there/go into it too late
-If we get rained out and have to go inside, security might not be so friendly. I've worked there enough to know that a lot of them are borderline jerks.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 09-10-2012 at 08:59 AM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #20
Otouto

I don't really want to trek out to the mall in costume, but there's the park downtown by the train which is close to the rest of downtown? And the zombie walk should people need to attend. If we decide on an official date I could make up some flyers to put downtown, in the comic shops or something?

I need to think of something easy to make so I can whip it out for Halloween too, ha ha. I was thinking of doing female Inspector Zenigata.
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
Otouto

I could also probably make some graphics and official up the Fb page to try and draw in more people, but it'd be cool to set things in stone first.