Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
rebel-cosplay

I'm 21 and a senior Chemical Engineering major. Graduating in May, which will hopefully give me the ability to have a further-reaching con schedule since I'll be living on my own time rather than around classes.

I cosplay pretty avidly, which is a little difficult to coordinate around school sometimes, but I use a lot of my breaks (Fall break, thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) to get things done at home where the majority of my sewing things are. But it's possible to work on cosplay at school. Just gotta be courteous to my roommates and clean up when I'm done.

College also helped me meet some new cosplay friends. My sorority Grandlittle is my current convention buddy
rebel-cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
kanzen_muketsu

Last year of undergrad for math here. Then starts grad school. I basically don't work on props actively while I'm in the dorm. I do go to stores just to walk around and see if i get ideas for making certain props.

The costumes that I'm working on now can basically all be pieced together from consignment shops. Dante will take a bit of sewing but it should be basic enough to allow me to do it by hand.
Katsukon 05
Sugoicon 10

Cosplay:
Madarame Ikkaku: school outfit 100%
Madarame Ikkaku: zanpakto, shikai (both versions), bankai 100%

Dante (Arcana Famiglia) 0%
Rude (FF7) 0%
Slenderman 0%
kanzen_muketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #18
LawlietCookies
Don't save anymore.

Hi everyone! I'm currently a sophomore at Cal state university Northridge. I'm a bio major and plan to go to medical school (which is why I know my love for cosplaying and video games will have to come to an end ): ) Cosplaying doesn't really interfere with school for me but I think that's because I'm not crafty (unfortunately) and I don't make my own cosplays. I also don't attend many cons, I only really go to anime expo (I'm trying comikaze expo this year). I really want to start expanding the cons I attend before grad school!
LawlietCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

Ello! I'm a 2nd year student in East Los Angeles College (not saying sophomore because I don't know when I'll finish college) majoring in Music (which I love to do) but I'm a bit uncertain of what I exactly want to do, I'm thinking of double majoring or having a minor as well (Visual, Performing Arts or Swimming). In general, I don't know which university I'd like to go haha XD (there's no anime club at ELAC baaaaah!)

Work comes to me when it happens so when I get that chance I'll do it.

I want to learn how to make my own cosplays (and clothes) but I have no time for that and no experience on that AHHHH XD so I've just started with Lolita~! <3 and bought stuff in the coscom marketplace XD not sure when I'll wear it XD (it's a Rachel Alucard cosplay, not sure if I'll be wearing that on Halloween all day in school since I have three classes that day....;_; aaaaaaand I only know one close friend and I haven't met some anime fans? XD)

I'm not sure if I'll ever go to any conventions like ALA, AM2 or AX (which is currently the only con I go to XD) for 2013 because I don't know anybody who I know would go with me *forever alone?*. I was going to ALA but I'm 90% certain that I won't make it to ALA since I'll be meeting my huge family for the first time ever in Peru! (I don't know if it's true but I hear that Peru's anime/comic conventions and festivals are one of the best ones ever held in Latin America!). So I'll look forward to that if they occur in January~. I live with my parents (and they're perfect with that hehe) and my college is only like 15 mins away via public transportation (I only take one bus)
Weeeee~! XD

AX 2014
Day 1: Struttin on fairy kei
Day 2: Mariah - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Day 3: Chen - Touhou
Day 4: Mariah - JJBA:SC

Last edited by choxie-chan : 09-09-2012 at 07:08 PM.
choxie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #20
DinguePample
The Crazy Grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Tulipe Noire View Post
Oo~ I'll stop by as well to give a shout out to my fellow college cosplayers. I'm in my final year of college majoring in Anthropology, planned to minor in History but advisers messed that up and now it's too late!

I travel back and forth so I attend cosplay events in two different states. It can be difficult to manage, but in the end it's worth it!
Another Anthropology major! Only I'm Biological Anthropology. :P
I'm 20, soon to be 21 on the 19th, just graduated JC with an A.A. to transfer to get my B.A in Biological Anthropology. :3

Just got a sewing machine to start making my own cosplays, having cosplayed lightly since I was 13. I've been to small con's in my city, and to AWA once when I was younger. I don't start classes again until January, so that gives me some time to work on some things. Hoping to do some Zelda, oldoldollllddd Zelda, most likely Marin. Also "Goddess" Zelda from Skyward sword. Easy stuff that won't kill my budget. ^^
DinguePample is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #21
blacknekohinata

I'm currently 20 and taking a semester break from my 4th year of college. I'm majoring in early childhood development with a minor is English. I started college a year early at 17 and my first cosplay was also when I was 17. I've found it very difficult to work on any cosplay as I haven't been working while taking classes. But since I have all this free time (any money!) I'll be cosplaying at Youmacon 2012 this November.
Hopefully when I start classes again next semester I'll be able to keep up with cosplay as it's something I really love to do!
blacknekohinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #22
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraXroxasXaxel View Post
Im going to college in January, does that count? My vacation from school is almost over and Im planning on majoring in art to become a possible art teacher or manga artist
Totally counts =3 welcome to the group

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #23
cowsrcute

I'm a junior right now working on Marketing major. Aside from school it's work work work to provide for my obsession with sewing cosplay or just normal clothes an weekdays. Volunteer work on weekends.
cowsrcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #24
DPWolf

Located in Philadelphia, 19 year old sophomore in college, my major is video game design (working towards concept artist). I'm trying to see if I can minor in prop design in the theater department since I'm part of the program through a scholarship. Since I have no space in my apartment to work I'm hoping working in the theater shop will satisfy my need to build things. I'm taking a bit of a break from making costumes after my big Mandalorian armor project.
I live close to campus in a small apartment, it'll be the first time I'm living on my own and I'm excited. I don't have summers off now (after freshman year) so I'm hoping to make this my permanent residence for the next three years.
It's easy to get around where I am though, so I can usually hit up any convention in the Tristate Area as long as I have the money.

