Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #376
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
First off, I love your wig! That's the color I wanted!! xD
I hope to see you at Sakuracon! I'll be another KBO Asuna. (:
Dang, so many SC attendees on this forum lol

HaiYessiChu, I actually like the color of yours over all of them..It looks really good. I'll want a pic with ya (even though I won't be SAO version, but still lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #377
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I finished Asuna today and I'm thinking of making her Cooking outfit right now (I'm bored and putting off my commishs xD)
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #378
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Speaking of finishing, If weather permits, I'll be painting my sword on monday. Being in Wa (like the freakin majority of this thread lol) we all know how the weather is here ^_^ But yea, after that, COMPLETE!!!!
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 02-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #379
HaiYessiChu

Thank you, everyone! You all seem to put my worries to rest with the wig. ^^ Although I just now noticed there was a SAO thread in the Sakura Con forum, maybe I should have posted there. Haha.

Anyways, you all have some amazing cosplays! ^^ I'll look through the progress photos and now I am getting nervous- I'm still a beginner at cosplaying. I can't wait to see everyone who is going to Sakura Con (which seems to be a lot in this thread).
HaiYessiChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #380
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

You mean the ones on Sakuracon.org? yea That's a nice long as crap thread lol You don't have to post there unless it's something specifically for that con. This thread is for everyone so....

Don't worry, you picked a good beginning cosplay. Unline me, who decided to do a super hard cosplay for the first one lol Yea....I think like 95% of this thread will be there lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #381
HaiYessiChu

Oh, no! Not the one on the Sakura Con website, the one on here haha.

What was your first cosplay? Just curious.
HaiYessiChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #382
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Oh lol you can still post there..lol In fact let others that haven't seen this thread know what you're going as. They may wanna take pics cuz yours is less cosplayed then the other versions..Anyway, mine was Cloud Strife in his Advent Children outfit. WAY too much money spent on that lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #383
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

So I went out and took some photos of my Asuna cosplay today... Let's just say I don't really like it. I either gained or lost weight since I made the top so the fit is horrible and the little red things that come off of it don't let me move and my spirit gum didn't hold up my stockings...
So I'm gonna get some sock glue and I'm gonna remake my top... Yay..
Anyway here's how it looks for now (minus the breast plate).
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #384
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

I'm planning on taking Kirito (and my girlfriend as Asuna) to Otakon this August. Needless to say I'm very picky about my work, so progress has been slow.

I chose to start with Elucidator (about 50% done with the blade itself, 40% if you add the scabbard), then work on Dark Repulser and Lambent Light as I get closer to needing paints. To me, these are actually the more complicated parts of the whole cosplay, especially for Kirito. Asuna's outfit is a good bit more involved than Kirito's, which is essentially a modified duster coat, but I'm more confident it'll come out right than the rapier.

I'm using poplar as a base, sintra for smaller parts, resin castings for stuff I can't make from sintra. I modeled the blade based on the dimensions listed on the SAO wiki (120 cm total) and tapered it similarly to most actual long swords (about 0.25" over the length of the blade). The only thing bugging me is back carried swords are extremely impractical to draw quickly with only one hand unless they're shorter than your arm (about gladius length).

I've worked out a solution: Cut the side of the scabbard that faces the inside of your back open, but only the length you need for the sword to leverage itself over the throat of the solid (bottom) side. I'm going to get this working before I work on hiding it, but a welted slit in a leather/vinyl wrapping should hide it well. Or at least make it look less stupid.

I'll start posting pics once I'm comfortable with it. I have kept some WIP stuff on Facebook if you're interested, but so far there's a lot of mistakes. I've cut Elucidator's blade 5 times now, the hilt parts 3 times, the handle twice...it's been a learning experience.

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Bard and Dragoon
KOTSProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #385
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

KOTSProps, You are completely correct that it's not possible to get the swords out of the sheaths..I hate that fact..But hey that's anime for you..

I like your idea and I might do it myself when I do a cosplay that needs that kind of sword (like Link). However, with MY Kirito cosplay (Spriggam ALO Avatar) it will be impossible no matter what I do lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 02-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #386
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

The sword sheaths have been driving me nuts too-- I'm definitely going for wings on ALO Kirito, so trying to fit the sheathes around that is gonna be a nightmare.

Also guys, does anyone have experience working with Arda's lacefront wigs? I'm looking at either the Cady or the Marty for ALO Kirito, but I haven't seen much in terms of how well they spike.
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #387
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
The sword sheaths have been driving me nuts too-- I'm definitely going for wings on ALO Kirito, so trying to fit the sheathes around that is gonna be a nightmare.

Also guys, does anyone have experience working with Arda's lacefront wigs? I'm looking at either the Cady or the Marty for ALO Kirito, but I haven't seen much in terms of how well they spike.
For most of the ALO arc he uses a great-sword. The game would count it as a two-handed weapon but he wields it as one-handed. The only time he needs a second sword in ALO (up thru the Caliber side story which is after GGO...not even there in the anime yet), he just pilfers Lyfa/Suguha's katana for a few minutes. Unless we're talking about the last scene. Then that's a 1h made by Lisbeth...

As for scabbards for the Black Iron Greatsword...it's not really a scabbard at all. It's more of a leather frog that holds the point and a strap holding it in. I can think of a way to make the strap more like a hanger, but needing something rigid by your knee....eh, anime. Besides, it'd be more of a "just get it off my back" solution than an over-the-shoulder draw.

1h scabbard reference (not final, a bit short. This was more me playing with my router to see if this was probable):

http://i.imgur.com/UfzDf4x.jpg

I realize this may be a bit hard to see since the blade isn't primed, and they're both the same wood.

And yeah, my desk is a mess.

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Bard and Dragoon
KOTSProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #388
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTSProps View Post
I've worked out a solution: Cut the side of the scabbard that faces the inside of your back open, but only the length you need for the sword to leverage itself over the throat of the solid (bottom) side. I'm going to get this working before I work on hiding it, but a welted slit in a leather/vinyl wrapping should hide it well. Or at least make it look less stupid.

I'll start posting pics once I'm comfortable with it. I have kept some WIP stuff on Facebook if you're interested, but so far there's a lot of mistakes. I've cut Elucidator's blade 5 times now, the hilt parts 3 times, the handle twice...it's been a learning experience.
This is brilliant, thanks for posting. o: I'm really looking forward to seeing your work!
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #389
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post

I was actually going too use one of the lace front ones to, but the magnum xp is actually thick enough for the job. I have it in my Kirito gallery. Right now I need to re spike it cuz I only used a little spray, but the wig all together looks pretty good
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #390
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Jason, did you mean the Magnum Long? My only concern with that is forehead hair line, since there are bangs that hang over (hence why I was looking at the lacefront in the first place).

After a second look, I'm leaning towards the Cady. The longer front bangs would help with those two longer pieces of hair near the sides of Kirito's face, and it IS designed for heavier front spiking.
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote