Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 09-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
heaven_firings

Painting shoes

So I'm working on John Egbert's God Tier shoes. I bought some plain solid white kicks and have gotten the top part painted the yellow I need. But now I need to paint the rubber sole to be blue. I wanted to know what was recommended for that. Also, I'd like it to be something that won't require constant touch ups and preferably something that can be brushed on.

Ref pic
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
PirateMonkey08

I just finished up painting a pair of John's god tier shoes myself. I used the cheap acrylic paint and sealed it with an acrylic spray sealer (like this). I haven't actually had a chance to wear them, but I tested the paint and acrylic spray sealer on a pair of old shoes by bending and scraping against it, and it seemed to hold up pretty well.
PirateMonkey08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Kokoro
Classic.

I recommend acrylic paint as well. If you get the good kind, which isn't runny, and rather thick, such as Reeve's acrylic paint, it works very well in getting a solid color and it easy to brush onto things like shoes. One coat is actually enough, but if you're feeling ambitious you can try for two for a REALLY solid color. :3

I painted my Miku shoes blue with the Reeve's acrylic paint and I've worn them in the rain and such and nothing's happened to them so far. ^^

"Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving." -Dennis Waitley
Kokoro is offline   Reply With Quote