I'm a member of my university's gaming and anime club, and if we decide to have a convention I might be one of the two people directing that.
Currently unemployed but might try to find work on the weekend or whenever I don't have class. If I get free access to the theater shop I might try and do some limited prop commissions as well.
My current goal is organizing a Mandalorian clan in my home state of New Jersey, as an official member of the Mandalorian Mercs I also have to do charity events throughout the year in Philadelphia.

2012 Conventions/Events
Star Wars Celebration VI
Star Wars Reads Day
NYCC
Toys on the Hudson
DPWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #25
eebee

I'm a second year neuroscience undergrad taking a credit overload this semester. The workload is immense, but somehow I'm still finding time to go to my job and earn all the money I subsequently throw wildly in the direction of various craft and hardware stores.

I live in an apartment with my also cosplay-loving fiance, which makes it a lot easier to get work in without bothering anybody. We watch a lot of TV sitting on the floor on opposite sides of the living room, both working on parts of our costumes. We also do a lot of spray-painting, sanding, carving, etc. out on the fire escape. Bits of our fire escape are gold, silver, blue, and covered in sawdust.

To save money, we tend to do a lot of recon. We'll visit a few stores, judge the price of the stuff we need. Luckily, we have a year-round Halloween store here, which is a lot of help for simple and modifiable props, as well as wigs and makeup.

These days, I can only ever make it to NYCC, but my fiance's family just recently moved to the Washington DC area, so Washington/Baltimore area cons might be on the table in the future. One day, someday, I will make it to SDCC. =D My interest is almost exclusively in comics, though I do have a few anime cosplay goals.

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
DesertOtaku
Aly~chan!

Hey I'm 19 and a freshmen in college! I'm out of state so I haven't been to any conventions (northern california bay area ish) and am an integral major ( kind of like a classics major) I don't know anyone her who cosplays and the anime group is run by two creeper guys who just sit every down and watch cutesy anime for two hrs ( XP no thx) so I'm kinda hoping to meet ppl!!!! my name is Aly XD back home in Arizona Ive attended PCC 4 times. I just started to make my own cosplays, others have been either bought or pieced together by random stuffs I've found. I live on campus and don't have a car! so yeah hi!
Unread 10-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #27
Angelmage99

I'm Angel and I'm majoring in History and Museum studies with at least a minor in Japanese (I only have three classes to go, may as well). My tip for cosplayers is put yourself out there. You'll find that you aren't the only one and I've even worn wigs to school and had people stop me and ask questions about what I was doing or telling min my hair looks nice. It's like spreading the word about who you are as a person.
Angelmage99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #28
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

Watashi wa ichinensei desu (I am a first year student).

I attend a community college and am currently only a part-time student. My major is Computer Programming (wanna make visual novels and video games). I am also learning Japanese in college.

I am not part of the anime club, 'cause unfortunately, they meet on a day I don't go to school. As far as cosplay goes, I have worn nekomimi to school once. Lots of my money goes to buying snacks to eat for lunch, but I still try to put some aside for cosplay (almost done with my second costume).
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Currently in the works!
Kaiko Shion [blue dress - original] (Vocaloid)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #29
xxChromeSama
Team butler, unite!

Hello~ I'm 19 and currently a sophomore in college and majoring in Humanities. My classes are online, though, because I just currently moved and such. However, I still have quite the amount of work from online classes.

Anyways, I can't attend the anime club at my college because I live three hours away from the campus.. But I tend to cosplay a lot because there are a lot of places for me to do photo shoots where I live at. Also, I live with my cosplay partner so we're always working on cosplay things.
xxChromeSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:01 AM   #30
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

Hello~ I'm currently 22 years old majoring in Pre-Pharmacy and Biochemistry. I lived in the dormitory for 3 years and currently moved off campus into a house and sharing it with 5 other roommates/friends. I'm involved in anime club, chemistry research club, health fraternity, various cultural clubs, and etc.

Depending on your school and major, it can greatly take over your life or be a walk in the park. For me, being in the sciences at a school with advantage programs tend to be crazy and busy. So my life during semester is usually gone and academically focused. I generally take advantage of the winter and summer breaks to make things.

The first year is mostly meeting people and figuring out how the school system works. As times progresses, you will figure out what you can and can't handle. And that will help you better schedule your time and within it all - put in Cosplay Time! So that you also keep track on finishing your costume little by little.

As a student, you are generally poor. So look out for coupons or sign up for them and go thrifting. your wallet will thank you and so will your tummy (extra cash = good food time!)

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote