Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #541
Yujin

Wow Inuki1! I only finished GGO a bit ago but that's so amazing.
Otakon '09, '13, '14
Katsucon '11, '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #542
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

So, I probably won't coslay sinon now. I just won't be able to hide things in that tight of shorts..So I gave up on all tight costumes. Her's being one, I had to do the same. I wonder who else I could be though..I don't wanna do Klein, or really ANY of the male characters at all. Idk, maybe I'll figure out something..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #543
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

finally finished that jacket and fingerless gloves for my boyfriend :O

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3432125/

I had to make the sheath be a snap on to finish everything xD
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #544
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

I just finished watching the whole thing for the 4th time, i cant stop watching it, its soo amazing!

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #545
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

fujyoshi, That coat looks really good!! And you say you made the gloves? that takes skill, so way to go!! However, the strap holder thing (not really armor so...) and the arm slab (the weird silver thing on the left arm) look like they were made out of tin foil..If that's all you had on hand then that's totally ok and you don't lose points or soething, but I feel because they have so much texture on them, that they really draw the eye away from the actual coat itself. Are you planing to redo them at all? And by no means do I mean you need to redo them, if that's what you want, but I think it would really bring out the cosplay and make it pop.

Ayase Shin, I need to get on that again lol Only watched it once..And I don't want to watch it in english..The 2 episode parts I saw made me not want to watch it in english haha
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #546
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Everybody bashes on the english dub because they saw it in japanese first. I'm gunna go ahead and defend the dub.

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #547
Azuraschampion
SAO and AW's biggest fan

Really? Your going to defend bryce papenbrooks completely flat voice acting, the translation that cant even get the titles of the episodes right, and the rampant changes to the story? Its not because we saw it in japanese first, its just terrible. Most of the time id agree with you in saying the english dub isnt as bad as people say it is. I loved the black butler, fairy tail, and even though itll get me in trouble, naruto eng dubs. But this is just plain bad.
Cosplays ive done: Sephiroth(FF7), Kirito SAO and ALO versions, Kazuto Kirigaya casual outfit and school uniform(SAO), Homura Akemi(PMMM), Namine(KH), and Kuroyukihime school uniform (Accel World)
Azuraschampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #548
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
fujyoshi, That coat looks really good!! And you say you made the gloves? that takes skill, so way to go!! However, the strap holder thing (not really armor so...) and the arm slab (the weird silver thing on the left arm) look like they were made out of tin foil..If that's all you had on hand then that's totally ok and you don't lose points or soething, but I feel because they have so much texture on them, that they really draw the eye away from the actual coat itself. Are you planing to redo them at all? And by no means do I mean you need to redo them, if that's what you want, but I think it would really bring out the cosplay and make it pop.
Really wanted to avoid using the stretchy(swim suit) fabric for the gloves because its a pain to sew on but yes I did also make the gloves :O I actually used craft foam board to make the front thing and the thing on the left arm or whatever and just spray painted it silver. The reason it looks weird is probably because I used alot 'a clear tape on it and the arm thing to bend it a bit(also glued thumb tacks in there). So far he's pretty satisfied wit the result and since there's no cons(that I'm going to)coming up at this time its pretty much just for the fun of it

Meh the dub is ok, but not outstanding. The DVD singles aren't worth it so although I'll tape it on adult swim I'm may not buy the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Saffire View Post
Everybody bashes on the english dub because they saw it in japanese first. I'm gunna go ahead and defend the dub.
wuuut xD who does this?

Last edited by fujyoshi : 09-13-2013 at 04:38 PM.
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #549
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Saffire View Post
I've never heard of someone's reason being this.Everyone that always says they like the japanese versions more, have real reasons. Like the fact that they picked Brice for Kirito..Not a good choice..In any way..And the voice actress for Asuna was EXTREMELY off from what it should have been. Mostly, a lot of people don't like the english versions of anime because a lot of them butcher the actual dialog. Like DBZ, Sailormoon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and so on are all extremely different in Japanese
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 09-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #550
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I honestly like Asuna's Va.... I've only seen a few episodes of it, but still.
Unread 09-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #551
Azuraschampion
SAO and AW's biggest fan

Ive decided to reserve my judgement on Asuna's VA so far. She hasnt impressed me or made me dislike her yet, but im sure ill know by episode 10 whether i like her or not. Im also looking forward to seeing how cassandra lee morris does as Lyfa, since i already got her autograph.
Cosplays ive done: Sephiroth(FF7), Kirito SAO and ALO versions, Kazuto Kirigaya casual outfit and school uniform(SAO), Homura Akemi(PMMM), Namine(KH), and Kuroyukihime school uniform (Accel World)
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #552
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

I can't make many judgements on the dub yet as I've yet to watch it. Yes, I have the first box set. No, I don't have a blu-ray player. I'm just a sucker for swag (and autographs, since I got it at Otakon). The only bits I heard so far are the little announcement trailer, and...I'll judge Bryce as a very bad pick for Kirito. In my mind...Vic, Mike, Crispin, or Todd could have each done a much better job. Bryce is just flat and rather uninspired.

Unrelated to SAO but on subject: FFXIV's English VA is rather flat too, the JP is soooo much better.

@fujyoshi: Did you custom pattern that jacket or alter the Simplicity 5389 dusters? 5389 has served me well so far but I'm not happy with the collar at all. It sits too low--it's more turtleneck-ish. Was curious if adding an inch or so to the inside of the neck edge would affect how the fabirc behaves, as that's where my brain is stuck now.

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Bard and Dragoon
KOTSProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #553
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

You'd be suprised at the interweb people who spouted the english dub sucking just from the trailer alone.

Nobody likes Papenbrook because everyone expects him to sound a certain way. I love Vic, but he's exactly like Johnny Yong Bosch. McFarland I picture voicing adult characters ( Havoc, Ranka Fujioka and Ritsu Sohma ) Crispin is already in the series, and he has a monotonic voice so he wouldve been the same as Papenbrook so to speak. And when I think of Todd, I think of a whiner. I haven't watched fairy tail yet, but when I read the manga, I really can't picture the voice matching up with Natsu ( I picture the 4kids voice of Monkey D Luffy )

Titles of episodes? As long as they're not speaking engrish during the actual episodes, I think I can easily look past that.

P.S. I DEFINETLY wanted that Blu Ray for the extras as well. But decided against it because I had a problem with my car Otakon weekend ( Tl;dr, neighborly "mechanic" did a terrible job on the hood of my car and it popped up on the highway to the con on Friday ) and that scared me into saving money for repairs. It's really not fair for the dvd to come with absolutely nothing. Saying "update to a blu-ray player of you're SOL" is a true slap to the face.

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #554
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

I am not a huge fan of asuna voice actor but I can live with kiritos.
Original though is way better.
I had to stop watch the English dub after 5 th episode....

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #555
Azuraschampion
SAO and AW's biggest fan

No the translation is bad overall, but getting the titles translated wrong is twice as bad, since theyre already translated in the first place. And yeah, i had to stop after episode 3, bryce just killed the whole series for me. im just gonna watch the first part of episodes 7, 10, 11 and 15 to see what lisbeth, heathcliff, yui and lyfa sound like.