Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

College Cosplayers?

So I've decided to start this thread specifically for cosplayers currently in college.

State your majors/minors and etc. Tips for other cosplayers in college or going to be in college and other things you do in school besides cosplaying. It's just kind of a free for all.

I'll start.

I'm currently 19 years old and in my Sophomore year of college in IL. I'm double majoring in History and Sociology and minoring in Museum Studies. I hope to someday earn my Ph.D in Korean History, more specifically the Korean War and hopefully teach at the collegiate level.

I live on campus even though I live about 10 minutes away and because of this I have met the most amazing people that I don't think I would've met if I had commuted.

Edit: I am happy to say I am now President of the East Asian Cultural Society [Anime Club], a Sophomore Senator in Student Government, Vice President of the Animal Rights Organization on campus.

Cosplaying in college has been a little bit rough so far because I don't go home as often and I'm always panicking about things being shipped to campus and having to fix cosplays at the last minute with limited resources. Living in Illinois is great because there is always some convention to go to and my parents support my new addiction which is a plus. If I do well in school, they'll pay for me to go to a con.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014

Last edited by Marbleyes : 12-25-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Oo~ I'll stop by as well to give a shout out to my fellow college cosplayers. I'm in my final year of college majoring in Anthropology, planned to minor in History but advisers messed that up and now it's too late!

I travel back and forth so I attend cosplay events in two different states. It can be difficult to manage, but in the end it's worth it!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Elendae_Nersil
Slave to Ecthelion!

I'm a Senior in college doing a major in ancient literature and a minor in history, mainly the British Isles, but I've also studied Japanese history and literature in Japan. I just returned from Studying abroad, and am currently living in Illinois.
Elendae_Nersil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia

I'm a Freshman in college whose planning to major in Speech Pathology. I just started this week, but already I've been attending quite a few events on campus. I'm hoping to study abroad during my junior year.

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Kiro

Doing my final year at Rutgers University studying Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering. I also work part-time on campus as a System Administrator.

We have two anime clubs. I attend one regularly (was the treasurer last year) and one spontaneously. I seriously recommend that you become an officer at a club, especially if you're a shy person. Prior to becoming the treasurer, I would usually just disappear in the background. After becoming really involved in the club, I started meeting new people and hanging out with them outside of the club. It made my college experience really enjoyable.

A full course load, part-time work, and being an active treasurer really kept me busy. But I still managed to bring the club to NYC twice and to MangaNEXT for free, some to Anime Boston, and organize a group trip to Otakon. That said, if there's something you really want to do, you will find time to do it. I still had a lot of time to slack off and relax.

I commute to college, about a 50-minute drive one way with average traffic. I used to live in the dorms, but never really got close to my neighbors. Just spent my free time in my room playing computer games or browsing forums. Don't do that. Get out, have fun, get a part-time job for pocket money or, better yet, an internship in your field of study.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Zexion_Nobody
The Cloaked Schemer

I'm 21 years old and a junior in college. My major is English, and I cosplay when I have the opportunity to. I do not dorm, as I live ten minutes away from the campus and can get there easily. As far as work goes, I'm a substitute custodian for a school district at night time, but I'm looking for another job.
Zexion_Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
Wolf_May_Cry

I'm 19 years old and a Freshman at Georgia Gwinnwett College. I'm majoring in Criminal Justice to become a Animal Cruelty Investigator. I cosplay at events or outtings with my college friends when possiable but because of my scheduling I can never make it to any of the Anime Club Meetings. T.T

I'm an off campus student so I don't live in a dorm since I live 8 mintues away, but I'm planning on getting a dorm next year so i can do more cosplay stuff. ^.^ And as for working, I'm looking for another job but for now I work at Petco. ^.^

~Portgas D. Ace
Wolf_May_Cry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
miyavi honey

yay college peeps! -just saw the teen cosplayer thread-

23, final year Bachelor of Arts(Hons) in Multimedia. I'm Malaysian btw.
I only cosplay at major events and when i feel like doing photo shoots (which is rare nowadays due to being final year student)
too bad my college don't have anime club
non of my college friends are cosplayers
but i guess it's a good thing. I don't mix my hobby with my family,college,work life.
Most of them are unaware of me being a cosplayer.
miyavi honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Currently in my junior year of college, studying psychology. Currently dorming so I only have a few cosplay things I can work on at the moment that doesn't take up much space. I have a couple of friends who are cosplayers and the rest know about it in same way or form.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #10
pink-lemonade

I'm 20 and currently in my third year of university, studying psychology.
pink-lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

I'm 21 years old attended Penn Foster's online program studying veterinary technology but Ii have a diploma in visual communications. Only attending 2 cons a year because I'm broke but plan to change that soon.

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
Halfanelf
Archaeological Mania

Nineteen-going-on-twenty here, a junior in college. English major with a creative writing minor. This is my firsttime beng away from home (I was at community college), but lucky for me, my shcool has a thriving anime club that hosts their own convention. =D Which, yes, I will be going to. -dance-
Halfanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #13
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

I'm 18 (19 next month) and a sophomore in college. My major is film, and my minor is psychology. I currently live at home as I get along real well with my family and I've got depression/anxiety issues that make things a little difficult for me sometimes.

Like I said, my major is film as I'd like to be a director and/or editor in the future. As for my minor, ever since being diagnosed with depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder a little under five years ago, I became very interested in psychology and learning what exactly was causing these things both chemically and emotionally.

It's nice to meet you all. :3

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
SoraXroxasXaxel
静か 領

Im going to college in January, does that count? My vacation from school is almost over and Im planning on majoring in art to become a possible art teacher or manga artist
SoraXroxasXaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
smite_me

Second year at a JC right now.

Major in Theatre-emphasis on the Technical side. I love what I do~
smite_me is offline   Reply With Quote