Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 08-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
sugarpunch18
User is now Unknowable

Question Methods for Binding a Larger Sized Chest?

So here's the deal: My sister, friend and I have some crossplays in mind and thought we'd look into different inexpensive binding methods. I think my friend and I could probably pass with the sports bra method due to our more modest sized chests, but I'm worried that it might not work as well for my sister who is more... well endowed. (A C-cup to be more specific.)

We're not planning on showing much skin as we're crossplaying as a group of high school boys, so the binding showing shouldn't be a problem as long as it stays hidden while under a short sleeved t-shirt. Oh, and my sister keeping her ability to breathe would be nice too I suppose...

Does anyone have any methods/advice that could help us out? We'd really appreciate it!
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)

Last edited by sugarpunch18 : 08-12-2012 at 05:01 AM.
sugarpunch18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
swedishguitaris
MissTimeLord

I'm actually looking for the same thing you are for your sister. (I am a C-cup) I'm using a compression bra that I got at Target for 15$ but you know, it's still a little revealing. (Pretty much looks like my character has man boobs, not breasts) I am considering doing ace bandage over it but I've heard that can be really bad for you (especially since i'll be walking around the con for four days, about 12+ hours a day.) So I may lurk around this thread, as i'm curious to the same things you are c:
Also, Compression shirts are certainly helpful but they can be very very costly...
swedishguitaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
TheGothiestFrag

I'm a DD and I find that the stretchy gauze tape that sticks to itself but not to you works well for me. and since it sticks to itself you don't need any pins to make it stay! and it wont come undone on you even if you're all sweaty from multiple layers of black fabric in the spring time in my case xD you can find the stuff at any grocery store for around $6 and I'm sure if it can make me practically flat chested then it can work for anyone.
hope this helps!
TheGothiestFrag is offline   Reply With Quote