Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 09-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
Fullmetalcurse
metaldemonslayer391

Question Anime North 2013 - Umineko/Higurashi

Hello, I was wondering if there was going to be a photo-shoot for Uminkeo and Higuashi at Anime North 2013?
If so when would that be planned?
So excited for Anime North 2013~!
Thank you~!
Fullmetalcurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

no idea on that end but its always great to see Umineko cosplays! I've been seeing more and more every year and its great! There was a time when you'd be lucky to see any!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Fullmetalcurse
metaldemonslayer391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
no idea on that end but its always great to see Umineko cosplays! I've been seeing more and more every year and its great! There was a time when you'd be lucky to see any!
Well I just got into both series myself in the past two years, and I I adore them! And I wen to Anime North 2012 and I only saw Higuashi cosplayers, no Umineko ones, and I was upset. I was really hoping to see another Bernkastel or maybe a Lambdadelta~ (Because I was a Bernakstel~) It is great that there is more and more every year~ My first year to Anime North 2009, I saw a Beatrice and Battler cosplay and they looked amazing! I'm hoping Anime North 2013 will have more Umineko and Higurashi cosplayers and will have some photoshoots planned~
Unread 09-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

In 2011 we had a photoshoot on Sunday and we had around 20-ish cosplayers at the height and our own personal group was 9 people... and at MTAC this past year we had 12 people at that one, only 2 characters were doubles too!
There are a few groups of us that cosplay various characters to a bunch of different cons! We're out there if you look!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
Fullmetalcurse
metaldemonslayer391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
In 2011 we had a photoshoot on Sunday and we had around 20-ish cosplayers at the height and our own personal group was 9 people... and at MTAC this past year we had 12 people at that one, only 2 characters were doubles too!
There are a few groups of us that cosplay various characters to a bunch of different cons! We're out there if you look!
Oh wow really? :O That's amazing~! But the sad thing is I can only go to Anime North, maybe, just maybe to Fan Expo. But Anime North is the only pure anime based con I can go to, and I would love to have a photo shoot or two with Umineko and Higurashi. More so maybe on a Saturday, because I can never stay the whole day for a Sunday. It would be even more amazing this year coming because my boyfriend might be coming to visit me to go to Anime North (First time meeting each other~ Online relationships. DX) and we're planning to do a Beatrice and Battler cosplay together or maybe from Higurashi. But 2013 is going to be a huge year for me, it will also be the first year where I have more then one cosplay for the three days~
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
invalid101
Valkyrie

There was an Umineko/Higurashi photoshoot at Anime North 2012, but it wasn't on all the schedules, so not many people knew about it. My BF and I went as Mion and Keiichi, and there were four other Higurashi cosplayers. There were quite a few Umineko cosplayers there, though. If there's a group, I might bust Mion out again. I bought a new wig, even!
invalid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #7
Fullmetalcurse
metaldemonslayer391

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalid101 View Post
There was an Umineko/Higurashi photoshoot at Anime North 2012, but it wasn't on all the schedules, so not many people knew about it. My BF and I went as Mion and Keiichi, and there were four other Higurashi cosplayers. There were quite a few Umineko cosplayers there, though. If there's a group, I might bust Mion out again. I bought a new wig, even!
Sorry for such a late reply. I completely forgot about this and with everything.
Anyways, I wish I knew about it, I would have shown up.
Do you know or anyone know if there will be photoshoot at AN 2013 on the photoshoots schedule?
I'm planning as going as Bernkastel again. I'd love to meet other Umineko cosplayers.
Thank you.
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #8
Fullmetalcurse
metaldemonslayer391

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalid101 View Post
Sorry for such a late reply. I completely forgot about this and with everything.
Anyways, I wish I knew about it, I would have shown up.
Do you know or anyone know if there will be photoshoot at AN 2013 on the photoshoots schedule?
I'm planning as going as Bernkastel again. I'd love to meet other Umineko cosplayers.
Thank you.