Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer
Don't we all cosplay in public when we attend cons and go to everyday places before, during and after the con? (Gas stations, stores, restaurants, fast food places, etc.?)
Good point you have there, but I think their can be a line between convention (or a movie per-say) and just picking up one day and say hm lets go.
Again I am not out to belittle anyone who decides to go out in cosplay, just remember.
1. remember private property is private, you need permission to take photos. If you don't know don't assume you can.
2. Do not trample carefully planted flower beds for the sake of your wants.
3.Do not disturb others. This does not just apply for people but businesses as well.
4. be respectful of other people. Even if the other person asks you to leave or stop your behavior.
5.Do not whine about "mistreatment" when ever a person of authority or protection asks you to leave and/or follows you.
6. Remember your manners.
7. Military looking uniforms CAN get you arrested and HAVE gotten some people arrested due to fearful public complaints. Official looking uniforms, badges, and likes there of can get you arrested for impersonating an officer.
8. Props are not always welcome.
9. Realistic looking weapons are a poor choice except for around convention centers at convention times and parks away from the general public.
10. Remember while your are in your in cosplay remember you are representing a large group of hobbyists.
If you know and understand these 10 things go ahead cosplay away.