Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Pacific Media Expo

Unread 09-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
]-Katsu-[

Persona 2012 Cosplay Gathering?

I was wondering is anyone else was going to be cosplaying from any of the Persona games and wanted to see about having a possible gathering for Pacific Media Expo 2012? I'll be cosplaying Ryoji Mochizuki from Persona 3 sometime during PMX and am hoping to see if others are as well. A more exact day, time, and such can be worked out a bit later if there are more people interested.

Time/Location
Date: Nov 10th, Saturday 2:00PM

Last edited by ]-Katsu-[ : 10-27-2012 at 07:20 PM.
]-Katsu-[ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Llytix
SHSL Fujoshi

Hey you're the one doing the ALA gathering right?? haha, I'm going as Chie with my Yosuke on friday to PMX :3
Llytix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
z_mikarin
Clannad is LIFE.

Hi, how is your cosplay prep going?
I am from PMX and
Here are the location options recommended by the con.

1. Cosplay Lounge
Size: 1,700 sqft
*Cosplay Lounge also has photo back drop set-up, and cosplay repair kit table.

2. Hollywood Garden
Size: 3,500 sqft estimated

3. Malibu Garden
Size: 2,500 sqft estimated

4. Pasadena Garden
Size: 5,000 sqft estimated

5. Hotel Pool Area
Size: N/A

All the gardens are photogrphaphed. Please check the link below!

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...ing_Locations/

Enjoy!

愛がなければ視えない。.
z_mikarin & Takeriya_Hagi are:
竹利屋 侍 Takeriya Samurai
Please visit our website:
http://sky.geocities.jp/takeriya_samurai/

My next cosplay event:
Pacific Media Expo.
z_mikarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
Amandy-Chan

Ryan and I plan on going to PMX, so if you get enough interest for a gathering, we'll be there for sure. ^_^ We'll be Yukari and Minato again, and we should have our mission outfits by then provided I get off my lazy ass and start working on it.
Amandy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
POKéM@STER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]-Katsu-[ View Post
I was wondering is anyone else was going to be cosplaying from any of the Persona games and wanted to see about having a possible gathering for Pacific Media Expo 2012? I'll be cosplaying Ryoji Mochizuki from Persona 3 sometime during PMX and am hoping to see if others are as well. A more exact day, time, and such can be worked out a bit later if there are more people interested.
I'm bringing Hamuko and my girlfriend's going as Shinjirou, so I was thinking about doing a night shoot with some other P3 cosplayers. Do you wanna meet up with us?

I think the hotel for PMX is actually kind of perfect for night shoots, so it's always kind of surprised me that there aren't more SMT cosplayers at this in general.

Last year I did a Battle Network shoot with a couple friends on the loading dock with the black and white checkerboard floor pattern. It really does look just like Tartarus there. Here's an example using a photo from last year's night shoot with Daniel Wright.

This might be really awesome to take advantage of, in my opinion. c: Haha, sorry for chatting your ears off, btw.
  • Kyouhei - Pokémon B&W2
POKéM@STER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #6
Amandy-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by POKéM@STER View Post
I'm bringing Hamuko and my girlfriend's going as Shinjirou, so I was thinking about doing a night shoot with some other P3 cosplayers. Do you wanna meet up with us?

I think the hotel for PMX is actually kind of perfect for night shoots, so it's always kind of surprised me that there aren't more SMT cosplayers at this in general.

Last year I did a Battle Network shoot with a couple friends on the loading dock with the black and white checkerboard floor pattern. It really does look just like Tartarus there. Here's an example using a photo from last year's night shoot with Daniel Wright.

This might be really awesome to take advantage of, in my opinion. c: Haha, sorry for chatting your ears off, btw.
That location looks really cool. >.<
Amandy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
]-Katsu-[

Llytix: lol Yes I am the one doing the gathering for ALA as well and very nice!

z_mikarin: Thank you very much for providing information on possible spots we can have the gathering on.

Amandy-Chan: Awesome that you two are coming and seeing there looks like there is enough people interested we should be able to have gathering for PMX.

POKéM@STER : lol It's alright and that location looks very awesome. Where is that spot at in the hotel?
If anything we can have two gatherings, a day time one at one of the locations provided and then another night time one at the Tartarus looking area.

Since PMX is about a month away now we probably need to decide on a time and such for the gathering. I'm possibly think Saturday might be the best day? Feel free to share your opinions.
Unread 10-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
z_mikarin
Clannad is LIFE.

Quote:
Llytix

z_mikarin: Thank you very much for providing information on possible spots we can have the gathering on.

Of course. Let me know your final plan

愛がなければ視えない。.
z_mikarin & Takeriya_Hagi are:
竹利屋 侍 Takeriya Samurai
Please visit our website:
http://sky.geocities.jp/takeriya_samurai/

My next cosplay event:
Pacific Media Expo.
z_mikarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
]-Katsu-[

Alright I was looking over the schedule PMX and for a time and day I decided 2:00PM on Saturday seemed like a good day. Location would be the Hollywood Garden. Hopefully this time works for everyone.
Unread 11-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #10
POKéM@STER

Quote:
POKéM@STER : lol It's alright and that location looks very awesome. Where is that spot at in the hotel?
If anything we can have two gatherings, a day time one at one of the locations provided and then another night time one at the Tartarus looking area.
I'd like to help coordinate the night shoot. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. Should I message you on Facebook instead?

The tartarus-ish area is actually outside, next to the hotel. It's technically a loading dock, so we will have to move aside for cars. At night, there aren't too many passing through. We are allowed over there (last year, we double-checked) so as long as we keep in mind some general safety rules and whatnot, I think we can get some really nice shots!
  • Kyouhei - Pokémon B&W2
POKéM@STER is offline   Reply With Quote