Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
FianlXCon
Banned

Keep fit just for the skinny cosplay

I figure out some crazy ways to lose weight in a short time, but I suppose it's also very difficult to insist on.
Once I wanted to cosplay Sailor Senshi R, I almost lost 2kg in one and half month, first when I got the costume that was too tight, and it was a very dream come true thing.
here are the ways,
three apples a day, for breakfast,lunch,dinner sepereatly
go jogging in the early morning at least 30 mins
go mountain climbing once a week
don't drink too much water

FianlXCon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
Drazhar

That sounds like you're forcing your body into starvation, which actually slows weight management/loss/whatever because you're not giving yourself enough fuel.

Sounds unhealthy to me.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
chupachan

I'm sure you'd lose weight that way, but you're also setting yourself up for potential health problems or eating disorder. And don't drink too much water?? That is possibly the worst advice ever given.
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
carnival
tl;dr

I'm pretty sure you'd collapse, doing all that exercise with the lack of... well, everything.

Facebook page: Monochrome Tea
Tumblr: monochrometea.tumblr.com

2013 Convention Schedule
SacAnime Winter
Animation on Display
Fanime
Kintoki Con
Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
Marauder_Pilot

2 KG in 45 days is actually a pretty inefficient weight loss plan. You'd have had much better results, both in terms of weight loss and physical tone, by doing the same exercise on a reduced-calorie diet.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 02:47 AM   #6
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by FianlXCon View Post
go mountain climbing once a week
don't drink too much water
Yes, let's go mountain climbing, but don't drink too much water guys...water is bad for you!

No, seriously, you've got to be joking, right? Right?
Unread 09-23-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
igai_to_umai

When I was first losing weight (was a pretty heavy guy throughout my youth), I went on a plan similar to this, and I have to say; you will lose more than 2kg in that amount of time. However, it will not mean you will be getting any more athletic or fit. Sure due to the weight I lost, I could run farther or longer. However, my sprint times remained the same, in baseball I lost all sorts of power on my hitting and pitching, and well I was losing weight at a pretty good rate (7 lbs a month or so) while eating substantially more than that.

You won't necessarily collapse. Fat is after all unspent energy and utilized as energy when you do not derive your calories from food.

Then again, to each their own.

I'm not too sure how mountain climbing will fair to someone on this diet. I would imagine not well (I mean all the mountain climbers I know eat like a truck just because they expend a metric ton of calories each time they wrangle with the rocks).
igai_to_umai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
Marauder_Pilot

I've never known a truck to eat. At least, whenever I leave mine near food, it doesn't seem to have any inclination towards it.

(Bad-dum-pish)

Really, the only valuable thing to take away from the OP is that mountain climbing is a great exercise, especially for burning fat and building the lean muscle that a lot of characters sport. Since it's frequent, low-resistance exercises, you'll never 'bulk up', but keep it with a low-cal diet and you'll wind up with zero body fat pretty quickly.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

That doesn't sound healthy at all.
Melancholy Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Barbapappa
Ppeogigayo.

"Don't drink too much water"?
Oh, you have a lot to learn..
Barbapappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
Asezuna

Quote:
water is bad for you!
Oh, she's right didn't you know? Water is dangerous for you. There are so many things lurking in it, especially in the oceans. Also, you might drown. It also brings no good, if it's raining, because the breaks of a car won't work as effectively. Also, if it's heated, it can burn you!
But now seriously. Don't drink too much water? Our body is 75% water! What do you except me to drink? COLA?
Three apples a day? Let me ask you something. Are. You. Crazy? Yeah, you might do this, but I see quite a chance of regretting it later, in a way.
".... Not much of a threat, considering we're already in Hel."
Asezuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #12
Diodone
Registered Puppy

i see a lot of joking going on in this thread, and it shouldn't be a surprise i suppose.

From a guy that used to be severely obese, but is now a "poster boy" for fitness, I found one of the hardest things about general health, whether it be losing weight or building muscle, to be something that i did not even consider when i started on my journey.

We often picture the hardest obstacles to be exercising, dieting, or even something like having to endure the embarrassment of working out in public (for those that are very heavy like i once was), but really, if you commit and stick to your goals, you'll soon come to find that perhaps the hardest thing of all is patience. Time is a crucial ingredient in the world of fitness. Unfortunately, and especially in a setting like this where most of the time people are in a rush to drop x amount of weight quickly in order to better fit a certain cosplay, the body is given both the crucial ingredients of exercise and diet, but is almost always denied the last ingredient needed, which is time. You cant rush it and expect to look good in the end.

It is very easy to cross the line of what is healthy and unhealthy weight loss, but both require dedication. in fact, the more unhealthy the weight loss, the harder it is and more dedication is required usually. Even the plan layed out in this thread. i mean, 3 apples, you'll have to have some damn good dedication and self control to pull this off. The only plus side of unhealthy weight loss is that you'll lose the weight quickly, but, especially depending on how extreme the plan was, you'll find yourself in the hospital. and death is not even out of the equation (depending on how long you follow an extreme plan).

Look, there are people in this thread that are just plain out making fun of you Fian, or your plan, but please don't take this post as one that is doing either of those things. also i beg you please, no one follow the plan posted, and i hope even you fianIXcon will drop this plan if you are currently on it. I mean, just the amount of damage it will do to your metabolism is not worth it. Seriously, especially for any future weight loss/muscle gain plans, you dont want your metabolism to be anywhere near as shitty as it'll be after such a plan destroys it. You generally want your metabolism working FOR you.

Last edited by Diodone : 10-23-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Diodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #13
Cephas
ICXC NIKA

1. Lose the "I have to lose X kgs. in N days" mentality. This will make you do dangerous, desperate things like--
2. Swinging the diet pendulum. If your caloric intake is only three goddamn apples, you will be severely malnourished. Where's the protein, the fats? (Believe it or not, fat is not your enemy).
The point is, you need a good balance of protein, carbs and fat. Don't forget your micronutrients either. You can fulfill those needs by eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables (and eggs. Gotta love em. Eat the yolk).

3. Drink water. I'm not one of those "you must drink eight glasses a day" types, but do drink when you are thirsty, and when you think you are hungry.
4. Determine how many calories of energy your body expends a day, and eat only a few hundred calories less than that.
Cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

That sounds extremely unhealthy. Why do some girls think this is a good solution?

Go see a doctor, OP. A doctor will be able to tell you how you're doing it wrong, why you're doing it wrong, and then how to do it right.
Polar Chill - check out my costume DIY panel and workshop
FanExpo - Iron Man Mark VII version 2, Pacific Rim Jaeger pilot?

FanExpo - fem!Iron Man Mark VII - The Iron Man Armor Project
Atomic Lollipop - Vanellope von Schweetz; raver!Sailor Mars
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
RedKiri
the Digger

I know people have already said it...but I can't help it.

Telling someone not to drink water has to be some of the worst advice I've ever seen given. I had to do a double-take to make sure I read it right. Drink your water people.
Yotsuba!(Rule 63B) & Danbo - [Momocon 2013]
Takuto Tsunashi(Star Driver) -[AWA 2013]

Like my cosplay facebook page if you love bishounens~ <3
www.facebook.com/redkiri
RedKiri is offline   Reply With Quote