Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 11-11-2002, 03:25 PM   #1
avagoyle

War of Genesis and Manga Carta

I don't suppose anyone else has/has played either of these games?

The artwork is really nice and I love the character design, but FAQs for it would be very helpful. Anyone know where I could find a site in korean or english?

thanks!
avagoyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #2
o0Beramode0o

I haven't u.u; i'm trying to get my hand on it, I was wondering if you know where i can buy them off online, do you? or order it by phone?
o0Beramode0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2002, 06:54 PM   #3
Beramode

I've been told that the publishing company doesn't offer them for sale internationally. ^^;; I got mine through a friend who bought them while on visit to Korea...

I'm not sure how paranoid they are about the games being sold offshores and then hacked and ripped... but if it's any indication, Magna Carta requires two CD keys (one packaging, one playdisc key) and then it does an authenticity verification on the play disc itself every time you play. I imagine War of Genesis is the same way too, although I haven't bothered installing them yet (Magna Carta takes up about 2.5 GB... -_-)
Beramode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2002, 07:07 PM   #4
o0Beramode0o

I see so the only way i could have gotten it is by the one in E-bay OMG! ;-; and i lost the bet this so sucks. This really bits i'm going to have to find a friend that goes or visits Korea =( just my luck
Unread 11-14-2002, 01:37 AM   #5
ThrustPuppy

I would just like to add that, I too, think the art is beautiful.
Unread 11-14-2002, 07:20 AM   #6
Scoti
Lv. 99

My friend has Manga Carta but it keeps freezing all the time and we don't even know what's going on cause we couldn't find an English version.. I heard it's coming on PS2 soon anyway
Unread 11-14-2002, 10:01 AM   #7
Studmaster
The King of Games!

What system or format are these games for, acutally?
2004 has just begun. Are you ready to seize this new year, and grasp things never thought possible. Let go of the past, and the pain it may have bought. It is time to make the best of the present, to secure the future.

The 2004 Studmaster World Tour as of 11/25/03: Katuscon, Philly Gaming Classic (Satuday only), Anime Boston, Animazement Anime Next , Anime Expo, Otakon, Dragon*Con, Nekocon? Anime USA?, MagFest 3.0?
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2002, 12:18 PM   #8
o0Beramode0o

I know i heard their making it for PS2 but what about WOG? they should make WOG for Ps2 too =(.
Unread 11-14-2002, 03:51 PM   #9
avagoyle

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoti
My friend has Manga Carta but it keeps freezing all the time and we don't even know what's going on cause we couldn't find an English version.. I heard it's coming on PS2 soon anyway
yeah, it's really not that good of a game. :x does your friend speak korean? maybe we could help each other! it took my koi forever just to figure out how to attack. how far have you gotten?
avagoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2002, 08:27 PM   #10
Beramode

Magna Carta actually has higher system demands than War of Genesis, but in any case, you want at least a GeForce 2 MMX 400 with 64MB memory, preferably more. You can pick up a GeForce4 with 64MB for like $52 nowadays, so that shouldn't be a problem.

They're both in Korean, designed for Win98 or higher. You CANNOT (repeat, CANNOT) install them on anything other than either a Korean version of Win98 or above, OR winXP with full Korean language support. Having CJK installed doesn't count.

The PS2 version of Magna Carta is going to have a different storyline as well as a different combat system. O.o;; The combat system in MC isn't horrible, but it does get annoying at times.

Scoti: What kind of freeze? Error message freeze, full system freeze, uberlag freeze? I might be able to help.
Beramode is offline   Reply With Quote