Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Closed Thread
Unread 02-17-2004, 04:58 AM   #1
Alanna-chan
pwning ninjas since 1988

A new challenge to female crossplayers: Exposed chest

I'm thinking of doing a Sanosuke costume for Otakon, but I want it to be as accurate as I can get it without getting arrested. So far all the ideas I have and the problems I have.

Ending the bandages just above my real breasts and painting on man-nipples, but there are several problems with that. 1: there's the chance my real ones might pop out, 2: they'll be too high, 3: I have to do a real good job at pulling off looking like a man, or at first glance people are going to think they're my real girl-boobs

Just covering them up completely: the whole problem with accuracy, but so far, this is my best choice

sex-change: NO!

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two rights make a u-turn. Except in America, where you'd be on the "wrong side" of the road, because you're either "with us" or you're "against us."

~Otakon 2011 Line Up:~
*Leeloo/ The Fifth Element*
*Sailor Saturn/ Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon*
*San/ Princess Mononoke*

Unread 02-17-2004, 06:08 AM   #2
Bunnyfriend
Mahou Shoujo Fanboy

If you feel unsure and uncomfortable about that, then I suggest you don't do it. You're trying to be so accurate that are just pressing yourself too much, and that's not so good. Crossplay is also a lot of fun and joy, not only a big challenge. Think about it.
Unread 02-17-2004, 06:58 AM   #3
allyunion

I think you might try for a Sano-ette costume instead... or be a completely bandaged Sanosuke... meaning your whole chest is bandaged.
Lewis Black: "There is no such thing as bad language. I don't believe that anymore. It's ridiculous. They call it a debasing of the language. No! We are adults. These are the words we use... to express: frustration, rage, and anger... in order that we don't pick up a tire and beat the s**t out of someone."

Japanese Animation and Cosplay Society
Unread 02-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #4
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

How about binding and covering it with some kind of latex moulded "chest plate"?

I'm no chemist but I know there are people making full body latex bodysuits. You might want ot research that option.

Cheers...

Dani
Unread 02-17-2004, 07:55 AM   #5
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

This is actually covered in the first couple of pages of the "sticky" thread on the Crossplay board. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=15709

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Closed Thread