Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
DelvarWorld

Infected the Mushroom - Army of Mushrooms

Cross post from my other construction help forum thread. This is basically a halloween costume.

This is based on the unnofficial mascot / album cover of Infected Mushroom's latest album Army of Mushrooms. (pic: http://andrewray.me/stuff/armyofmushrooms.jpg)

I need to spray paint little skulls on top and I'd like to adjust the bottom lip if possible to make it more square / shapely. Wire holder does not do what you tell it to do

The one surprise is that the eyes light up (pics when costume is finished). I also need to add fabric to give them the angry slated eyebrows look.

watchu think?
DelvarWorld is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

I googled around for the reference art and yeah this is really good stuff. Looks absolutely terrifying and is scaled really well! Probably the best places to improve upon would be either remaking the eyes to a tilted half circle shape or adding angry eyebrows, to make it look more menacing, instead of surprised. Making the mushroom cap in a larger diameter would add a lot to the costume as well.

Probably going above an beyond would be finding a way to give it more of an organic look with sinew and saliva coming off of it. We accomplished this on our coffins by using rolled plaster tape and oil paints.

Again looks great! Glad to see some really out there costumes from lesser known source material!

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote